Author Topic: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge  (Read 908074 times)

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
Re: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #2115 on: July 25, 2013, 09:28:38 PM »
You can create a pet with your founder, I don't think there's a limit other than the game's limit (six), but I don't know about the traits. I swear that someone gave an answer on traits but I forget it now. :(

EDIT: Dug up an answer from Rica:

Go ahead and choose your pet's traits.  For this challenge it's mostly the heirs who have restrictions so that shouldn't be a problem.

So you don't have to randomize pet traits.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Vesper

• Occult
« Reply #2116 on: July 29, 2013, 04:41:39 PM »
Generation two has just become a teen and she can't go to work; it just drops from her queue. I had this problem with my previous attempt (eventually preventing completion), I don't know what can be done. I've gone back to a previous save and tried again. I've bought the graveyard and replaced the mausoleum, I've ensured that she's on the lot before starting time, I've ensured that she's dressed in her career outfit. I don't know what else I can do. This game file is new for this challenge although it does have some downloads.

I really want to be able to complete this challenge but it seems like Sims just can't (consistently) work at a mausoleum although they don't have these problems outside Life States Dynasties, for example it worked fine in the Take This Job and Score It tournament challenge.

Is there anything else I can try (besides starting anew in Sunset Valley with no extras/ downloads whatsoever)?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #2117 on: July 30, 2013, 04:50:11 PM »
I actually had trouble with this in that challenge, making a second career outfit fixed it for me, can you do that with a teen? I seem to recall not being able to in the past.

I also had to use a stylist station to get it to work for me although for some people I read that it worked with just a dresser. Not sure of the rules for stylist stations in this dynasty though as I haven't tried it.

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2118 on: July 30, 2013, 04:57:27 PM »
Heirs can't use the styling station until all their requirements are done, and I don't know if the Team would make an exception to fix that bug.

There is a career outfit tab in the dresser for teens (and children, for some reason), so maybe teens can make a second outfit. I've never tried making a new career outfit for a teen, but it's worth a shot.

Offline butterfly

• Immortal
« Reply #2119 on: August 02, 2013, 06:20:26 PM »
I'm sorry if this has been asked before but, can I age up spares earlier so they can move out and provide space for further generations?
My TS3 Dynasty: Avilla TDD

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #2120 on: August 02, 2013, 06:23:02 PM »
I'm sorry if this has been asked before but, can I age up spares earlier so they can move out and provide space for further generations?

Yes, spares can be aged up early.

Offline butterfly

• Immortal
« Reply #2121 on: August 02, 2013, 06:24:27 PM »
Whoa! That was a very quick answer! Thanks a lot! I'm now off to create my founder :)
My TS3 Dynasty: Avilla TDD

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Tandrael

• Townie
« Reply #2122 on: August 02, 2013, 10:37:51 PM »
It might happen to everybody but the more I play the more questions I come up with!

First the most obvious one, but the more I read the more confused I get, basically: what exactly is "adding a heir"? Since the heir is chosen and not necessarily the first born, can my Sim get married and start having babies before the 7 requirements are met?

It says that to age up a toddler they need to be best friends with both parents and level 3 in two skills, what about walk, talk and potty?

I understand the cake can only be used once and then people use an elixir? Is that allowed, did I understand that correctly?

When a child grows up being in the honor roll the teenage will still be in the honor roll, does that count as "get in the honor roll" as a teen?

One of the requirements are two career/profession placeable object, but then I read that alchemy only has the philosopher's stone, can the gardening and/or fishing certificate count, since those are needed for alchemy?

Sorry for asking so many questions but they say that it's better to be sure than sorry... or something like that  ;)

ĄPura vida!

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2123 on: August 02, 2013, 10:48:24 PM »
It's better to ask a ton of questions than to ask none and unknowingly fail. :)

First the most obvious one, but the more I read the more confused I get, basically: what exactly is "adding a heir"? Since the heir is chosen and not necessarily the first born, can my Sim get married and start having babies before the 7 requirements are met?

Absolutely not. The first-born child to your sim could be the heir if they're of a different life state, after all. Trying for baby is the reward gained by finishing requirements, so no exceptions.

It says that to age up a toddler they need to be best friends with both parents and level 3 in two skills, what about walk, talk and potty?

They don't need to learn how to walk, talk, or potty.

I understand the cake can only be used once and then people use an elixir? Is that allowed, did I understand that correctly?

I'm not quite understanding this question. :(

When a child grows up being in the honor roll the teenage will still be in the honor roll, does that count as "get in the honor roll" as a teen?

The honor roll resets upon aging up.

One of the requirements are two career/profession placeable object, but then I read that alchemy only has the philosopher's stone, can the gardening and/or fishing certificate count, since those are needed for alchemy?

The Philosopher's Stone is not a career reward, as you don't need to be employed as an alchemist to complete the Alchemic Mastery op that provides the Stone. The gardening and fishing certificates don't count for alchemy self-employment either. Being a self-employed alchemist isn't a viable way to get any career rewards, I'm afraid.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #2124 on: August 02, 2013, 11:05:51 PM »

This is incorrect. You may have surmised it from a story or something, but any means of ageing, whether cake, elixir, or natural, are allowed as long as the requirements have been completed.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #2125 on: August 03, 2013, 01:56:32 AM »
In addition to what Rosa said, I believe that cakes have a 1 day cooldown, and so in order to boot spares out earlier, people will cake them up, and then use the age of instant elixir as well. But this is only for spares.

Offline Tandrael

• Townie
« Reply #2126 on: August 03, 2013, 02:59:51 AM »
Thank you all so much!

I haven't "caked up" my sims so frequently and I think I read somewhere that could only be done once in a Sim's life...

As for Alchemy, even if the Sim has the "alchemy artisan" LTW, it is not a good idea make him self employed in alchemy as well... better just leave his LFW for later, since it's not even a requirement!
ĄPura vida!

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #2127 on: August 03, 2013, 08:17:12 AM »
Thank you all so much!

I haven't "caked up" my sims so frequently and I think I read somewhere that could only be done once in a Sim's life...

As for Alchemy, even if the Sim has the "alchemy artisan" LTW, it is not a good idea make him self employed in alchemy as well... better just leave his LFW for later, since it's not even a requirement!

That may have been challenge rules where you read that. I vaguely recall a challenge where that was the case. But it's not game mechanics.

Actually, the Alchemy Artisan LTW is a good one for the Life States Dynasty. It means you'll probably get the 5000+ wish to Master Alchemy, and completing it means completing a skill challenge as well. But the Alchemist career is not a good choice for your career rewards, no. However the LTW and the career are not inherently connected.

A note about the Alchemist career--I wasn't planning on using it as it doesn't provide rewards, however my alchemist had a wish to join it and I'm glad she did. The Alchemist career is quick and easy to max as you can consign any elixirs, not just the ones you make yourself. I once, with a decent amount of money, mastered the career in a single day and made a lot of cash as well. The bonus is that reaching the top of the career provided another 5000 point wish. So I recommend doing it before you start the reward career as it can be done quickly.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #2128 on: August 03, 2013, 03:35:28 PM »
So, advice please.

My IP household is currently not receiving any mail, because the mail carrier does not arrive. I do not have the No Bills Ever LTR, but they are not receiving bills (at least no notices of repossession, though!), which I can live with. However, this also means the heir is not receiving the last book of her museum collection (nor any of the subsequent books). Metals sent to smelt aren't arriving either.

The newspaper kid also isn't arriving.

Last time I had this issue, I wound up resetting the whole town. Mail and paper arrived promptly at 3pm. I've now gone 2 sim weeks without mail, despite resetting the town (usually, I find a townie buried up to their necks in a sidewalk).

Edit: Ok, so after clearing caches and restarting, and resetting again, it didn't work. I decided to do a save as to tinker around, but this save as file is working. Go figure.

Edit 2: Well, nevermind. That worked for a whole two days. Now I'm back to no mail and no paper. Clearing caches, factory reset, resetting the town, nothing works. I've given up.

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2129 on: August 04, 2013, 07:50:58 AM »
They can't be redesignated as residential lots; only as a big park, hangout, beach, cat park, or dog park, as per the rules.

anything