Author Topic: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge  (Read 898115 times)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1695 on: March 21, 2013, 04:02:19 PM »
In the rules it states you can't change traits.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline sunshine_2406

• Occult
  • Call me Alice :)
« Reply #1696 on: March 21, 2013, 04:03:38 PM »
Thought it would be the case. Thanks :)
From the moment I fell down that rabbit hole I've been told what I must do and who I must be. I've been shrunk, stretched, scratched and stuffed into a teapot. I've been accused of being Alice, and of not being Alice, but this is my dream. I'll decide where it goes from here.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #1697 on: March 21, 2013, 04:50:15 PM »
In the rules it states you can't change traits.

Not for spouses and heirs, anyway.

By samoht04

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1698 on: March 21, 2013, 08:15:41 PM »
Right but in my head for this challenge it's the spares that don't matter.  I know that seems cruel but it could be because of Baby boomers.  The thought of going through the steps to get a degree for a spare seems excessive when I think of all the things that can go wrong with travelling.  I reserve the right to screw up my files for my heirs. ;D

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1699 on: March 22, 2013, 09:09:14 AM »
Yeah, I'm not planning on sending my spares to University, but I've already had two reach the top of social groups and earn traits. Speaking of earning traits, my heir just got high enough in the Nerd social group to earn another trait. I got confused with the randomness, and just accepted what it offered me, which was Computer Whiz. It occurred to me that might not be the way to do it. Should I have clicked the dice? How can I fix it? (I'm already not HOF)

By samoht04

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1700 on: March 22, 2013, 09:11:13 AM »
If you're not HOF does it matter?  Normally I'd say you have to hit the dice as it seems like certain groups always give the same traits.   I think I need to look that up. 

Edit: Yeah I did.   Interesting fact is the coding calls the Jock group the socialites.  Social groups give only a few traits as suggested so if you earn a trait through the social groups you have to hit the dice.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1701 on: March 22, 2013, 09:23:14 AM »
Okay, I'll do that in future. I won't bother changing it now since as you pointed out it makes no difference, and it fits the character. Thank you though because I want to play it right as much as possible.

EDIT: Question. I remember this issue coming up before but I don't remember the ruling. My third generation heir, currently a child, just got an opportunity for scouting. I haven't tried to complete it yet, but what happens if I can't because of the bug? Sorry for repeating a question.  :-[

By samoht04

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline sunshine_2406

• Occult
« Reply #1702 on: March 26, 2013, 04:31:44 PM »
I have a problem :( my second gen's twin just got married, thinking I would move her out to live with him. Well apparently he has no house and it's not possible to select one for them to move into. What should I do? I've left it paused on the screen but apparently there's no cancelling now they're actually married.
From the moment I fell down that rabbit hole I've been told what I must do and who I must be. I've been shrunk, stretched, scratched and stuffed into a teapot. I've been accused of being Alice, and of not being Alice, but this is my dream. I'll decide where it goes from here.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #1703 on: March 26, 2013, 05:06:09 PM »
I thought that it could be counted, Rosa, because the multi-rabbithole was the source of the bug, but I'll let Rica confirm that.

Sunshine, if you can't move them into a house, can you select the option for Kick Out? They'll move into a house of their own through Story Progression.

Offline sunshine_2406

• Occult
« Reply #1704 on: March 26, 2013, 05:07:16 PM »
Nope, apparently the only option is to move him into the house. The box won't even let me send them back over to the empty side.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #1705 on: March 26, 2013, 05:11:00 PM »
Oh, ouch!

I'm afraid I'm of no help, then. Definitely a challenge team call.

Offline sunshine_2406

• Occult
« Reply #1706 on: March 26, 2013, 05:19:17 PM »
Yeah thanks for the suggestion though, Shirin. If that was my only option I would have taken it :P

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1707 on: March 26, 2013, 05:34:56 PM »
I have a problem :( my second gen's twin just got married, thinking I would move her out to live with him. Well apparently he has no house and it's not possible to select one for them to move into. What should I do? I've left it paused on the screen but apparently there's no cancelling now they're actually married.

Quit...go back to a previous save and do not let the twin get married.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1708 on: March 26, 2013, 05:38:09 PM »
For future reference, before trying to marry a Sim - make sure they don't have a NPC job and try to invite over their household.   Doing this will give you a list of people and if that list is gigantic, he's probably a homeless Sim.   

Offline sunshine_2406

• Occult
« Reply #1709 on: March 26, 2013, 06:03:19 PM »
Thanks to the both of you, will have to keep an eye on their jobs before letting them get engaged now!

anything