Author Topic: Bonehilda  (Read 135381 times)

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Bonehilda
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2012, 08:48:30 PM »
As sdhoey said, there are indeed roaches as a collectible insect (although why anyone would want to collect roaches is beyond me).  But I've never seen those swarms of roaches that used to appear in the earlier Sims games.  And I don't think I've ever seen them on a residential lot either.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2012, 09:26:07 PM »
Some of the starter homes will have a challenge attached too them when you first start the game and one of those is a bug infestation and they will have roaches crawling around on the lot. Maybe orawnge is on one of those lots.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline smartburn

• Occult
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2012, 11:54:03 PM »
I forget if it was Twinbrook in the swamps or Riverview near the Broke household, but I remember collecting some roaches and the house was not infested (meaning I didn't get a challenge for it before moving in or anything). I was all excited to see bugs on my land and so was my sim - I was rather disappointed to see that they were roaches and they weren't worth anything (my simself didn't seem to mind though...weirdo).

But anyway, yes, Bonehilda - sadly I haven't been able to fully play yet as I forgot to lower my graphics after reinstalling all EPs through Generations, and then installing Supernatural & Pets so my game crashed to desktop right after making a witch in CAS (luckily I had saved her shortly before it happened). Assuming I don't have to upgrade my RAM too (crossing fingers), one of the first purchases I plan to make is Bonehilda so that my werewolf won't need the neat trait and can focus on cooking and gardening for his evil witch mistress, hehe.

Offline Blackluck

• Nooboo
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2012, 07:30:41 AM »
Unfortunately I found Bonehilda unusable. My cats are awake when my Sims sleep, but since I would invariably forget to put Bonehilda away I had no other means to do so other than waking my Sim. Bonehilda however would constantly try to pet the cats - and would follow them everywhere in order to do that, constantly interrupting them and rendering it impossible for my pets to do anything. Shame, really, I found her useful otherwise.

Offline orawnge

• Nooboo
  • get in line and settle down
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2012, 11:40:08 AM »
Roaches in Sims 3? 

I shouldve explained that better. I moved into a lot in twinbrook that got the insect challenge. The guy who comes to take the bugs didn't get the roaches for some reason. When I used bonehilda, she spent all of her time trying to kill them and failing, hence her ineffeciency.
i just wanna be something more than the mud in your eyes; i want to be the clay in your hands.

Offline awesomeemzy

• Nooboo
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2012, 07:26:28 AM »
Ach! The one thing I hired her for was to help with my pet's social needs, that's the one thing she won't do.

Joanne

« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2012, 08:51:35 AM »
My sim with the supernatural skeptic trait, runs away screaming when she see Bonehilda. It is funny and annoying lol.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline cassims

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2012, 02:14:02 AM »
As sdhoey said, there are indeed roaches as a collectible insect (although why anyone would want to collect roaches is beyond me).  But I've never seen those swarms of roaches that used to appear in the earlier Sims games.  And I don't think I've ever seen them on a residential lot either.

I have noticed in Moonlight Falls that there is more roaches than any other insect and also that every lot that I live in, both empty or pre-exsisting house has insects and gem spawners which in buydebug come under alchemy spawners.
It always seems impossible until its done.
-Nelson Mandela

Offline Swirl-Girl

• Squirt
  • Watcher
  • Sends more than 20 PMs Per Hour
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2012, 07:08:45 PM »
Is Bonehilda a supernatural, or a normal sim in a locked outfit/skin, or an object similar to Ms. Crumplebottom in the Sims 2

Squirt's Super Submissions
I love Constructive Criticism!
"Krabs are so cheap, they can't even pay attention!"

Offline cassims

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2012, 04:15:19 AM »
She is an item that acts as a maid and can't be added to households or player controlled.
It always seems impossible until its done.
-Nelson Mandela

Offline Vegangeekgirl

• Townie
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2012, 05:20:16 PM »
When I had a toddler in the family she spent quite a lot of time tending to him, she also repaired some things but now when there are no toddlers I haven't seen her do any housework in ages, all she does all day is either playing hopscotch or working in the DJ-booth.

I don't mind though, I find it rather amusing.

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2012, 01:10:04 AM »
So far Bonehilda is working well for my sim. My sim's familiar doesn't like her though. She tries to pet the cat and the cat hisses at her, so she goes back to her coffin.

Offline Flinty

• Nooboo
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2012, 02:33:51 PM »
I have a Sim that has the Mixology Lifetime wish and she makes tons of drinks.

Bonehilda comes running out and drinks everything in sight. I made a bunch of skill boosting drinks for the 4 household members and Bonehilda chugged them all down before anyone, including the mixologist could get to it. I have to make sure they are all right in the room as they are made or that Bonehilda is dismissed.

I have noticed that if she is out for an extended period of time, she eventually disappears. I try to dismiss, but it doesn't do anything and she doesn't reappear. I had to buy another one.

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2012, 01:38:01 AM »
I looooove Bonehilda!  She constantly cares for my nooboos and toddlers - it's like having the baby swing but way cooler.  She picks up around the house and if there is nothing to do she stares in the mirrors a lot.  I don't have any pets yet, so it will be interesting to see how she behaves around them.

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2012, 08:26:57 AM »
My Bonehilda, named Alecia, cleans and repairs very quickly.  I did have to get rid of the pets because she stalked them.  Despite monopolizing them their social was tanked so she was a problem there.  She has helped with the triplets while they were infants but I dismiss her periodically because she keeps trying to put the toddlers back in the baby beds.  Since they are fairies they use the house instead.
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

anything