Author Topic: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge  (Read 906994 times)

Offline rokrchik

• Townie
Re: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #2190 on: September 25, 2013, 05:20:45 PM »
Hello,

It has just been brought to my attention that I may have accidentally messed up my Life States Dynasty. The founder wanted to free the genie and she did, the genie became part of the house and then later married the generation 2 heir. I was told since the spouse didn't free him, it might not count. If that's true, can I save my story by having her marry someone new and producing a "new" heir?

Thanks,
Kerry

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2191 on: September 25, 2013, 05:35:43 PM »
The only people permitted to move in to the dynasty house are spouses and they have to be brought in by the person who they eventually marry. So,while you may continue to play your game file it would not be eligible for the hall of fame. So sorry  :'(

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline rokrchik

• Townie
« Reply #2192 on: September 25, 2013, 05:42:26 PM »
The only people permitted to move in to the dynasty house are spouses and they have to be brought in by the person who they eventually marry. So,while you may continue to play your game file it would not be eligible for the hall of fame. So sorry  :'(

Rachel

Ergh.... so if she broke up with the genie and remarried a new spouse and I started gen #3 over, it would still be ineligible?

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #2193 on: September 25, 2013, 05:43:46 PM »
@Kerry:

Yes still ineligible, sorry.  The rule was broken the minute you added the genie to your household using your founder.  You cannot add anyone to your household other than potential spouse, heirs, and spares.  And the heir must be YA and it has to be the heir that invites them in, your potential spouse.   

Offline rokrchik

• Townie
« Reply #2194 on: September 25, 2013, 05:51:33 PM »
@Kerry:

Yes still ineligible, sorry.  The rule was broken the minute you added the genie to your household using your founder.  You cannot add anyone to your household other than potential spouse, heirs, and spares.  And the heir must be YA and it has to be the heir that invites them in, your potential spouse.

Alright, thank you :)

Offline FireRaye93

• Townie
  • I am burdened with glorious plumbobs.
« Reply #2195 on: September 27, 2013, 08:20:19 AM »
Yes, all life state changing elixirs are banned, including zombification.

Well dang. I thought regular zombification was okay since it's only temporary.

Looks like I failed. Oh well, the game was getting glitchy anyway.
Sometimes a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.

Offline Jamie

• Occult
« Reply #2196 on: September 28, 2013, 04:17:14 PM »
My game has been stuck on the saving screen for probably close to 30 minutes now. I don't think the game is frozen because the circle in the middle is still moving and I can still move the mouse but I don't want to try to exit because I think that'd be considered exiting without saving. Is there anything I can do and still be HOF eligible?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline CodyAlex

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2197 on: September 28, 2013, 04:19:05 PM »
My game has been stuck on the saving screen for probably close to 30 minutes now. I don't think the game is frozen because the circle in the middle is still moving and I can still move the mouse but I don't want to try to exit because I think that'd be considered exiting without saving. Is there anything I can do and still be HOF eligible?
wait... You can't exit without saving?

Offline Jamie

• Occult
« Reply #2198 on: September 28, 2013, 04:22:28 PM »
wait... You can't exit without saving?
No. It's considered cheating.

Offline CodyAlex

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2199 on: September 28, 2013, 04:24:26 PM »
No. It's considered cheating.
Yaay. I get to scrap my Townie-Decadynasty and my 4x4 challenge D:

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #2200 on: September 28, 2013, 04:51:11 PM »

Jamie, can you minimize your game and check the sims3 saves folder to see if the file has been saved?   

Offline Jamie

• Occult
« Reply #2201 on: September 28, 2013, 04:54:40 PM »
Yes, it has been saved.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #2202 on: September 28, 2013, 05:03:26 PM »
Yes, it has been saved.

So you can exit the game.   :)

Offline Jamie

• Occult
« Reply #2203 on: September 28, 2013, 05:09:47 PM »
Great, thanks for the help!

Edit: Sorry if this is a stupid question. The mermadic kelp isn't considered to be like a life state changing elixir, is it? I could buy it with LTHP to change a spouse into a mermaid for the next generation?

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #2204 on: September 28, 2013, 05:44:29 PM »
Edit: Sorry if this is a stupid question. The mermadic kelp isn't considered to be like a life state changing elixir, is it? I could buy it with LTHP to change a spouse into a mermaid for the next generation?

Sorry I can't give you an answer right now, the team needs to discuss this.  Can you hold off on the mermadic kelp thing?  Don't want you to be disqualified if the team decides you can't use it.  We will get you an answer as soon as we all decide on what to do.