Author Topic: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge  (Read 897576 times)

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #2325 on: December 05, 2013, 04:03:47 AM »
It just occurred to me that there is this ruling about mermaids because they automatically get level 10 scuba diving.

Mermaids are not allowed to count scuba diving skill challenges.

When I tried out ITF and Dallas got abducted the alien son he had automatically got level 10 advanced tech when he aged up, I think it was teen, might have been child though. Would the same ruling then apply for aliens and advanced tech challenges if you have ITF?

I'm not actually playing with seasons at the moment but I thought that maybe it was something worth bringing to the teams attention incase the rules need amending for aliens.

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #2326 on: December 05, 2013, 12:27:36 PM »
I just noticed my heirs young adult trait didn't stick when he aged up, I know he rolled charismatic but what should I do leave it blank, use testing cheats/mid life crisis to assign it or use testing cheats/mid life crisis and reroll it?

I'm not using university so no brain enhancing machine to assign it with.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2327 on: December 05, 2013, 12:56:54 PM »
I just noticed my heirs young adult trait didn't stick when he aged up, I know he rolled charismatic but what should I do leave it blank, use testing cheats/mid life crisis to assign it or use testing cheats/mid life crisis and reroll it?

I'm not using university so no brain enhancing machine to assign it with.

testingcheats > shiftclick on the heir to change traits and give him charismatic.

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #2329 on: December 06, 2013, 03:02:18 PM »
Quick question, I gather from the rules that it doesn't matter if a spouse already has children outside the home for this dynasty (going by the Gunther Goth example in the rules) Is this correct? I was at a party and so was elderly vampire Angel Lobos so I threw a fountain of youth at him then thought he has two kids is he even eligible as a future spouse ???

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #2330 on: December 06, 2013, 03:04:38 PM »
Spouses can have kids from previous relationships.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #2331 on: December 06, 2013, 03:18:31 PM »
Great, thanks Trip, might not even use him but it's good to know if I have a girl heir, no shortage of vampire ladies in town but he's the only original male vamp left. If I had realised it would turn most of the teens into witches, werewolves and fairies I might have gone for a vampire first  ::) Got to keep that pudding face away as long as possible  :P

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline enderkay

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2332 on: December 07, 2013, 06:21:32 AM »
So Gen 3 just had triplets, which would normally be fine except it takes everyone far too long to do anything involving them.

Examples:

• Baby El's (Gen 4) hunger meter is declining but not yet in the yellow or red, so I send Great-grandpa over to feed her. Great-gramps (Gen 1) spends 30 minutes just standing in front of the crib, then just stands there holding her for another 30 minutes before finally giving her a bottle. By this time, her hunger meter has gone into the red and she's screaming angrily.
  • Baby Em's social and bladder meters are about halfway down, so I send Daddy (Gen 3's husband) over to snuggle and play with him for a while until he needs his diaper changed. Just like with Baby El, it takes Dad about an hour to do even one action, so by the time he's snuggled with Baby Em once and has just started to play with him, Baby El has soiled himself and is stinking up the room.
  • Birthday! Babies El, Em, and En are aging up to toddlers. Grandpa (Gen 2) goes to take El out of her crib, but stands there for half an hour doing nothing. Finally picks up El, holds her for about 20 minutes, then puts her down. Baby El ages up. Rinse and repeat for Babies Em and En. Toddler En is now a day younger than his siblings because it took so long to get through the birthdays that he was aged up after midnight.
  • Toddler En's bladder meter is about halfway declined, so I send Mommy over to potty train him. Mom stands in front of him for an hour, during which he ends up wetting himself and now is pretty close to starving. It takes another hour for her to change his diaper, and now he's screaming in hunger. Another half hour to feed him. Another hour to pick him back up and take him to his crib because he's exhausted.

Their mother's labor was strangely drawn out too, but I didn't think much of it while it was happening.

This problem is limited to anything having to do with the babies and doesn't seem to affect normal life, although everything takes so darn long that all of the adults are basically confined to the nursery with the kids, so it's entirely possible it's a blanket problem that I just haven't noticed. I didn't have any of these problems with the mother and her twin brother, nor with their father before them, so it's a new development. The only thing that changed in between Mom's nooboo-hood and these kids is that I installed the most recent patch. I have no mods or custom content, and I have all expansions except for Into the Future (which I have but don't want to install because of the problems with the opps).

Any suggestions? Is there a fix, or should I age up the two brothers and just keep struggling with the heir alone? Or can I go back to a save during or before Mom's pregnancy? This is Gen 4 and I'd hate to have to abandon this attempt now, but it's making it impossible to do ANYTHING with any of the adults. :-\

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #2333 on: December 07, 2013, 07:08:17 AM »
Firstly do you have Lunar Lakes and the Tree Of Prosperity installed? It has been causing this kind of slow motion bug since the last patch and if so could be the source of your problem.

Crinrict has a blog post about it here:
http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2013/11/sims-in-slow-motion.html

Simplest solution is to uninstall the tree, if you don't have it then I'm not sure what could be causing the lag unless some other object is firing an alarm as mentioned in Crinricts blog.

Offline Jamie

• Occult
« Reply #2334 on: December 07, 2013, 06:37:32 PM »
I'm assuming you can create a pet with your founder like in other dynasties, but I just want to be sure. Is this allowed?

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2335 on: December 07, 2013, 07:18:54 PM »
Yep. Even considering the strict rules the Life States Dynasty has for moving sims in and out, it doesn't apply to pets. So create pets with your sim, or adopt them later, or kick them out when you get tired of them!

Offline Jamie

• Occult
« Reply #2336 on: December 07, 2013, 08:04:38 PM »
Thanks, Trip! Also, are we allowed to pick their traits or are they supposed to be randomized too?

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2337 on: December 07, 2013, 08:18:34 PM »
You can pick pet traits when you create them:

Go ahead and choose your pet's traits.  For this challenge it's mostly the heirs who have restrictions so that shouldn't be a problem.

Offline enderkay

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2338 on: December 07, 2013, 10:57:21 PM »
Firstly do you have Lunar Lakes and the Tree Of Prosperity installed? It has been causing this kind of slow motion bug since the last patch and if so could be the source of your problem.

Crinrict has a blog post about it here:
http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2013/11/sims-in-slow-motion.html

Simplest solution is to uninstall the tree, if you don't have it then I'm not sure what could be causing the lag unless some other object is firing an alarm as mentioned in Crinricts blog.
Thanks! I'll try it and see if that works.

EDIT: I guess you can't uninstall the tree separately? I couldn't find it in the list (and I went over it like six times) so I ended up just uninstalling Lunar Lakes, which is sad because I liked some of those items. :(

Loading up that save now to see how it runs.

EDIT 2: Yay!! Everything seems to be running smoothly now. :) Now I just need to make up for all the glitchy lost time and get my baby learning some skills!

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #2339 on: December 08, 2013, 02:48:19 PM »
Is a spare allowed to change lifetime wish?
It seems the rule allows it, but I'd like to be safe on that.

Yes.