Author Topic: Bees and honey  (Read 78697 times)

Offline Draekros

• Nooboo
Re: Bees and honey
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2012, 08:14:36 PM »
Also if you have a bee hive on your home lot and then hire a butler, your butler will try and clean the bees constantly (getting stung/attacked most of the time - due to not performing a "smoke bees" action) and never do anything else. Also they'll get stuck in their "everyday" outfit. I ended up having to dismiss my butler (after the 3rd  or 4th bee attack), then blocking off the area with my hives and locking the entrance to everyone but household. Then I rehired the butler and she seems to be working normally now (except the occasional outburst that she can't go get stung by the bees anymore 8)).

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2012, 09:50:28 PM »
Is it normal for sims to change into their swimwear when interacting with a beehive?
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline thelittlepakeha

• Townie
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2012, 10:53:39 PM »
Is it normal for sims to change into their swimwear when interacting with a beehive?

ahahaha best mental image. I haven't seen that - mine just change into whatever they were wearing with a hat that has mesh hanging off it so their faces are protected but nothing else.

Offline Nataruma

• Nooboo
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2012, 09:32:34 AM »

Are you sure your sim doesn't have the daredevil trait?  ;) Sounds like something a daredevil would do, though I personally haven't tried it.
Brother: You make your male sims pregnant?! Why would you do that???
Me: Divine retribution, for I am Sim-God.
Brother: Remind me never to ** you off.

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2012, 10:44:21 AM »
The sim in question is a Daredevil, yup. That would be interesting if it makes a difference - tending the garden is pretty much one sim's job so I've never had anyone else work with the beehive.

Offline SpiritedTreasure

• Sosi the Raven
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2012, 10:22:06 AM »
I have 2 hives. 1st hive smoke, clean, feed, gather. No problem

Go to next hive.. Smoke.. BEE attack!  :o Scream and run away with angry bees following. When at last they stop stinging my poor little faerie, go back and clean, feed, gather with no problem .. Huh?  ???
"Courage looks you straight in the eye. She is not impressed with power trippers, and she knows first aid. Courage is not afraid to weep, and she is not afraid to pray, even when she is not sure who she is praying to. When she walks it is clear she has made the journey from loneliness to solitude. The people who told me she was stern were not lying. they just forgot to mention she was kind."
-J. Ruth Gendler

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2012, 01:09:24 PM »
I just checked the Daredevil thing. I had two other sims tend the beehive - one Daredevil and one not. The Daredevil sim changed into his swimwear. The non-Daredevil sim just put on a beekeeper hat. Seems conclusive. :)

I smoke, clean, smoke, feed, smoke, gather - maybe I'm paranoid because my first ever attempt to harvest resulted in a bee attack? But my sims still get stung sometimes.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Chuckles_82

« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2012, 06:09:33 PM »
Ok, the bees have a happiness level on a scale of 1-100. 97 is the threshold for perfect honey. To make the bees happy you need to clean and feed them. When they are cleaned and fed, their happiness goes up by 1.5 per hour. They make honey every 12 hours. The box only stores up to 5 units of honey. When you first buy the box their happiness level is 50. So you should smoke them (to reduce the chance you get stung by 90%) then feed and clean them as often as you can to increase their happiness. The smoke lasts for 4 hours. The happiness level of bees on community lots will never go below 72.

Offline WickedSimmer87

• Occult
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2012, 07:57:33 PM »
Awesome info!

Thanks chuckles :D

Chuckles_82

« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2012, 10:10:47 PM »
Despite the above info that I found in the game code, my bees seem to be producing worse and worse honey, despite cleaning and feeding at least twice a day. I'm wondering if there is some sort of glitch with the hives. Has anyone else noticed this? I'll be resetting the hive to see if it works or selling and replacing it.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2012, 10:14:46 PM »
Despite the above info that I found in the game code, my bees seem to be producing worse and worse honey, despite cleaning and feeding at least twice a day. I'm wondering if there is some sort of glitch with the hives. Has anyone else noticed this? I'll be resetting the hive to see if it works or selling and replacing it.

I did notice that too, to the point that honey went from Perfect to Horrifying and Putrid.

Since I had enough honey and wax, I just sold the hives.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
Bees and honey
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2012, 10:31:04 PM »
My bees are making horrid honey :( I mean I have had all levels of bad.

Offline WickedSimmer87

• Occult
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2012, 03:19:49 AM »
If someone isnt against cheating. Go into edit neighborhood and place a wished sized lot next to your own, change it to community lot and place hives there  ::) Sorry if it doesnt fit into here, but in my opinion it sort of does since that hives never give bad ones on public lots  ;D

If admin deem it doesnt, feel free to tell me to remove or just delete it :)

Offline callycat

• Occult
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2012, 03:33:21 AM »

I stuck with Smoke Hive, Harvest Honey, Clean Hive, Feed Bees once a day on each hive and it improved each day until I was getting at least one Perfect honey from each. If I leave it for longer it starts slipping, but at once a day I've had no problems.
[they/them pronouns please]

Offline Toni

• Sydrian Bookworm
  • Occult
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2012, 06:49:07 AM »
I find that smoking, cleaning, feeding and then harvesting works best for me. In 10 days my sim only got stung once, and they got perfect honey. Also, honey is really good for money. My sim family lives of it with only 3 hives.

anything