Author Topic: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge  (Read 906872 times)

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
Re: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #2295 on: November 11, 2013, 03:36:48 PM »
I'm pretty sure a time machine kid means "game over" because it's adding to the household outside of the allowed ways.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #2296 on: November 11, 2013, 04:10:02 PM »
I thought the time kid was ok, so long as it wasn't the heir slot they took up.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2297 on: November 13, 2013, 04:24:43 PM »
Time kids are allowed so long as they arrive after the heir has arrived.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Margerita

• Immortal
« Reply #2298 on: November 19, 2013, 05:54:26 PM »
New 5k wish to add to the list, having 2000 followers for your blog is worth 5750 for my ambitious sim, it is probably worth 5k without the ambitious trait as well.

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #2299 on: November 25, 2013, 03:54:06 PM »
I decided to have a go at this, not sure if I'll get very far but I just moved in spouse number 1, and I looked through the rules and it mentions no life state changing elixirs but what about cure elixir for the spouse and any spares once the heir is born?

As I said I don't know how far this will go but I had an issue when building, it wouldn't return to live mode, I could switch between build and buy and carry on building okay but I couldn't get out of it or save, but I could go into edit town and so I managed to save there then exit and reload and since then it's been okay, just assuming this attempt gets somewhere have I invalidated HoF already by going into edit town?

Offline Elena

• Townie
« Reply #2300 on: November 25, 2013, 04:12:59 PM »
Sorry to bother the challenge team again, but I have a question that was half answered previously but I still don't feel too clear about:
I know now that I can age up the heir (baby state) on actual birthday, but does that mean once it is 'days to age up: 0' at 12am I am allowed to use the cake, or do I must wait till 7am, when the message pops up to tell you this is someone's birthday and blah blah?
It does make a difference to toddler training and child tutoring to A, so I'd like to make sure of it. Thanks in advance.

P. S. to Turoskel: I think Edit Town is not allowed after entering live mode, but I used to experience unable to save after build in other seasons than summer, have you tried a brand new town with weather off and is that still the same? 

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2301 on: November 25, 2013, 05:40:37 PM »
@Turoskel: No potent cure elixirs either, for anyone. If you want your spouses/spares to no longer be supernatural, get them to forsake their powers.

@Elena: You don't have to wait for the message. It just has to be their actual birthday.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #2302 on: November 25, 2013, 05:59:46 PM »
Okay thanks Trip, still having issues with this file though as my sim answers the phone and then tells them to get lost and hangs up, I'm guessing it's ITF's fault but it's a pain as she is getting no op's for writing yet before this game she was getting them for logic ::)

Elena, this is my second go as I removed seasons because even though I set it to perma summer she was frying in the heat in my last one, you cannot save in build mode only live mode or edit town, which is why when it wouldn't go back to live mode I tried edit town.

But experience tells me getting it all right first or even second time isn't very likely so with the way it's going at the moment I can see I shall be starting over again. Shame to lose the house though, rebuilding is the thing I hate most about starting over, plus she rolled pretty good traits  :(

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2303 on: November 25, 2013, 06:16:06 PM »
You can still use the same founder, and you can't re-roll traits anyways. So don't give up!

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #2304 on: November 25, 2013, 06:23:26 PM »
Oh did I misunderstand that then? I thought I could use her but had to reroll traits again, really shouldn't read things when I'm tired I tend to read stuff wrong.

If I fail an attempt can I use the same founder but change the LTW?
 -- No.  If you want to use the same founder, you need keep everything the exact same as the original attempt.   A founder/heir's Lifetime Wish isn't a requirement.

Can I use an heir from my previous attempt as the founder of a new one?
 -- Yes.   As long as all traits were already rolled randomly in game, you can use an heir from a previous attempt.

Ah I see I confused those two in my mind and only remembered the rolled randomly part, well then I'll probably start over and see if her phone problems resolve themselves, I really don't want to remove ITF unless I have to.

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #2305 on: November 27, 2013, 03:27:43 AM »
I think that file was just glitched, started a new one and within a day of learning the writing skill she got an op to write a biography, so fingers crossed it will work this time.

It wasn't just the heat, I found towards the end of my Immortal dynasty when the file got bigger and laggier snow made it lag dreadfully, if I even saw one flake a sim would be sent to use the climatron unit and set it to sunny, I Just decided for this game I wouldn't really miss that ep if it wasn't there, I miss the furniture though  :D Also removed Uni and pets, those three ep's gave me the most aggro in my Immortal dynasty, and I didn't want the hassles they caused me.

Build/Buy is working fine now too, spent about 3 hours last night just building her house, I swore I wouldn't go too fancy but that lasted about five minutes  ::)

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #2306 on: November 28, 2013, 03:52:18 AM »
I'm having a bit of a dilemma at the moment and I just can't decide what to do about it, my future spouse has turned into a mermaid, I was really hoping for something else but I'm also thinking it is an allowed occult should I just go with it, thing is I'm in Riverview, key word there being river not ocean so mermaids aren't exactly the best occult to have to take care of for six generations, to the best of my knowledge and more logically the river is freshwater judging by how fast it fills a mermaids hydration.

Now I know in a few days he will no longer be a mermaid as this is what happens and if I'm lucky he will get a different occult or just human would do, so what would you do in my situation, wait or go with the mermaid?

Also I was reading the hints and tips thread and I saw mention of getting sims bitten, so saying he loses his mermaid occult and goes back to human am I allowed to move him in then get him bitten to make him a different occult myself?

EDIT: Okay well this has all just become a moot point as it appears in my half asleep state last night I thought I had saved before I quit yet when I just loaded my last save it was from the day before  ::)

Time to start again then and this time I'm not building a house until I'm sure it's going somewhere, but I would still like to know about the biting question though.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #2307 on: November 28, 2013, 09:12:47 AM »
I don't know about the biting, but I do know mermaid loses their occult status if they don't swim.  They get this moodlet call adapting to land and if you don't let them swim for 2 days they will become human.  I'm interested to know more about the biting thing too.

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #2308 on: November 28, 2013, 09:35:59 AM »
Thought I'd go back and find that post by Rica. Original here

Witch or Human.  That way a human child won't ever be the heir further down the line or a witch because they are one of the few that you can't get turned into.  Whereas if you find a human lover later, they can be bitten to become a werewolf or vampire.  They can tour the arboretum and possibly become a fairy.

It's unclear if that is a case of bitten without your intervention or bitten with it, do townie sims autonomously bite other sims anyway?

Edit: also I saw in the Townie dynasty thread that ITF ops are allowed, does this apply to all dynasty's? I'd like to keep it installed but my sim started refusing calls again, it might help when that happens.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #2309 on: November 28, 2013, 09:47:24 AM »
Oh I thought you meant mermaids can be bitten.  :-[  I have never seen townie sims bite other sims autonomously, but the game will randomly pick sims and change them into whatever occult the games feels like.  It would have to be a case of bitten with your intervention.

Metro has gave me the green lights to ITF opps for 4x4 dynasty, and I'm pretty sure it applies to all dynasty.  ITF opps occupy one of the 3 main slots, just make sure the opps are unique to your sim if you are counting them.

anything