Author Topic: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge  (Read 908253 times)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1440 on: January 24, 2013, 10:24:39 AM »
Hi, so, um, I failed my attempt and would like to use one of the kids I had to start a new one. He's still a kid and has lvl 5 fishing skills so my question is how do I get him into a game and take that experience away.

Have the Sim use a dresser or mirror and at the bottom where the Sim's portrait is - click on the ... and then save to bin.   That will save him to the Sim bin and then you can age him up and hit the random button once for his traits while in CAS before placing him. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #1441 on: January 25, 2013, 05:20:24 PM »
New wishes to add to the 5k list!

For mixology : Maxing the skill is worth 5k, creating 20 custom drinks is worth 6k.

Added to the list.  Thanks :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1442 on: January 28, 2013, 06:41:42 PM »
Disclaimer for all to see.  A member told the team they didn't think the rules would ever change so we're making sure that this is written at the bottom of every dynasty ruleset to insure that everyone knows.

Please be aware that the game is constantly changing.  All Dynasty rules are subject to change and  have clarifications made as information is gathered over time.  All changes to the rules will be noted with a date change at the bottom of the rules page as well as details given within the dynasty thread.   Dynasty players are expected to keep up with these changes on their own as part of playing the challenge.  If there is a rule clarification and you break that rule, there is no guarantee a second chance will be given by the Challenge Board team.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
  • Resident Genie Expert, Evil Simlord.
« Reply #1443 on: January 28, 2013, 06:55:33 PM »
I apologize if it has been ruled on anywhere, but what about babies that are technically "Half-Alien"?

Like Sim A marries Alien Sim B, and they have a child through Woohoo, C, who is only "Half-Alien"
William's Wealth and Power Legacy

Fausta Legacy
*Twitch* GENIES!  *Twitch*
"For if Knowledge is Power, then a god am I!"- The Riddler

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1444 on: January 28, 2013, 06:56:56 PM »
Half Alien is pretty much the only way to get the alien that's allowed in a Life States Dynasty.  Just make sure they have alien powers before ruling them the heir and dismissing others that could also be the heir.

Offline mysteriousways143

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1445 on: January 29, 2013, 08:48:56 PM »
 :'( Unfortunately I deleted my Life State dynasty game file instead of the one I intended to delete so I need to start over.  I had a brain storm and was going to start a new thread since I will be making a new founder formy next try.

Question #1 I was wondering is there something I need to put in the title or the first/last post so it will be moved to the graveyard?

Question #2 Reading this thread has me worried/wondering if there is any restrictions on giving an Imaginary Friend to a "child"(could be toddler) other then the who has received it. The reason being I hope to do an Imaginary Friend as a Life state but I worry that the heir I would want to have an Imaginary Friend wouldn't receive one. If it can be given to the heir that then I know the heir  is the one who who build a relationship with it and make it real when they became a young adult, since the heir must bring their spouse into the house and it must wait until they are of an age to get married.

Question #3 Does anyone know if the game treats Imaginary friends as an occult life state in that an Imaginary Friend/Alien hybrid would not count as an Alien since it is unable to use it's powers once it is of an age life with other occults or does it think of Imaginary Friends as human and they are able to use their power?

Question #4 I'm confused.  ???  Are we supposed  to add buildings: ie. Plumbob Pictures Backlot, Gypsy Wagon, and Arboretum, to an empty in edit Town before we place our founder or do we wait til our founder can afford to buy properties and them place them on the properties we own? I asked about the Plumbob Pictures Backlot despite it having a lot, because I haven't always been able to get a 64x64 lot in the Sims to place it in and the building itself can be put down and used for the acting/directing careers.

Hopefully that all made sense.

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #1446 on: January 29, 2013, 08:57:47 PM »
1. Just put "Graveyard" in the thread title and the mods will get the message.

2. Imaginary Friends are bound to the owner, so you can't get a full-IF from someone else's doll. Anyone else who interacts with the toy is limited to just playing with it like a teddy bear.

3. Imaginary Friends are seen as an occult like vampires and fairies are, so it can't mix with other life states and have offspring with both powers. Apparently it was different before Supernatural/patch 1.38, but that's all in the past now.

4. You can add the buildings if they are on EA-built lots before you place your founder down. So you can use the film backlot from the lot library, or the Gypsy Wagon lot copied from a fresh Moonlight Falls. But you can't edit an empty lot from Edit Town to place down the studio rabbithole (once your founder buys a lot though, you can do whatever the heck you want).

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1447 on: January 29, 2013, 09:15:07 PM »
Welcome to the forum mysteriousways143!   Trip is right on all accounts.   I would suggest taking a moment to read the "Story Rules" posted to if you plan on doing one. 

IFs were treated different pre-Supernatural but that's all in the past now.  They are their own species now.  Ghost seems to be the only thing that merges with anything else anymore as it's still kind of an overlay.   Remember this if you ever want to save a ghost/something to the Sim bin.  The game will choose the something over the ghost part and you will have a Sim that's the other occult type and not a ghost when you try to pull them up for another game.  It will also only show one type in CAS.

All Buildings that you want added to your game that you have lots for need to be added before you place your founder.   If you decide to buy a lot later through the real estate option, you can choose to place any rabbit hole that will fit.   I myself used this method to place the Vault of Antiquity under the SV library and the arboretum up at one of the random fishing spots in the hills.

If you have anymore questions, please let us know.

Offline mysteriousways143

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1448 on: January 30, 2013, 02:27:57 AM »
Thanks Trip and Rica your answers were helpful.

I just wanted to make sure that it is only ghosts who have a chance of giving birth to a human when trying for baby with a different occult.

(Off topic but I loved both of your guys Dynasty stories I have been reading and they both gave me the courage to try the Life State Dynasty cause I know that just because I fail once doesn't mean I should try again because it can succeed if you don't give up)

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1449 on: January 30, 2013, 06:21:39 AM »
In all the genetic testing I did, it was only the ghosts that gave human babies when paired with another occult unless paired with another ghost. 

Aliens are still new and because you have to return the babies to prober I haven't had a lot of experience with their genetics yet.  Most of the games I have played this year were challenge files.    I could always run a test if someone feels we should.  I know just the doll to do it with, too. 

Offline A.Drake

• Nooboo
« Reply #1450 on: January 30, 2013, 03:11:26 PM »
I had a question (sorry if it has already been asked). For spares and spouses, I believe you are able to move them out to make room for future generations? (not sure about spouses?) Instead can they take the lifetime reward potion that ages them up so they die sooner? I really don't know what to do about a fairy spouse that is a young adult with ages left till he dies of natural causes, or having a long lived vampire spouse soon...

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #1451 on: January 30, 2013, 03:18:12 PM »
You could just move them out and not have to deal with them. There isn't an LTR that triggers a birthday, but the Age of Instant elixir does, or you could just get a birthday cake.

I don't know what the policy on prematurely aging spouses is, but it's really easy to let go of spouses you don't need without aging them up early.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1452 on: January 30, 2013, 03:24:22 PM »
My feelings is this is along the lines of killing the Sims which in my mind is not allowed.  No intentional killing of Sims.   

You can move these Sims out so I see no reason why you can't do that over purposefully ending their life early.   If you want them to die soon and you don't want to move them out, have them forsake their fae powers to become normal and then they'll be on normal life span. 

Offline sunsetsorbet

• Townie
« Reply #1453 on: January 30, 2013, 03:55:54 PM »
I asked a few questions in my Dynasty story here, and was told to reask them here.  So, here we go:

• Both Peppermint and Gladsten popped a wish to be worth more than 300,000 for 7,500 points and then my game crashed.  Restarted it and only Gladsten popped the wish.   That's just frustrating.  Not much I can really do about that. 
  • The plum trees won't bloom so she still hasn't been able to complete her first opportunity.  Do they only bloom during a certain season or something?  She can't seem to tell them to bloom with her fairy magic either.  Right now, I'm in summer and the only plant she can seem to tell to bloom is life fruit. 
  • Vacation days refers to traveling to China, Egypt or France, right?  After she's completed all of her requirements for bringing in the next generation is she allowed to go back?  I might want to go back and get that last type of grape that she can only get from the merchant, I believe.  If they can't ever go back no one will ever have the Vise points to allow for more than a 3 day trip. 

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #1454 on: January 30, 2013, 04:07:10 PM »
Holding a high visa level might be a possible use for that long-lived spouse or spare that A. Drake was trying to get rid of...or the Prepared Traveler lifetime reward gets three bonus days, bringing it up to 6 for even a traveler with no visa.
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

anything