Author Topic: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge  (Read 906920 times)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1875 on: April 27, 2013, 12:23:54 PM »
Unless he can somehow skip getting the car then yeah that wouldn't be doable because it would invalidate the car for the founder.

If you're going to have him use the painting cert why not just the painting career.   See if you can get the ribbon from it.   I've never not been able to go to city hall after selling 25k worth.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline maisie

• Occult
« Reply #1876 on: April 27, 2013, 12:31:53 PM »
Thank you, that's a good possibility. He already painted so much that this is going to be a great back up.  ;D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #1877 on: April 30, 2013, 03:39:39 PM »
I don't know if others have noticed this, but apparently you don't get the key to the city any more. I've had sims go to the ceremony 3 times: the mayor hands them a gift, and they get the Neighborhood Hero moodlet, but there's no key in their inventory.

If other people are having the same problem, I'll change my post on career rewards to reflect this.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Vinyl

• I hear plumbobs are worth a fortune on the black market
  • Occult
« Reply #1878 on: April 30, 2013, 03:49:14 PM »
MarianT do you mean a specific career no longer gets the key?  Which one?  Because my private investigator got his key to the city with no problems.  He's in Sunset Valley and the season is endless summer, the game is patched up to date and University is installed.  No snow and/or no combined city hall might be why it worked for him where it won't for others.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1879 on: April 30, 2013, 04:00:47 PM »
Tala, my second gen heir, was a firefighter and she got her key too.  Prior to UL installation but after Seasons.  I don't remember what season it was now.   She's also in Sunset Valley.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #1880 on: April 30, 2013, 04:43:50 PM »
Vinyl, my conditions were the same as yours -- private investigator in Sunset Valley, 28 days of summer, all expansions, patched to the latest patch. The mayor handed her a gift box at the ceremony, and she got the Neighborhood Hero moodlet, but no key in the inventory.
Ditto for the ghost hunter and the firefighter.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Vinyl

• I hear plumbobs are worth a fortune on the black market
  • Occult
« Reply #1881 on: April 30, 2013, 04:54:32 PM »
Hmm, that's strange.  It certainly seems to be glitchy with the latest patch/expansions, but clearly not unobtainable.  If you want to you might put a warning in the post that currently keys to the city might be bugged, but I don't think they need to be removed from the list. 

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Niana

• Occult
« Reply #1882 on: May 01, 2013, 01:42:34 AM »
This isn't a game breaker for me, I'll just use one of the other awards -- but my ghost hunter sim was invited to the City Hall to get the Key to the City. She happened to be at the library in Moonlight Falls when she got the notif - basically right across the road. So I sent her there two hours ahead of time, and waited. When the opp symbol came up, I clicked it. I tried this multiple times on a separate save to see if it was actually ever going to work - my Sim, the mayor or both have a route-fail tantrum and then s/he just poofs away. No moodlet, no key in inventory, nothing.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1883 on: May 01, 2013, 12:53:38 PM »
There is apparently a known issue with combined rabbit holes plus snow that causes routing issues to where Sims won't get their rewards.  Someone else brought it up a while ago I think.    Sorry that you got hit with it, too. 

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #1884 on: May 01, 2013, 12:59:25 PM »
Yep, that was me. Same town and everything. Was it snowing in your file, Niana? I think that was the issue with mine. It's too bad you only get one shot.

By samoht04

Offline Niana

• Occult
« Reply #1885 on: May 01, 2013, 01:47:23 PM »
Nope, week 1 day 5... Still summer, I'd even turned off rain! As long as I get my kids' opps to fire and accept down the line, I think everything else has a workaround

Offline Niana

• Occult
« Reply #1886 on: May 02, 2013, 04:14:08 PM »
Sorry , double post! But I just got back into my game, and I saw "Collect Service Award" at City Hall... It'd hung out for more than a Sim day, so I eventually clicked on it expecting one of the smaller awards and I wound up getting the key anyway! No ceremony, my Sim went into the rabbit hole to pick it up. So I'm guessing there's some kind of workaround :) Just thought I'd throw that out here

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #1887 on: May 04, 2013, 09:28:30 AM »
Rica, are you saying that you can't have any overlapping rewards even if you don't claim the overlap?

For example, a dynasty can't have both a DNA Profiler and a Super Spy even if the Profiler claims the laptop and painting certificate while the Spy claims the car and logic certificate? Or that you can't have a Scientist and an Astronaut even if the Scientist claims the gardening and fishing certificates while the Astronaut claims the athletic and handiness? I thought the rules meant that only the career rewards claimed had to be unique to each heir.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #1888 on: May 04, 2013, 09:54:11 AM »
There isn't any claiming in the life states dynasty. It's either one sim has it or it's not unique.

Unique career rewards -  no else gets these but one person.  If you use a skill certificate, that means no other heir can max that skill.

You don't have to max the career in order to count the rewards if the rewards come before the career is maxed.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #1889 on: May 04, 2013, 10:09:33 AM »
I am asking if we are allowed to choose which career items count. Some of us don't have self-employment careers so some rewards, like the handiness certificate for science and military, will overlap. If there are extra rewards, I'm asking if I can count the extras and leave the overlap for another career (in the previous example, count the gardening and fishing certs for science and athletic and handiness for military).  I currently have a musician who is going to become a Hit Movie Composer and a previous heir who became a Super Spy. Now recent posts are saying that I can't put her in that career because it gains the logic skill certificate at the end even though I'm not using it as her career reward; I'm using the guitar and the stereo. I want to know if the new reading is correct.