Author Topic: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge  (Read 908083 times)

Offline maisie

• Occult
Re: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1620 on: March 11, 2013, 10:53:07 AM »
That has not been revealed yet. The challenge team are working on approving University Life content, which is a long and arduous process, and they will tell us as soon as they reach a decision. Don't play your dynasty files with the new expansion until they tell us so you can keep your opportunity to place University lots.

Thank you. ^^
Than I will wait with starting my new dynasty.

Offline Vesper

• Occult
« Reply #1621 on: March 11, 2013, 06:48:55 PM »
If the family owns the lot and she's not that far in the career - I would delete both mausoleums and place a new one perhaps.  Or at least do that after she reaches level 3.    Have you tried having her be at the graveyard before work starts?

I tried replacing the mausoleum and deleting the spare and it didn't make a difference. She also cancelled going to work when she was already in the graveyard. She's unable to get to level three as she's never been able to attend work. Now, more worryingly, the game hangs when I try to plan outfit. I don't know what to do, this is the only dynasty I've got past fourth generation and I don't want to fail it with my seventh life state at teen :'(

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #1622 on: March 11, 2013, 06:57:02 PM »
Would it be possible to get another lot to place a mausoleum on? Not the graveyard but a park or something?
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Vesper

• Occult
« Reply #1623 on: March 11, 2013, 07:02:23 PM »
Would it be possible to get another lot to place a mausoleum on? Not the graveyard but a park or something?

Good idea I'll try that,

thank you!

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1624 on: March 12, 2013, 09:00:10 AM »
University Life Content Update:

Can I go to University?
-- Yes.   As far as the challenge team is concerned, think of going to university in the same sphere as going on vacation.   They use the exact same rules and restrictions as if they are the same thing.  For the Life States Dynasty, prior to University Life heirs were only allowed 7 days per heir each.  So each heir could only spend 7 days in another world.   With the release of University Life, we're opening it up so that you can accumulate the days over time so that with the birth of each generation  available vacation time will increase for your 7 life states..   You will still get 7 days per heir like befor.   However, your first heir will only have 7 days.   Once the second heir is born, another 7 days can then be taken by former heir and heir.    If both founder and gen 2 heir decide to go to egypt, every day they spend there together is worth 2 of the 14 days they have.  A three day trip with them both would cost you 6 days out of the allotted time.    You cannot take more time than your household currently has.   If you are only on generation 1,  your founder cannot go to University for a 2 term visit.  That would be 7 days more than your founder has and not allowed. 

What about the two new traits I can get?  Am I allowed to get those?
-- Yes.  But like all other traits that an heir gets they have to be completely random if you do achieve them.

Can Social Group opportunities, Dares or Day Jobs be used for BlackOps?
-- No.   These are along the same lines as adventures from WA.  Life State Dynasties are only allowed to use the opportunities that fill the slots of the original Opportunity slots - Career/School, Skill and/or Special.

Can I use the skills that came with University Life as supermaxes?
-- Yes.  There are no restrictions regarding the three new skills that came with University Life.  Science, Street Art and Social Networking are all acceptable supermaxes.   Just remember that it is unknown at the time of this post how many opportunities are available for these specific skills. 

Am I allowed to use one of the new Social Group careers?
-- Yes.  All three of the new careers are available but be aware that even though the Game Developer has two branches for part of the way through it's progress but in the end it's the same career so it only counts as one career instead of two. 

Are there any career rewards associated with the new careers?
-- Two of them are viable.  The reason for this is because the three new skills that came with University Life don't give skill certficates.  The possibilities are:
 - Game Developer gives you a laptop and requires Writing.  You could also use a Painting or Logic skill certificate depending on branch you choose.  If you choose to use this career you have to reach at least level 7 before you can use any of the career rewards.
 - Art Appraiser - Only the Acquisition branch counts as it gives you paintings as part of three promotions plus the painting skill certificate.

Can any of the new skills be used to make items for the mausoleum?
-- Yes - two new skills are being added to the rules.   Street Art and  Samples are being added to the list of possibilities that can be placed in a mausoleum.

Are PlantSims allowed? 
-- Yes with restrictions.   Spares can become a PlantSim at anytime.   Spouses can only become a PlantSim after an heir has been born for the next generation.   Due to their lack of genetic coding, a PlantSim can never be one of the 7 life states.

Can we use the two new ghosts that came with University Life?
-- You can use the Blunt Force Trauma ghost but the Death by Ranting ghost is only available for founders who come out of CAS that way.   The death itself can never be accidental. 

Any other restrictions?
-- Not at this time.  Enjoy the new careers, herbs, smart phones and parties.  Should you learn anything that would be against the spirit of the challenge please make sure to tell us.

Edit Town Changes:
The following change/restriction is now in place for dynasties from the moment of this post moving forward. 

The following lots are the only lots allowed to be placed from a vacation world into a homeworld:  Phoenix Martial Arts Academy,  The Scholar's Garden,  Champ Les Sims Nectary, Keith's Komics, B's Bowlarama, The Grotto and Roasted Toasted Beans Coffee Shop. 

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1625 on: March 12, 2013, 09:24:11 AM »
Forgot to mention -   Roommates are not allowed because they take up a slot in the maximum amount of Sims allowed into a household which makes them a household member even if you don't control them. 

Dynasty players after today are allowed a one time chance to go into Edit Town and place the new lots that have been allowed.  If you have installed University Life and played your dynasty since that installation, you have forfeit your chance to place these lots.  If you placed them without permission, you have lost your HOF status.

Edit: I do know of at least three six new wishes that can be added to the list of over 5000 LTHP.   Complete a degree (5000), Complete 2 degrees (15,000), Make §25,000 as a Sports Agent (5000),  Max Social Networking, Max Street Art, Max Science.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #1626 on: March 12, 2013, 10:53:13 AM »
The death by rant ghost is not an option in CAS to start as a founder then, I assume? (I haven't played as much as I'd like to yet :()

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #1627 on: March 12, 2013, 12:10:09 PM »
Yay challenge board! Thank you! I am going to buy Uni today, hope it fixes my game and I can go right back to my dynasties!

By samoht04

Offline mysteriousways143

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1628 on: March 12, 2013, 12:39:24 PM »
Once the second heir is born, another 7 days can then be taken by former heir and heir.
So days not used by a previous generation can now be used by later generations?

Offline maisie

• Occult
« Reply #1629 on: March 12, 2013, 12:43:17 PM »
That's great!!!  ;D
Thank you for all the new possibilites. Now I can finally start my dynasty.

Offline maisie

• Occult
« Reply #1630 on: March 12, 2013, 01:18:26 PM »
Sorry for the duble post but a question came to my mind:
Are spares allowed to use Life State Changing Elixirs? The rules say that this elixirs are forbidden but a later post says that spares have no restrictions for change their life state.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1631 on: March 12, 2013, 02:15:45 PM »
Sorry for the duble post but a question came to my mind:
Are spares allowed to use Life State Changing Elixirs? The rules say that this elixirs are forbidden but a later post says that spares have no restrictions for change their life state.

They are forbidden.   Heirs cannot change their life state they have to be born their final life state.  Spares can be bitten, become human, etc but the elixirs are forbidden. 

Also next time - instead of double posting you can just use the modify button in the top right of your last post to add your question.

So days not used by a previous generation can now be used by later generations?

Yes if that's what you want to do.   However, you don't get the full 49 days from the beginning as mentioned.   And if you take more than one heir then the days count double/triple/etc.   

The death by rant ghost is not an option in CAS to start as a founder then, I assume? (I haven't played as much as I'd like to yet :()

Fine.  I can accept that but then and only then as far as I'm concerned.   The death really is player's choice as a Sim won't specifically rant about death twice in a row without help.

Offline sunshine_2406

• Occult
  • Call me Alice :)
« Reply #1632 on: March 12, 2013, 02:47:07 PM »
Two more large wishes are complete 3 degrees worth 30,000 LTHP and complete 5 degrees, but I can't remember how many points that one gives.
From the moment I fell down that rabbit hole I've been told what I must do and who I must be. I've been shrunk, stretched, scratched and stuffed into a teapot. I've been accused of being Alice, and of not being Alice, but this is my dream. I'll decide where it goes from here.

Offline Vesper

• Occult
« Reply #1633 on: March 12, 2013, 05:22:53 PM »
I added a mausoleum to a cat park and my teen sim still won't go to work - it just drops from her queue.

Tried planning her outfit as well and there wasn't the option for career outfits.

Running out of ideas now...

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1634 on: March 12, 2013, 05:31:50 PM »
Did she ever go to work or did it just one day stop letting her?