Author Topic: Sims 3 Hud and Sim Disappeared! Game frozen..  (Read 3750 times)

Offline Meg8

• Nooboo
Sims 3 Hud and Sim Disappeared! Game frozen..
« on: August 18, 2012, 08:17:11 PM »
Hi, I was just playing my sims 3 a few hours ago and it was working perfectly and just tried going back on and I am currently playing in Lucky Palms. When I went on nothing worked I could only see my sims green diamond which wasn't even rotating. Here is a picture of what it looked like

And right before I just tried to play I downloaded some custom content. But I dont know if thats the problem. I am also running on a mac

Please help asap! Thank you!

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: Sims 3 Hud and Sim Disappeared! Game frozen..
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2012, 01:47:41 AM »
Welcome to our Forum.

Did you try restarting the game?  Also, how much and what kind of custom content did you install?  You can try launching the game with custom content turned off (it's a check box on the launcher) and see if that does anything.  I'd also suggest removing the custom content and re-starting the game.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Frey

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2012, 08:36:37 AM »
I had this issue in Sims 2 while using custom content, so it looks like that could the problem.

In Sims 2 at least, what happened to me was that the game couldn't display some (bad quality) custom clothes that my Sim was wearing, so it just disappeared. Did you install clothes, hair, eyes, makeup or something like that and used them in this sim? Sometimes you're missing a mesh and that's why the game can't display the stuff correctly.

Also, I didn't quite understand (sorry, I'm not english-native  :). Can you still control the Sim or is it stuck? If you still can, you could try sending the sim to a mirror or a wardrobe and change its clothes/hair/makeup whatever for non-custom content and see if it gets fixed. It worked for me in Sims 2 but I don't use any custom content in Sims 3 anymore so I couldn't say if it's the same.

I would recommend the same as Pam said, starting the game without custom content and see if it works again. If it does, it means you have some bad custom content in there. You can either remove all of it permanently  (which would be my advice, but I know you may not want to) or just  remove all of it and put it back in small groups at a time, load the game and see what happens. That way you will determine which group of items is causing the problem and will be able to delete the bad custom content.

Offline Meg8

• Nooboo
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2012, 02:01:06 PM »
No I can not control my sim or go anywhere else on my screen. And thanks ill try to do that!