Author Topic: Indoor Planter Bowls  (Read 67859 times)

Offline sims96fan

• Occult
Indoor Planter Bowls
« on: September 07, 2012, 08:40:43 PM »
I just got my Supernatural in the mail today and installed it!  I'm so excited!  I made a witch and a fairy to start.

Can anyone tell me where to find the indoor planters for gardening?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: Indoor planters?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2012, 08:44:05 PM »
They are with all the other indoor plants in Buy Mode.  I haven't figured out how to use them yet, though.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline candyraver69

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2012, 09:14:05 PM »
At one point I could not put a plant in, and another point I could. I am not sure what caused the change. The way I did it was have a plant growing in the ground outside, and then use buy mode, grab the plant with the hand tool, and set it on the pot.

Sprinklers do not water potted plants :(

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2012, 10:10:25 PM »
I don't think trees will go in the planters, but you can plant other seeds in them directly or move a plant into one. It's tricky when moving a planter -- if you don't get the cursor just right, you end up with just the plant, which won't go inside.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2012, 11:27:10 PM »
Well, I just planted in the planter while it's inside next to a couch. I had my founder click on the onion on his inventory, select plant, and put the footprint underneath the planter. He planted it inside the planter successfully.

I will keep updated on how it grows.

Offline cndneh

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2012, 12:15:10 AM »
I planted 3 plants using the indoor pots, You click on the seed, hover over the pot and plant.  You need to water it of course, and somehow it grows weeds as well.  I planted a mushroom, wolfbane and mandrake root and they worked, haven't tried trees yet, but since the first special seed I found was a money tree seed I'm going to wait for it to drop a seed of its own and try to plant that inside.  Can't wait!  Love the idea, especially since I saw requests for people playing Bridgeport to have something like that... you can do the gardener career with an apartment full of potted plants!

:)

Offline sims96fan

• Occult
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2012, 02:47:41 AM »
I managed to grow all of the mushrooms in the planters inside, but they take up a lot of space!  My sims need a larger house ASAP.  ;D

I was afraid zombies would eat my garden or overtake my lot, but so far I haven't seen a single one.  I hope it stays that way!

I'm loving the fairy even though I didn't expect to like the supernatural life states much.  Bloom is just about the best thing ever since I love gardening but it takes so long.  I hadn't read Carl's guide before I started so my fairy also has the Green Thumb trait as well as Gatherer, but my fairy managed to instantly plant Great quality plants from normal seeds.  It looks like the plant level jumped 3 levels, so I'm thinking the Green Thumb trait does actually stack with the hidden fairy green thumb abilities?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline sims96fan

• Occult
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2012, 08:19:16 AM »
Not sure where to put this, but I think Carl's Supernatural plants page is missing the spotlight mushrooms from the table of growth.

Offline jen2912

• Townie
Indoor Planter Bowls
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2012, 02:39:34 PM »
How do you plant in them?

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: Indoor Planter Bowls
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2012, 02:45:56 PM »
I haven't tried dropping a seed in them but I did add plants from buydebug and they grow just fine.  You could also add any plants from stuff you would normally landscape with.  They won't need water or anything.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2012, 02:48:39 PM »

Offline thelittlepakeha

• Townie
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2012, 03:14:19 PM »
I'm loving the fairy even though I didn't expect to like the supernatural life states much.  Bloom is just about the best thing ever since I love gardening but it takes so long.  I hadn't read Carl's guide before I started so my fairy also has the Green Thumb trait as well as Gatherer, but my fairy managed to instantly plant Great quality plants from normal seeds.  It looks like the plant level jumped 3 levels, so I'm thinking the Green Thumb trait does actually stack with the hidden fairy green thumb abilities?

That was what I was finding on my test family too so I'm guessing so.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2012, 04:19:01 PM »
Because there is already a thread about this, I'm going to go ahead and merge the two together.

Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline sims96fan

• Occult
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2012, 05:44:03 PM »
Perhaps Carl can update the fairy guide?  It looks like the fairy hidden green thumb does stack with the actual Green Thumb and Gatherer traits.  I was able to go up 3 levels instantly with my fairy.

Offline Panacea

• Nooboo
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2012, 12:10:31 PM »
Using the indoor planter pots is actually a pretty decent way to discern whether the special and rare seeds you get are trees as they are not plantable in the pots. Otherwise, I've found the normal interaction of clicking plant on the seed or foods and choosing the plantar instead of the ground works quite the same. That being said, a few friends have been having trouble using the planters.

I put them in a greenhouse of sorts and put sprinklers in with them, however with floor tiles you get puddles - but using the restoration ritual that a witch gains at the higher levels takes care of that in a snap, as does bonehilda or a maid.

anything