Author Topic: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge  (Read 907890 times)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #2040 on: July 05, 2013, 09:53:15 PM »
Yes it's always been allowable to have your mausoleum off the home lot.  However, remember that if something happens to your file - you're only able to move your household and the current home if you have to change towns.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #2041 on: July 05, 2013, 10:02:27 PM »
Hmmm. But I could still go into buy mode and move those items back into the family inventory, right? (I haven't actually done anything with my private lot yet)

Which leads to my next odd question - has anyone had a meteor take out a houseboat? ;D

Edit: Adding that I was finally able to purchase property in game to add the Vault of Antiquity rabbithole to Isla Paradiso. The property did not automatically sell back to the world; I had to sell it manually. When in map view, I don't see the Vault of Antiquity button, just the blue property button. I am still able to purchase that property, too.

Edit2: However, Fae Ray Arboretum is working as intended. I guess I finally got hit with the Vault bug!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline EtnaFan666

• Shy Sage of Sucrose
  • Occult
  • Don't mess with Texas, foo!
« Reply #2042 on: July 06, 2013, 02:05:49 PM »
You can post unofficial stories.  There is nothing saying you can't.  People have done it a lot in the past.  Just make sure people know it's unofficial.

This right here is the cause of my happiness, knowing that I just need a disclaimer for a story to be allowed to post it. I do not mind not getting an interview or award for not being in HoF as there are tons of people far more capable of doing it legit. I prefer to just tell my stories. I'll modify my signature to have a general disclaimer which I will repeat if I upload a story. I just have to figure out how to use the picture gallery to upload my screenshots.  8)

...don't rule out spouses that may have died those deaths in the graveyards.  I haven't been able to write down all the ghosts in the graveyard yet to find out if there are any hiding out.  If you say they're base game then that's what they are.

Sim Wiki lists all the deceased in a neighborhood and after checking the two cemeteries I saw a lot of fire tombstones, some old age tombstones, and a drowning and electrocution tombstone. I don't know what the emblems on a shark attack/scuba drowning or dehydration tombstone are but I know that the ones I saw weren't those.

Doesn't mean you won't find a friend of the family that may die in these manners.  I've had family friends die of thirst randomly so why not get randomly attacked by a shark in the area?

Vampires and shark are two different fanged creatures!  :( I guess I could invite a bunch of scuba divers on an outing to Mermaid's Grotto and hope that they get attacked randomly but chances are they'll run to the surface after their air drains due to AI. *sigh* Well, I guess this challenge nerfs the "kill kill kill" hormone I had during my Sims 2 days when I would use Rodney's Death Creator to slaughter people to try to make Reaper Babies. *laughs*  :D

I guess that explains why people who use a ghost usually grab them from the graveyard. I guess I'll try throwing house parties over and over to see if the Van Goulds get too stupid to live and die of thirst. I have a Fire Ghost bound to my Dynasty lot right now but I want to have a bit of variety.

One question, Rica.. in Airica's household, Gunther Goth died of the haunting curse, was that free will? If that just random, then does doing something that could kill you randomly count as a legit ghost spouse? I know using the Stone to make gold and eating jellybeans are directable only and thus the random death caused by them would be a violation of the rules, which is why the Ranting Ghost can't be a spouse(as you have to direct the spouse to rant about death twice as Grim won't take their soul away the first time), but what about Blunt Trauma? Would I have to wait until a mortal gets hit by bad luck and crushed to get a blunt trauma ghost for a spouse? Just wondering.
I play The Sims 4 for fun, so I don't care if I never end up being interviewed for the Dynasty Hall of Fame; people who play for keeps burn out too easily and don't enjoy playing the games, so I am going to not sweat the details.

"With great ability comes great taking into account of one's actions!" - spoken by an NPC in Lego Marvel Superheroes

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #2043 on: July 06, 2013, 02:14:05 PM »
Just so you know - I removed the spoiler as we don't allow them on the forum.

It was a complete accident.  According to all game statistics, he shouldn't have died ever due to wand and skill level. But I had left him to his own devices hoping he'd freeze to death or eat a jelly bean.  He surprised me.  Jelly beans can be completely autonomous by the way.  I've had Sims eat like 5 in a row while I watched and didn't do anything to stop them.  Which is why jelly bean death is actually listed as excusable in the FAQ (a good read).  Jelly Bean death is a 8% or less chance.  I've used the jelly bean bush intentionally and we're talking something along the lines of 300 jelly beans or more and still no death.  It's random.  Just don't sit there and queue it up continuously as that is an intentional death. 

Using the Stone to make gold is also a very low chance and 999 times out of 1000 it won't result in death so you can make things into gold.  Don't do it for the death though.  Do it for the gold.  That's the difference between killing someone (which isn't allowed) and having an accident (which is happy circumstances).

Have a bed (which is now way less lethal) that may crush a Sim is ok just don't have them put it up and down a million times.   Don't plan for them to be that ghost.  Plan on them being something else and if they become a ghost - well that works out for you doesn't it?

Planning for a ghost is killing a Sim. 

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline mysteriousways143

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2044 on: July 06, 2013, 02:20:05 PM »
Are we allowed to place a high rise building to help with meeting the homeless townies?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #2045 on: July 06, 2013, 02:21:16 PM »
No you cannot place homes as per the edit town rules.

Offline mysteriousways143

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2046 on: July 06, 2013, 02:24:40 PM »
Darn! Oh well thanks for the quick reply. Guess I will just have to hope they become a proprietor or something so I can find them more easily.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #2047 on: July 06, 2013, 02:51:52 PM »
Okay, so the rules say that heirs cannot become PlantSims but the spares can at any time and the spouses can after the next heir is born. Can you have a spare, after the birth of your heir, who is born a PlantSim? That is, have the spouse plant and harvest a Forbidden Fruit? And how is the gender determined? I thought that the PlantSim baby would be an exact copy of whomever pulled it up, but I've seen female Sims pull up male PlantSim babies. Is there a way to choose, like plant the baby next to a watermelon vine? ;)

By samoht04

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #2048 on: July 06, 2013, 02:59:26 PM »
You can pull one after the heir is born if you choose but it would have to be done by the former heir as they are the only ones allowed to bring in anyone. Also remember that it's all house space being taken up. Ask yourself if that PlantSim is something you just want to play with or if it will actually help the dynasty.  PlantSims can't make more plantSim babies to spread around.

Someone said that if you fertilize with apples you'll get a girl but I haven't tested it.  And if it's a male pulling a plantSim and it happens to be a girl they will be the girl version clone of that male. 

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2049 on: July 06, 2013, 04:02:12 PM »
You raise some good points. What I wanted was a little clone of Gen 3's wife but since she can't pull it anyway I'll forget it. Don't want to spend the house space. Thank you.

By samoht04

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2050 on: July 08, 2013, 06:35:22 AM »
Just double checking something as I just re-read the rules and didn't see it mentioned, but I am fairly certain I recall there being a ruling about resurrecting ghosts. In this dynasty, you can resurrect any ghost you like, yes? Whether they started dead or alive in the game? And genie wish is an acceptable way to do this? Obviously, it would be for a spouse since you can't add anyone else to the household.

By samoht04

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #2051 on: July 08, 2013, 07:32:46 AM »
Yes, any ghost is fair game for being resurrected a life states dynasty as long as they're intended to be a spouse. There aren't any restrictions on life-extension of spouses, so resurrection is allowed under that freedom.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Lissa

• Nooboo
  • Watching those Sims
« Reply #2052 on: July 08, 2013, 11:05:14 AM »
Hello, I have a question. My current heir has just married Ayden Van Gould, who has 2 teens in his house. When I try to move only Ayden in, I am not allowed since the teens cannot be alone. What should I do in this situation?

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #2053 on: July 08, 2013, 11:12:44 AM »
You have three options:

1. Wait for one of his teens to grow up on their own. I think Tristan is about a week away from his young adult birthday at the start of the same, with Emelie not far behind.

2. Buy an Age of Instant elixir and throw it at one of the teens.

3. Invite the family over for some birthday cake, and use a cake to age up one of the teens.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Lissa

• Nooboo
  • Watching those Sims
« Reply #2054 on: July 08, 2013, 11:15:25 AM »
You have three options:

1. Wait for one of his teens to grow up on their own. I think Tristan is about a week away from his young adult birthday at the start of the same, with Emelie not far behind.

2. Buy an Age of Instant elixir and throw it at one of the teens.

3. Invite the family over for some birthday cake, and use a cake to age up one of the teens.

Im sorry for making this unclear before, but I have the move in screen right now, as I /just married him. I cant exit out of that screen.