Author Topic: What do you do with poisoned apples?  (Read 38675 times)

Offline Tiberium_Glow

• Llama Wrangler
What do you do with poisoned apples?
« on: September 14, 2012, 05:27:34 AM »
My witch keeps making poisoned apples, and I don't know what you do with them. Are they plantable, edible, or whatever? Or do they just sit in the inventory with no real usage?

I just installed Supernatural yesterday, though I'd had it sitting in my room from the mail for about four days. I'm slow. :P  Loving it so far. My vampiress who is the wife of my now-fairy Sim actually LOOKS like a vampire what with her hairstyle and a black and red dress I bought from the Sims 3 store via the game.

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: What do you do with poisoned apples?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2012, 05:32:09 AM »
I use the spell to change things into something else on the poisoned apples.. you can get some nice things with that!
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Cas

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2012, 07:38:50 AM »
I do the same as twinmum, and just transform them into something else.  I read somewhere that if you eat one, it puts youto sleep for a few hours (sleeping beauty), but I've not tried it myself.

Offline duham2

• Nooboo
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2012, 08:28:44 AM »
My evil witch makes them autonomously when she's hungry :o I usually just place them on the ground everywhere. I also have some on my home lot. My sims don't seem to go after them, but the annoying paparazzi do!

Offline AceOfFools

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2012, 08:01:33 PM »
apparently evil witches can't conjure normal apples, they intentionally conjure the poisoned kind. Kinda neat

Offline Tiberium_Glow

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2012, 07:09:24 AM »
I've been getting rare seeds and gems with the Conversion Ritual. Also, the famous line, "Are you a good witch, or a bad witch?" comes to mind. My witch is a good witch. Maybe a little mischievous in that she likes cursing zombies, but other than that, she helps other Sims.

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2012, 10:21:53 AM »
I also used the conversion ritual to change them. When I first started with my witch about 1 out 5 apples would be poison and the regular apples would be bad, horrible or normal quality.
But as his casting skill went up they became fewer and now he's maxed out casting and it's been a long time sense he's had a poison apple and the apples he summons are good quality and higher.
I didn't notice when he stopped summoning poison apples tho. Might be interesting to start another witch and see when it stops.
He doesn't have the evil nor the good trait.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline AnnDruvez

• I have a real life build project....
  • Townie
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2012, 08:43:20 PM »
apparently evil witches can't conjure normal apples, they intentionally conjure the poisoned kind. Kinda neat

The question becomes.... If you have the good trait, can you still fail and get the poisoned apples?
A 1920s era house needing heat, AC, new floors, new drywall on the walls and ceilings, new bathroom fixtures, new kitchen cabinets, new water heaters.... The roof is sound, but why didn't I just buy an empty lot?

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
  • Resident Genie Expert, Evil Simlord.
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2012, 09:11:35 PM »
I converted the first poison apple I got, and got an unut soulpeace gem, so definitely converting them
William's Wealth and Power Legacy

Fausta Legacy
*Twitch* GENIES!  *Twitch*
"For if Knowledge is Power, then a god am I!"- The Riddler

Offline Coocoo girl

• The Desert Devourer
  • Occult
  • This isn't my simself, just to avoid confusion.
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2012, 09:29:20 PM »
Once I had my sim eat a poison apple, I wasn't being stupid, I was just curious.  So, when she ate the poison apple, I think she passed out,  I think she got a moodlet too, but I can't remember it.  But if you have a high enough level wich to convert it that's probably what you should do.  But the next time my wich made a poison apple I put it in the center of the table as a center piece because it look cool. :)
EAT COOKIES.  You'll like them!
Coocoos current story:
http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,11405.0.html (Light legacy)
New chapter!:All that glitters is not gold(but there is some gold)

Offline Cas

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2012, 02:27:22 AM »
I have both a good witch, and an evil witch, and both summon both types.  The only obvious difference is the tooltip, which for the evil witch says, summon poison apple.  They're just as likely to get a regular apple from it though.  I haven't really monitored to see if the evil witch gets more poisoned apples.

Offline JodySuzanne1305

• Occult
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2014, 10:51:32 PM »
My grumpy witch makes poisoned apples too. I wasn't sure what to do with them either!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Gameactive

• Testing Cheats Enabler
  • Townie
  • “But making clichéd Sims is my specialty…”
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2015, 10:46:29 PM »
…it puts youto sleep for a few hours (sleeping beauty)…
Correction: it’s Snow White. I haven’t seen much of Sleeping Beauty, though I’m pretty sure no apples were involved with her.

I’m curious as to if poisoned apples can be used as an ingredient in recipes that accept fruit (I’ll probably look into that the next time I play), but I probably would just convert them as well. It’s simpler to do that than scavenge for gems and seeds.

EDIT: Derp, you could tell that I hadn’t used the forum in quite awhile, what with using the wrong symbols in my attempt to get italic text. Sure, I could’ve left it alone and nobody would’ve really cared, but I was bothered enough to fix it anyway.
“When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back!” - Cave Johnson, Portal 2
“You ought to upgrade to Windows 7!”, they said. “It’ll help your games run so much better!”, they said. If I see them again, then they had better know how to stabilize an on-the-fritz copy of The Sims 3 that was working just fine on Windows XP.

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2015, 11:00:09 PM »
They can't be used in alchemy, I've tried.

Offline Johanna6

• Nooboo
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2023, 02:38:53 PM »
I just wanted to add that I have also been converting them. I did that with most of the normal apples too. Got some interesting stuff. Also my witch has the Good trait and she made a good number of both poisoned and regular apples. The regular apples seem to range from Normal to Excellent quality. Actually, I think I also got one that was some kind of bad quality - and that was after the Excellent quality one!

anything