Author Topic: Is this error or not ? (Script Error)  (Read 2668 times)

Offline nobelimmanuel

• Nooboo
Is this error or not ? (Script Error)
« on: August 19, 2012, 01:05:08 AM »

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Is this error or not ?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2012, 01:24:32 AM »
Welcome to the forum nobelimmanuel.  :)

Yes, it is an error. I don't know what it means, but I get it frequently. I just say yes, and nothing else happens.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2012, 09:19:26 AM »
I've been seeing that error a lot lately also. Like Seabody I just click yes and go on.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

thesweetestpea

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2012, 09:20:46 AM »
If you click yes, it will stop the script and your game should run fine. It's a problem with your web browser that I haven't yet ascertained if there is a workaround for.

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
Is this error or not ?
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2012, 11:56:21 AM »
SweetestPea, I've gotten it every time I play, with both internet Explorer and Google Chrome. Just since the latest patch update. I think it's there to stay...until EA fixes it. I've even reinstalled IE and Chrome.

Frey

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2012, 12:41:18 PM »
I'm getting it too, also with Chrome and Explorer. I'm also having some weird Origin-unable-to-connect issues when I open the launcher. No idea if both things have anything to do with each other though.

Offline Zyffyr

• Townie
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2012, 01:05:14 PM »
It isn't your web browser, it is the built-in browser type functionality in the launcher. Specifically, an issue in the script that the launcher uses to check how many simpoints you have and then display it.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2012, 01:53:39 PM »
Updated Sept.9.2018

The post linked below gives a tip on how to stop the script error from happening.

Sims 3 Launcher Running in Tray While Playing
https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/Sims-3-launcher-running-in-tray-while-playing/m-p/7010161#M231841

The script error doesn't effect gameplay, meaning you can still play the game. It's just that if you open the launcher at any point during the game, you will need to manually close it down or use Task Manager to close it. Open Task manager (Ctrl-Shift-Esc) search for a file called Sims3Launcher (32 bit) Right click on it and select End Task.

To fix this, see the tip Puzzlezaddict gives. I've tried it and it works really well and I can still add files to the downloads folder and install files.

I've seen a similar topic here recently. Here's the link:

Script Error when opening launcher
http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,11569.0.html

---
Yes, it's an error. But it's not a user created error. It's something EA will need to fix, as it happened with one of the recent update patches.

Here's a quote, from Flynn, of what's happening - why the script pops up.

The error is in the html page the launcher is trying to display. Clicking Yes to continue running scripts is fine and won't hurt anything. EA will likely fix it in an upcoming site update. :)

Flynn

---
Although, recently, within the last couple of weeks, I noticed that I don't have the script error pop up. But I've been playing my game saves in a new Sims 3 folder, without store content.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Vanessawaw

• Nooboo
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2012, 02:14:47 PM »
i have same problem, but the same with 1st reply when i choose yes everything is ok  ;D

thesweetestpea

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2012, 07:59:15 AM »
SweetestPea, I've gotten it every time I play, with both internet Explorer and Google Chrome. Just since the latest patch update. I think it's there to stay...until EA fixes it. I've even reinstalled IE and Chrome.

Sorry, I should have said it better. It's a script error on the EA website (something which is crashing, probably a section of the Javascript EA uses) which will appear no matter which web browser you use. I get them a lot on other websites too, and I've spent a lot of time trying to find an easy workaround that automatically stops scripts rather than throwing a prompt and hanging the browser. Unfortunately, I haven't found one. The consolation is, it's not computer-breaking.

anything