Author Topic: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge  (Read 906813 times)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #345 on: September 27, 2012, 12:00:59 PM »
Does that mean the IF will have to be the last heir, since if it was one of the first all the following generations would also be able to turn into a doll? Also, wouldn't this be a problem if, for example, your vampire heir had a child with his IF-turned-real and the child was a vampire but also had the IF abilities? Would that child count as a 'different' life state? Sorry if this has already been answered but I'm confused :S

IF and human get human child that can turn into doll - that's the heir.
IF and vamp get a human child that can turn into doll - that's the heir.
IF and vamp get a vamp child that can turn into a doll - that's the heir
IF/Vamp hybrid and Genie get vamp/IF child - not the heir.
IF/Vamp hybrid and Genie get a genie child that can turn into the doll - that's the heir.
Genie/IF hybrid and Jelly Bean ghost have human child that can turn into a doll - not the heir.
Genie/IF hybrid and Jelly Bean ghost have ghost child that can turn into a doll - The Heir.
JB Ghost/IF hybrid and Werewolf have two children Were children who also can turn into a doll - Either can be heir/player's choice.

Because it's an overlay, it counts once if it's an IF plus something else. Beyond that the something else always has to be different.

Did that make sense?
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #346 on: September 27, 2012, 02:15:16 PM »
Kind of? I was already planning to have my IF heir last for just this reason. I will follow your advice and just complete all requirements just to be sure. But wait--if IF is an overlay, doesn't it apply to every child of an Imaginary Friend? So I'm bound to get an heir first try, yes?

By samoht04

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #347 on: September 27, 2012, 02:16:46 PM »
Kind of? I was already planning to have my IF heir last for just this reason. I will follow your advice and just complete all requirements just to be sure. But wait--if IF is an overlay, doesn't it apply to every child of an Imaginary Friend? So I'm bound to get an heir first try, yes?

You should but that was before Supernatural came out and made things less certain for me.

If you wanted I could probably do a test for you but it would take me at least 24 hours.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Odie

• Occult
  • Dutch mommy living in Norway
« Reply #348 on: September 27, 2012, 03:37:46 PM »
About the regular wishes, am I right to think that different heirs can complete the same wish, but they just cannot claim the same wish for the requirements? Or can they not even complete the same wish?
And the same for opportunities?
Problem? Don't panic! There is always a solution. You just have to find it  :D

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #349 on: September 27, 2012, 03:43:30 PM »
They cannot complete the same wish or opportunity.   Otherwise they are no longer unique.

Offline Odie

• Occult
  • Dutch mommy living in Norway
« Reply #350 on: September 27, 2012, 03:46:47 PM »
Ok, of course, thanks!
(glad that I checked in advance :) )
Problem? Don't panic! There is always a solution. You just have to find it  :D

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #351 on: September 27, 2012, 03:54:50 PM »
You should but that was before Supernatural came out and made things less certain for me.

If you wanted I could probably do a test for you but it would take me at least 24 hours.

I would appreciate that very much, thank you.

By samoht04

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline EnglishRose

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #352 on: September 27, 2012, 04:13:16 PM »
Did that make sense?

Just about! Thanks for explaining :) I, too, might just do the IF last to save confusion though :P

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #353 on: September 27, 2012, 04:17:52 PM »
Remember that in order to qualify for HOF, you need to be fully updated to the current patch.  As of today, there is a new patch (1.39) that is specifically released to handle the zombie problems people were having by saving during a full moon.   This will not cure previous games but will work for all new save games. 

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #354 on: September 27, 2012, 06:40:24 PM »
Thanks for the warning, Rica. That will be nice to get ready of those ridiculous, ever-present zombies!

By samoht04

Offline uponthewaters

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #355 on: September 27, 2012, 10:17:29 PM »
Re: the new patch: it says we can get rid of the zombie-spawning problem if we use Edit Town to save the household and start a new game. Are we allowed to do this if we happen to have saved during the full moon (d'oh!)?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #356 on: September 27, 2012, 10:19:13 PM »
No.  If you ask permission, you can then use the cheat to get rid of all the ones in your town and resave.  Perhaps that will help.

Offline Tipi

• Occult
« Reply #357 on: September 27, 2012, 11:36:46 PM »
Boy, this is one hard challenge. I'm trying it out without Supernatural. My founder just does not seem to get those big wishes (she seems to get so few of the usual wishes, too, and sometimes has several empty slots in her panel). She's almost an elder now and has only fulfilled two 5000k wishes! But I'll keep on playing until the bitter end.

Anyway, I have a couple of questions, too:
- For toddlers: Reach level 3 in two skills through the use of books: I know a toddler can reach level 3 with the peg box and the xylophone and with books in painting, but are there any other skills you can do that with toddlers?
- Can two heirs max same skills/careers as long as neither of them claims the skill certificates or trophies as their required reward objects? Eg. one sim maxes logic through making elixirs and another through stargazing to claim only the different skill challenges.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #358 on: September 27, 2012, 11:39:39 PM »
Anyway, I have a couple of questions, too:
- For toddlers: Reach level 3 in two skills through the use of books: I know a toddler can reach level 3 with the peg box and the xylophone and with books in painting, but are there any other skills you can do that with toddlers?
- Can two heirs max same skills/careers as long as neither of them claims the skill certificates or trophies as their required reward objects? Eg. one sim maxes logic through making elixirs and another through stargazing to claim only the different skill challenges.

Books cover painting, writing and logic.  Peg Box is Logic and xylophone is instruments but it only counts as one. 

Two heirs can max the same skills and careers if neither one is using those certs or career rewards yes.  but if you worry about skill challenges remember you can level up through books and leave all 5 skill challenges for someone else to do.

Offline Tipi

• Occult
« Reply #359 on: September 27, 2012, 11:42:25 PM »
Wow, you were fast, Rica! Thanks for the clarification.

anything