Author Topic: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge  (Read 906267 times)

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #2670 on: August 25, 2014, 01:18:19 PM »
I'm sorry, Miss Zoef. I cannot get the one last photo for Shutternut, Garden Decorations, to register. I've tried three plants in eight different combinations. May I continue withou it?

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #2671 on: August 25, 2014, 01:33:55 PM »
Garden decorations -- use outdoor decor, not plants.  I normally use the pink bird found in buy mode, forgot the exact name.  A garden gnome will work too.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #2672 on: August 25, 2014, 02:52:33 PM »
No, it's not that one. It's the one that requires three plants, I believe in Home Decor?

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #2673 on: August 25, 2014, 03:45:24 PM »
Garden Decorations is under the Still Life collection, and is the flamingo or a garden gnome or something.

There's no other with that name.

If you're meaning Flowers, you have to use potted flowers from the Home Decor > Plants. So anything in a vase won't count. There should be one, base game I believe, that looks like a short squat barrel with pink flowers.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #2674 on: August 25, 2014, 04:51:52 PM »
Are you talking about Sculpture Garden?  That one requires 3 topiaries, the sculpting level 10 topiaries that you sculpt. 

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #2675 on: August 25, 2014, 06:02:22 PM »
No... I'll look on the guide.

EDIT: It's a nice garden. I looked for other tips but all I got was to just look outside. It's autumn though and all I get is autumn leaves.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #2676 on: August 25, 2014, 07:03:33 PM »
Try community gardens, try going to neighbors' gardens. It can be difficult, certainly, but it is doable (for me, it's usually among the first I complete). Try even going to rabbitholes for some of the gardens.

Sims Wiki notes it requires three plants. Try a combo of three from build mode, and 3 from buy mode. You must make sure the plants from build mode can't do double duty (hydrangea, white roses, red roses, sunflowers) for another shot. You may also want to change the distance and/or angle at which you shoot.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #2677 on: August 25, 2014, 08:32:01 PM »
Try going on a vacation and take picture of a garden in the community lot or some random houses garden.  Seasons doesn't affect vacation, hence you won't be getting "autumn leaves". :)

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #2678 on: August 25, 2014, 10:22:53 PM »
This file will not travel anymore. I have a major free vacation bug that causes my first two parents to be constantly in "on vacation" mode. Thank goodness I have nectar making stuff! I've tried buy mode and build mode plants. I've tried the seasonal park. Everything is "autumn leaves".

This is so annoying.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #2679 on: August 25, 2014, 11:21:08 PM »
This is the reason why "seasons" is my least favorite expansion pack.  There is literally nothing you can do now, since you can't travel, I suppose we could let it slide and let you count a nice garden for shutternut.

And yes, I do have the same problem like you.  Autumn leaves keep showing up everywhere, instead of nice garden.  And in the summer, i cannot capture "refreshing swim" but keep getting "fun in the sun".  So annoying, so I had to travel to solve the photo issues with seasons.

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #2680 on: August 26, 2014, 09:56:32 AM »
I'd really love to get rid of seasons, but I have to finish first. And not being able to travel, it's the only glitch I've ever gotten with free vacation. Good thing I already had nectar makers and board breakers!

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #2681 on: August 28, 2014, 01:22:25 PM »
I just completed my life states dynasty, and I have a question. My last heir use a combination of charisma and nectar making skill challenges, and although she had enough without using the Vizard of Vine challenge, it never registered. Only French varietal grapes grown at home in Riverview were used totaling 480 bunches. Is this just the Vizard bug, or do the grapes need to be grown by the nectar maker? I'm asking because I'm planning an Immortal Dynasty and am trying to decide if nectar making is a viable option.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #2682 on: August 28, 2014, 01:33:50 PM »
Most likely a Vizard of Vine bug.  I do know a trick to make it register is that you have to do the harvesting yourself too, also don't travel in between your 480 bunches skill challenge, traveling will reset the counter.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #2683 on: August 28, 2014, 01:58:24 PM »
Thanks! No traveling and as long as the nectar maker harvest without any gardening skill, I should be okay.

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #2684 on: August 28, 2014, 02:48:57 PM »
Good job, Krae!

anything