Author Topic: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge  (Read 653248 times)

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
Re: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge
« Reply #2160 on: July 11, 2019, 07:24:59 AM »
@Deklitch: houses have always been covered under it IMO.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2161 on: November 23, 2020, 01:27:40 PM »
Rule change to the Edit Town Rules:

A brand new retroactive decision to the forever important Rica's Post:

Dive Lots -  if it can be placed without cheating, it can be done at the player's own risk.

So can you potentially supermax diving in a world besides Isla Paradiso? Yeah, sure, go nuts.

Can you retroactively add them to your ongoing dynasty? One time deal if you haven't opened your save since after I posted this (November 23rd, 2020) And again, at your own risk. This is largely untested territory. It might not be worth it anyways and there are a lot of supermaxes out there.

Will you allow the same for WA/University/ITF lots? No, they're technically available no matter what town your dynasty is in, travel is an acceptable caveat to me.

Will you be revisiting other rules? I have some that have bugged me but...one day at a time please. :P

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline radicalmathchick

• Nooboo
« Reply #2162 on: January 01, 2024, 02:36:18 PM »
Does anyone have a copy of the Townie DecaDynasty Spreadsheet? The link tells me to request access, so I did, but it has been weeks and I haven't heard back. I've tried searching for it and I can't find it anywhere.

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2163 on: January 08, 2024, 02:27:23 PM »
@radicalmathchick: sorry for the wait! Let me check when I get home, I think I have a copy somewhere.

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2164 on: January 09, 2024, 06:38:10 PM »
@radicalmathchick: sorry for the wait! Let me check when I get home, I think I have a copy somewhere.

Here it is on Google Drive and again on Dropbox. I'll add this to the first post too and see if I need to "liberate" any more spreadsheets.

Offline radicalmathchick

• Nooboo
« Reply #2165 on: January 09, 2024, 06:45:40 PM »

Here it is on Google Drive and again on Dropbox. I'll add this to the first post too and see if I need to "liberate" any more spreadsheets.

Thanks so much! I really appreciate it!

Offline peach

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2166 on: April 18, 2024, 05:38:17 PM »
I have some free time over the next month and I’m hoping to try my hand at the DecaDynasty. I’m trying to come up with a strategy that will allow me to protect original townie households/lineages from being culled by the game, and I’m wondering if the strategy I’ve been puzzling over abides by the rules.

I know that the game won’t cull households that contain a Sim who was previously part of your active household. (Or at least I think this is how it works!) My idea is to move in 9–10 Townies at the beginning of the game, then move them into the various households I want to protect, and then throw elixirs to turn those Townies into fairies and thus prolong their lives, hopefully protecting the households I’ve moved them into from culling for several generations. Unless I’m missing something, I don’t think this should break any rules (but please correct me if I’m wrong).

My main question pertains to moving the heir into a new household that a previous household member is part of. I know that a previous household member can never again be a part of the active household. However, would my heir be allowed to move into a new house that a former household member was living in if I kicked the former member out the same day the heir moved in (as the rules say you can do with Vampires/Genies/Werewolves/Fairies), or potentially even during the heir’s move (since, from what I remember, you can move Sims freely between two households when the little move-in window pops up; I’m envisioning the long-lived Townie could be moved into the household the heir is leaving behind, and would therefore never technically be a part of my active household again)? Or, would the long-lived Townie need to be completely clear of the home (by way of their natural death) before my heir could move in?

I hope my explanation of what I’m strategizing is clear. :o If the long-lived Townie would need to organically leave the household before I could move the heir in, I’m envisioning a similar (but much more tedious) strategy involving dogs or cats and precise timing. :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything