Author Topic: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge  (Read 907054 times)

Offline GoslettM

• Townie
  • Call me Marisha
Re: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #2220 on: October 01, 2013, 03:02:44 PM »
GoslettM-

Don't delete your dynasty yet.  Let me check with the team first, will let you know as soon as we have a decision.

Thanks Nutella, but if the team do agree that I had failed that is ok with me really I should have asked first so no hard feelings at all.  ;)

Marisha

Offline Blackrosea

• Immortal
« Reply #2221 on: October 01, 2013, 03:28:32 PM »
Why I like to use the styling station in the beginning of each stage is because I can access the clothing and the hair at the same time, so it’s one action and not go to the dresser and then to the mirror.

So this means I’d failed right, I hope not but I should have asked first I know, lesson learnt the hard way.  :'(  Oh and also can this be added to the “setting up your file + general rules” on the first page because I couldn’t find it there!   

Hi GoslettM. I was wondering if you had Showtime or Supernatural? Both expansions give you a dresser with a mirror in one which will not affect your age in any way.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline GoslettM

• Townie
  • Call me Marisha
« Reply #2222 on: October 01, 2013, 03:44:51 PM »
Hi GoslettM. I was wondering if you had Showtime or Supernatural? Both expansions give you a dresser with a mirror in one which will not affect your age in any way.

Hi Blackrosea, yes I have both.   I really didn’t know that, going to look for it right now! Thanks!  ;D

Offline Blackrosea

• Immortal
« Reply #2223 on: October 01, 2013, 03:49:10 PM »
Hi Blackrosea, yes I have both.   I really didn’t know that, going to look for it right now! Thanks!  ;D

No problem GoslettM :)  We are discussing your dynasty and will let you know soon our decision.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2224 on: October 01, 2013, 04:12:42 PM »
@GoslettM — I just had a little pow wow with Blackrosea and Nutella (ratchie was unavailable) and we agreed that a restart is necessary. I am sorry. But good luck in your next effort.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #2225 on: October 01, 2013, 04:17:16 PM »
The mermadic kelp isn't considered to be like a life state changing elixir, is it? I could buy it with LTHP to change a spouse into a mermaid for the next generation?

Jamie-

The team has decided that mermadic kelp can be used, but only if you obtain it by befriending a mermaid.  The lifetime happiness reward purchase of mermadic kelp will be banned.

Offline GoslettM

• Townie
  • Call me Marisha
« Reply #2226 on: October 01, 2013, 04:32:31 PM »
@GoslettM — I just had a little pow wow with Blackrosea and Nutella (ratchie was unavailable) and we agreed that a restart is necessary. I am sorry. But good luck in your next effort.

Hi Metropolis Man, Nutella and Blackrosea, thanks for the quick reply.  No problem will ask next time, lesson learnt the hard way!  ;)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Jamie

• Occult
« Reply #2227 on: October 01, 2013, 05:04:57 PM »
Thanks for the reply! Does that mean if we want to use the mermaid life state we have to be in Isla Paradiso or can it be used in other towns as well?

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #2228 on: October 01, 2013, 05:17:27 PM »
Mermaids spawn in every town whether you like it or not, so you're not limited to Isla Paradiso if you want a mermaid.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Blackrosea

• Immortal
« Reply #2229 on: October 01, 2013, 05:35:43 PM »
Mermaids spawn in every town whether you like it or not, so you're not limited to Isla Paradiso if you want a mermaid.

I think you do need the Island Paradise expansion though for the mermaids to spawn.

Please remember, the person befriending the mermaid must be the one to use the mermadic kelp. It can not be placed in another household members inventory to be used by them.

Offline Jamie

• Occult
« Reply #2230 on: October 01, 2013, 09:14:18 PM »
I do have Island Paradise and I know that there will be mermaids in each town but I'm not really clear on how you get the kelp from a mermaid. Can it be done in Sunset Valley, for example? Do you need the dive lots or anything that's only available in the town of Isla Paradiso?

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #2231 on: October 01, 2013, 09:36:01 PM »
I do have Island Paradise and I know that there will be mermaids in each town but I'm not really clear on how you get the kelp from a mermaid. Can it be done in Sunset Valley, for example? Do you need the dive lots or anything that's only available in the town of Isla Paradiso?

Yes it can be done in any towns that have mermaids.  Our forum has a really good guide on Island Paradise and mermaids if you are interested in learning more.
http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/islandparadise/

Offline CodyAlex

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2232 on: October 02, 2013, 02:35:00 PM »
Can the starting sim be any life state? Thanks :-)

Offline Jamie

• Occult
« Reply #2233 on: October 02, 2013, 02:36:06 PM »
Oh. Duh! I didn't even think to check the guide. Thanks  ;)

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #2234 on: October 02, 2013, 02:51:04 PM »
Can the starting sim be any life state? Thanks :-)

Yes, any life state in create a sim.
Rule:  Create a Young Adult Sim of any life state in Create-a-Sim

anything