Author Topic: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge  (Read 897824 times)

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1290 on: December 10, 2012, 02:23:54 PM »

When you first started the game, it should have given you the option to place the festival lot.  Did you tell it no?
I said no, because I was confused.
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #1291 on: December 10, 2012, 04:22:40 PM »
That's fine.  Just remember next time you have an option - a decision has to be made then.  You have a free pass this time to place the lot on your own lot or someone else in the game.  Just remember it can only be placed on an empty lot.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #1292 on: December 10, 2012, 06:20:48 PM »
Is anyone else having problems actually obtaining an Imaginary Friend doll in this challenge?

(I'm specifying this challenge, because I completed my first Immortal Dynasty just after Supernatural, when generation 8 was already a Young Adult.)

I know the chance of receiving one is something like 75%, but I must be having astronomically poor chances. Generation 2 consisted of triplets; none of the sisters got one. Generation 3 consisted of twins; neither got one. Generation 4 consisted of triplets; none of the sisters got one. Generation 5 consisted of twins; neither got one.

I'm not overly concerned if I don't get an IF this round (I have back up plans), but is it just me?

(If it makes a difference, I'm playing in Lucky Palms.)

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #1293 on: December 11, 2012, 12:05:32 AM »
Is anyone else having problems actually obtaining an Imaginary Friend doll in this challenge?

(I'm specifying this challenge, because I completed my first Immortal Dynasty just after Supernatural, when generation 8 was already a Young Adult.)

I know the chance of receiving one is something like 75%, but I must be having astronomically poor chances. Generation 2 consisted of triplets; none of the sisters got one. Generation 3 consisted of twins; neither got one. Generation 4 consisted of triplets; none of the sisters got one. Generation 5 consisted of twins; neither got one.

I'm not overly concerned if I don't get an IF this round (I have back up plans), but is it just me?

I haven't had a problem so far. My second gen got an imaginary friend.
That's fine.  Just remember next time you have an option - a decision has to be made then.  You have a free pass this time to place the lot on your own lot or someone else in the game.  Just remember it can only be placed on an empty lot.
Thanks.

Offline lvrugger

• Occult
« Reply #1294 on: December 11, 2012, 12:19:58 AM »
Shirin,
I'm fully patched and playing in Lucky Palms. Almost every nooboo has received an invisible friend so far. Really bad randomizer for you so far?

Offline JSBrantner

• Townie
« Reply #1295 on: December 11, 2012, 01:08:23 AM »
my second gen and third gen's received imaginary friends, but none of the generations after that have. My family is about to bring in Gen 6. I didn't use IF for spouse of either of the gen's that received them and didn't make them real, and I am beginning to think that is why none of the generations after have received one. 
Jaymi

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #1296 on: December 11, 2012, 02:03:52 AM »
All my Sims have got them so far.

By samoht04

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #1297 on: December 11, 2012, 05:15:33 AM »
My second gen plans on choosing Waylon Wolff as her spouse but he hasn't changed out of his werewolf form and he is currently a teenager. Does anyone know how I can make him return to his human form? I have tried a cure elixir and the mood let manager but neither have worked.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #1298 on: December 11, 2012, 06:35:25 AM »
Did you try cure or potent cure? Potent cure you would have had to get permission for you to use because it's banned otherwise.   Cure Elixir won't do it.  Do you have a witch in the family?  A witch's sunlight charm can get them out of their werewolf form.

Sometimes werewolves will change into human form just by hanging out with your Sims.. are you inviting him over a lot?
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #1299 on: December 11, 2012, 09:51:13 AM »
Really bad randomizer for you so far?

Bah, that's what I was afraid of. Thanks guys!

Offline RavenKay

• Townie
    • Moderator/Forum Owner
« Reply #1300 on: December 11, 2012, 11:16:20 AM »
GoGo, Waylon usually ages up to YA around sim week 4 or 5. ;)

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #1301 on: December 11, 2012, 11:23:12 AM »
Or he'll stay a teen for what might be the whole file. I'd try out the "invite him over all the time" method and have him sleep over too. Cricket ended up spending a lot of time with Gator when she needed a tutoring student, and he eventually aged up to YA on his own (not that I needed him to, since he's Cricket's nephew).

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #1302 on: December 11, 2012, 01:30:12 PM »

My gen 2 heir got one; her younger sister didn't.  Gen 3 triplets - no dolls.  Gen 4 triplets - got dolls but the heir's never turned into an imaginary friend, even though she was the one who spent longest playing with it.  The non-heirs' dolls were fine  ::).  Gen 5 - dolls arrived and worked properly.  I think it's random - I've had some games where every child had a doll and others where hardly anyone did.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #1303 on: December 11, 2012, 02:05:40 PM »
Which contrasts to my Immortal Dynasty, in which near everyone got a doll.

Ah well, I already have the last two life states planned out, but it just strikes me as strange I haven't gotten a single one. At all.

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #1304 on: December 11, 2012, 02:31:01 PM »
Did you try cure or potent cure? Potent cure you would have had to get permission for you to use because it's banned otherwise.   Cure Elixir won't do it.  Do you have a witch in the family?  A witch's sunlight charm can get them out of their werewolf form.

Sometimes werewolves will change into human form just by hanging out with your Sims.. are you inviting him over a lot?
I don't have a witch. I might try what you and Trip said. Thanks.
GoGo, Waylon usually ages up to YA around sim week 4 or 5. ;)
I can tell you, that won't work. It's Week 10 in game and he is a teen.

anything