Author Topic: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge  (Read 906853 times)

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #2715 on: October 16, 2014, 07:20:24 PM »
Oh, that's sad. Ok, back to the drawing board!

Offline mysteriousways143

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2716 on: October 19, 2014, 09:31:18 PM »
Well I failed in Gen 2 teen years  :'(

So I'm going to start over with a completely new founder. Need a few more shots to make the week 1 chapter  before I write and post.

My unsolvable problem was that i kept getting days off of work at the cemetary (maybe I could have pulled it off if I bought Multitasker)

I think maybe the graduations of siblings did me in. I know it made it so the other potential heir couldn't go to the free game for the child opp.

Does a Graduation day automatically give all the family a day off of work?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #2717 on: October 19, 2014, 09:35:04 PM »
Yes, graduation gives everyone a day off from work and school.

Good luck next time.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline mysteriousways143

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2718 on: October 19, 2014, 09:42:15 PM »
Yes, graduation gives everyone a day off from work and school.

Good luck next time.

Thanks Trip that's a big help to know. It also explains why gen 2 heir had to go a second week since they had Monday off of school. Well I know now that it may be best to avoid early aging on spares to avoid that again in the future.

Fingers cross my next nth attempt lol

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #2719 on: October 19, 2014, 09:44:52 PM »
Super early aging up is also possible. One day per age and they graduate when the heir is a toddler.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #2720 on: October 22, 2014, 03:19:56 AM »
Ok then, Gen 1 is a witch who is doing Martial Arts/Athletics/Alchemy, don't ask why, he just is. LOL (His traits included Athletic and Disciplined, and so that pretty much decided his skill challenge focus and he is a witch, and I thought he might as well do alchemy).

He's done two of his 6 Skill Challenges - Master Alchemist (ie Learning all Alchemy Elixirs) and Timber Terminator (150 blocks oak or stronger broken). I think he's going to do the 7 gems from breaking space rocks for his mausoleum pieces. I'm also sending him off to be a firefighter. His wife is the very lovely, if somewhat grumpy Aggie, and I managed to snare her while she was still human.

Questions (because we need 7 life states, there are 7 questions)
1) With regards to the 7 gems from breaking space rocks, do they need to remain in their unpolished/uncut form, or can I cut them using the gem cutting machine? Or doesn't it matter either way?
2) Do they need to be all of the same type of gem, or all different gems or any combination of these two extremes?
3) Once things go into the mausoleum, they can't be used again, can they?
4) Can I at a later time have a descendant make 7 supernatural elixirs (lets say bliss) as their 7 items, or does him reaching level 10 in alchemy prevent anyone else touching alchemy? Similarly with athletics and martial arts?
5) How low can I keep his handiness and still have him reach the levels in the firefighter career needed to get his two career rewards for the mausoleum? I guess I want to know what impact, if any, maxing a skill has on other targeted life states.
6) Due to the expansions I'm playing with, I need to have at least one ghost. I am playing with Base, WA, LN, Amb, Gen, Sup, Uni and ITF. That gives me Ghosts, Vampires, Normal Sims, Imaginary Friends, Fairies, Witches and Werewolves as useable lifestates. Simbots, Plumbots, Mummies and Plantsims can't be heirs, and only plantsims of these latter four lifeatates can be part of the household, I believe.  What advice is there on snaring ghosts, and which Generation would be best to do so? I've never done anything with ghosts before.
7) Gen 7 doesn't need to get married, do they?

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #2721 on: October 22, 2014, 03:56:28 AM »
1) Doesn't matter.
2) Again, either way. Could be anything between the two extremes.
3) No.
4) If he uses the wish to master alchemy, no one else can use that wish. Since there is no certificate, it can't be used, so there is nothing to prevent anyone else from maxing alchemy so long as they don't both use the wish.
5) It's possible to reach the top of the firefighter career without touching handiness. It just depends on how much time you wish to invest.
6) Ghosts tend to be a pain. They're very slow and they scare people, and they can't be locked out of anywhere. I recommend saving them to as late as possible. To add a ghost, I recommend binding a previously existing (from the graveyard) ghost to the household using the Philosopher's Stone. Then marry the ghost.
7) No.

Not sure why you decided to use three skills, athletic and martial arts have plenty of doable challenges between them and they mesh nicely. He has the traits and all. I would have outright saved alchemy for another generation.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #2722 on: October 22, 2014, 01:09:10 PM »
As an alternative method to obtaining a ghost heir, you can have both parents use ghost potions. The heir will be the boring standard grey ghost, if it makes a difference.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #2723 on: October 22, 2014, 01:41:48 PM »
For the firefighter career, I normally don't even have a single skill level in handiness.  Athletic skill + entrepreneur mindset + basil + liquid job booster = Amazing results. :)

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #2724 on: October 22, 2014, 06:26:54 PM »
I had my witch do athletic and martial arts and my mermaid do alchemy. It works either way and if you are trying to supermax alchemy being a witch to learn it faster doesn't help at all they will max it anyway.

But if you are doing 3 skills do every athletic challenge, Timber Terminator, Master Alcgemist, and Alchemist Anonymous. Then you can skip meditation and sparring because they are both nightmares and I recommend against them.

Edited to add: Do ghost last generation if you plan on that. Then you don't have to control them.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #2725 on: October 23, 2014, 01:31:29 AM »
As an alternative method to obtaining a ghost heir, you can have both parents use ghost potions. The heir will be the boring standard grey ghost, if it makes a difference.

I don't remember if there's been a ruling on this--doesn't one of the parents still have to be a different life state?
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline Brooke.

• Oh, burn!
  • Occult
  • No sweeties for you, my little cupcakes.
« Reply #2726 on: October 23, 2014, 06:43:57 AM »

Only one parent can, the other has to be their original life state until the end of the dynasty.
Life State Dynasty: The Blackburns In Monte Vista (Complete)
Domination Dynasty: Down With Lamps: Djinn Takeover (Complete)

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #2727 on: October 23, 2014, 07:11:26 AM »
Hmmmm this version of Sunset Valley has not spawned any supernaturals that I've come across yet. All of the townies I've encountered so far are all their normal forms. No fairy wings, no pale vampire skin, no hairy werewolf females, no one flying around on broomsticks, no sign that there is any kind of supernatural being in game. I'm almost at the end of week 3 in game. I've checked and all the supernaturals I should be able to get are all enabled, story progression is on and so forth. Any thoughts as to why townies are still boring and normal rather than exciting and supernatural?

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #2728 on: October 23, 2014, 07:38:21 AM »
Only one parent can, the other has to be their original life state until the end of the dynasty.

Actually, they both can take the potion because it's temporary.

I don't know what to say to your problem, Dek. :( I've never encountered a town that never, ever produced supernaturals when I had the options selected.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Brooke.

• Oh, burn!
  • Occult
  • No sweeties for you, my little cupcakes.
« Reply #2729 on: October 23, 2014, 07:49:02 AM »
Actually, they both can take the potion because it's temporary.

Ok, thanks for clearing that up. I though being a ghost would count as changing life state for a previous heir.
Life State Dynasty: The Blackburns In Monte Vista (Complete)
Domination Dynasty: Down With Lamps: Djinn Takeover (Complete)