Author Topic: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge  (Read 908348 times)

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
Re: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #2265 on: October 31, 2013, 10:17:26 AM »
Sorry to hear that things weren't going well, but good luck with the new attempt. :)

As for the wishes to move in with someone your sim already moved in, I get them all the time. It's one of the game's quirks, I guess.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline maisie

• Occult
« Reply #2266 on: November 01, 2013, 07:31:25 AM »
I have a problem with my dynasty, too.
Generation 4 has nearly done all of her requirements when I realised today that I may have a mailing bug:
I can pay my bills but I don't get any mail (including skill certificates). Is there any possibility to fix it?
It's my second try after Gemma and all went well so far.  :-\

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline FireRaye93

• Townie
  • I am burdened with glorious plumbobs.
« Reply #2267 on: November 01, 2013, 10:34:22 AM »
@maisie

You could try clearing you caches. That tends to fix a lot of problems, so I'd try that first.

If that doesn't work, you can try going into edit town, evict your family and then move them back in (you'll need permission from the challenge team).

If THAT doesn't work, the team may give you permission to go back to a previous save.

Another solution you may want to try is replacing the mailbox, but that would also require permission as you have to go into 'buydebug' to do that.
Sometimes a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.

Offline maisie

• Occult
« Reply #2268 on: November 02, 2013, 12:33:18 PM »
@maisie

You could try clearing you caches. That tends to fix a lot of problems, so I'd try that first.

If that doesn't work, you can try going into edit town, evict your family and then move them back in (you'll need permission from the challenge team).

If THAT doesn't work, the team may give you permission to go back to a previous save.

Another solution you may want to try is replacing the mailbox, but that would also require permission as you have to go into 'buydebug' to do that.

I've cleared my caches but that sadly didn't solve the problem.  :(

So, I would like to ask for permission to evict my family and then move them back.

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #2269 on: November 03, 2013, 10:25:41 AM »
Hi, guys, so quick strategy question. How feasible is it to supermax both painting and sculpting in one normal lifespan with only the artistic trait? I've never had sculpting before so I'm curious.

Offline Jamie

• Occult
« Reply #2270 on: November 03, 2013, 11:36:53 AM »
Hi, guys, so quick strategy question. How feasible is it to supermax both painting and sculpting in one normal lifespan with only the artistic trait? I've never had sculpting before so I'm curious.

It's definitely possible, but very difficult. Especially without the savvy sculptor trait. Make sure you have plenty of coffee.  ;)

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2271 on: November 03, 2013, 11:44:26 AM »
What life state is the sim in question? It would be difficult with a human or witch or ghost, but much easier with a fairy or a vampire.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #2272 on: November 03, 2013, 12:00:46 PM »
The sim's an alien, so a human lifespan here. She's doing well with painting atm, I'm just trying to see what would be a good supplement.

Offline Jamie

• Occult
« Reply #2273 on: November 03, 2013, 12:04:47 PM »
The sim's an alien, so a human lifespan here. She's doing well with painting atm, I'm just trying to see what would be a good supplement.
Has anyone done the consignment challenges?

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #2274 on: November 03, 2013, 12:06:49 PM »
Her dad has completed the consignment challenges but they didn't count towards his skill challenges (fishing and collecting). I'm pretty sure that fact means I can't count the consignment challenges for her.

Offline Jamie

• Occult
« Reply #2275 on: November 03, 2013, 12:08:40 PM »
Her dad has completed the consignment challenges but they didn't count towards his skill challenges (fishing and collecting). I'm pretty sure that fact means I can't count the consignment challenges for her.

Right. What other traits does your sim have?

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2276 on: November 03, 2013, 12:21:13 PM »
About the consignment challenges, if her dad was an heir, she can't complete them and have them count towards her requirements. Unique means totally unique. If he was just a spouse, then she can use the consignment challenges for her unique skill challenges.

Since she is an alien, that means she doesn't have to sleep, right? Subtracting sleep from the equation makes it much more doable.

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #2277 on: November 03, 2013, 12:28:48 PM »
Yeah, her dad was the heir so counting consignment is out. She only needs a few hours recharge every few days if she isn't running around all the place.

Her full traits are: Rebellious, Loves the Outdoors, Good, Night Owl, Artistic

It's not urgent that I find her something. I just aged her sisters and her up to YA. One of her sisters also fulfilled all the under YA requirements and is well on her way too. I'm just trying to decide which set of skills I'd rather spend my time on: Charisma and Guitar or Painting and [insert].

Offline Jamie

• Occult
« Reply #2278 on: November 03, 2013, 01:04:56 PM »
Well now that you mention that she doesn't need much sleep, I think sculpting is definitely doable. Plus, it has 4 skill challenges so you can choose any 3 you want. (If you're doing all 3 painting challenges.) I'd recommend not doing the Ice Sculpture one. I think it takes the longest and if you do the others in the right order, you can get them done pretty easily and efficiently. I think Carl talked about a good strategy in the sculpting guide.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #2279 on: November 03, 2013, 04:05:43 PM »
If you're doing 3 of the sculpting, I'd recommend the Chiselmeister, Master Sculptor, and Prolific Sculptor. Do 5 of the clay, then wood, then metal (make sure a shower is on hand!), then ice, wood, stone, and topiary. In the course of doing so, you'll complete Chiselmeister, then Master Sculptor, and then Prolific Sculptor by the end.