Author Topic: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge  (Read 906854 times)

Offline Vinyl

• I hear plumbobs are worth a fortune on the black market
  • Occult
Re: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #2070 on: July 11, 2013, 10:50:58 PM »
Can your sim be acted upon by others?  I had a similar glitch yesterday when one of my sims had no self-interactions and also couldn't be selected by any other household member.  She could click on others just fine, and they could autonomously initiate interactions with her. 

The only oddities about her when she glitched is she'd made her own self-employed career outfit and wore it (self-employed gardener) and she also failed a woohoo interaction on a bed (she initiated it, but her spouse said no, and soon after I noticed she was glitched).  Not sure if either situations have any bearing on the glitch, but it was the only unusual things about her.  It was very odd and fortunately went away the next time I loaded the file.  Hopefully your issue is transient as well!

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #2071 on: July 12, 2013, 08:55:02 AM »
Mine went away as well. What a relief! At first people couldn't interact with him either but it's gone after I cleared caches and restarted.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pyro0001

• Glitch Receiver
  • Occult
« Reply #2072 on: July 14, 2013, 06:55:42 AM »
Hi everyone, I just have a quick question:

Are you allowed to give an heir a makeover before they've finished their requirements? Rosa mentioned it in her wonderful Callahan dynasty and before I begin my dynasty I thought I would check. Thanks!
The Bertone Immortal Dynasty | Pyro's Studio

'You know what they call Quarter Pounders in Paris? Royale with Cheese.' - Vincent Vega, Pulp Fiction

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #2073 on: July 14, 2013, 07:24:43 AM »
Hi everyone, I just have a quick question:

Are you allowed to give an heir a makeover before they've finished their requirements? Rosa mentioned it in her wonderful Callahan dynasty and before I begin my dynasty I thought I would check. Thanks!

If it's a stylist makeover that extends your lifespan, no. The heir cannot use any means of life extension until after their requirements are finished. If I recall correctly, (it's been a while since I read it, so I could be imagining things) that makeover is what invalidated the Callahans for the Hall of Fame.

Offline Pyro0001

• Glitch Receiver
  • Occult
« Reply #2074 on: July 14, 2013, 07:45:40 AM »
OK, so normal makeovers (with the mirror and dresser) are fine?
The Bertone Immortal Dynasty | Pyro's Studio

'You know what they call Quarter Pounders in Paris? Royale with Cheese.' - Vincent Vega, Pulp Fiction

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #2075 on: July 14, 2013, 08:00:38 AM »
OK, so normal makeovers (with the mirror and dresser) are fine?

Yeah, those are fine. They don't mess with your lifespan.

Offline Dittie

• Nooboo
« Reply #2076 on: July 14, 2013, 08:45:52 PM »
Hi i have a quick question,

What are the rules when playing this challenge with the university expansion pack on? thanks

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #2077 on: July 14, 2013, 09:01:15 PM »
Here is Rica's specific post on it, but everything should be in the rules on the first post as well.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #2078 on: July 14, 2013, 10:32:28 PM »
To add to what Trip said - the rules in the first post and the FAQ in the second post are completely up to date for all expansions.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #2079 on: July 16, 2013, 06:45:40 AM »
Bad news--an update on the 'Long Life' Wish situation: it's not just the next generation that is affected. Gen 3's grandchildren were just born in game, all with 6 days to age up. I know it's already banned and all, just wanted to let you know. I will proceed same as the last generation.

By samoht04

Offline mysteriousways143

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2080 on: July 16, 2013, 05:19:25 PM »
I just thought of something. Would a normal Sim founder be able to complete the Diving skill challenges then afterwards turn into a Mermaid and have them count?

Offline EtnaFan666

• Shy Sage of Sucrose
  • Occult
  • Don't mess with Texas, foo!
« Reply #2081 on: July 17, 2013, 09:44:12 PM »
I just thought of something. Would a normal Sim founder be able to complete the Diving skill challenges then afterwards turn into a Mermaid and have them count?

I think the answer is NO, because once you create your founder's Life State as human, it must remain as human for the entire challenge. If you changed the founder's life state, it would invalidate the point of the challenge. If you want to do the diving skill challenges, you can't use mermaidic kelp, you have to remain human.

I didn't like the thought that "Oh, a skill is mastered already by being born a fish, you can't supermax it" because I was like "So a skill is mastered, isn't a supermax not just mastery of the skill?" but I think I get why they did that - mermaids don't just have mastery of diving, they have built-in Steel Lungs so they never need to surface, which makes the diving skill challenges easier. Of course, a human diver could declare Steel Lungs as one of their LTRs, but they have to earn it while the mermaid does not. So basically, mermaids are allowed to be a life state in the dynasty, they just are banned from using their diving skill at ALL.

Speaking of changing life states, I don't know if this was already asked and answered, but I have to ask: Since spares have no restrictions on changing traits or extending life, do they also have no restrictions on their life state? I mean, in an earlier attempt, I had a fairy founder mate with Violet Slymer and get two golden ghosts and a human. I had the human marry Ayder Van Gould and ask him to turn her before they married. I had married her out of the house so there was no vampire in the house but if I hadn't married her out, would her becoming a vampire have cost me the challenge? Just asking as I am currently thinking of making my two human spares for my recent attempt into a witch and fairy, but won't if I am not allowed to.
I play The Sims 4 for fun, so I don't care if I never end up being interviewed for the Dynasty Hall of Fame; people who play for keeps burn out too easily and don't enjoy playing the games, so I am going to not sweat the details.

"With great ability comes great taking into account of one's actions!" - spoken by an NPC in Lego Marvel Superheroes

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #2082 on: July 17, 2013, 09:46:49 PM »
Actually a founder is allowed to change their life state as long as it's done before all requirements are finished.  However a mermaid is not allowed to use the diving skill challenges so if you want her to be a mermaid, she needs to do something other than diving for skill challenges.

It's already mentioned somewhere I thought on how there is no restrictions for spares & spouses to become new life states. Just for heirs.  However, no one can use elixirs or potions to become a new life state.  So there is no way to turn anyone into a witch other than birth.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline EtnaFan666

• Shy Sage of Sucrose
  • Occult
  • Don't mess with Texas, foo!
« Reply #2083 on: July 17, 2013, 11:46:05 PM »
Okay thanks. It doesn't matter as I deleted my last attempt due to a misunderstanding of the vacation rules. I had sent my founder and her husband for six days in China and I thought I had screwed myself over because I had used up 12 vacation days because two Sims had gone but I already deleted the files from my hard drive. I'll work back on an Immortal Dynasty and come back to this when I get the expansion pack bundle that EA came out with Generations. Thanks anyways.
I play The Sims 4 for fun, so I don't care if I never end up being interviewed for the Dynasty Hall of Fame; people who play for keeps burn out too easily and don't enjoy playing the games, so I am going to not sweat the details.

"With great ability comes great taking into account of one's actions!" - spoken by an NPC in Lego Marvel Superheroes

Offline Tandrael

• Townie
« Reply #2084 on: July 18, 2013, 12:11:59 AM »
Hi everybody! Such a nice challenge and so much information! This might have been asked before but I can't find an answer, is "The Fairy Tale Finder" LTW  allowed?
ĄPura vida!