Author Topic: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge  (Read 898127 times)

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #375 on: September 29, 2012, 09:06:53 AM »
To add to what Rachel said, I've never seen a tourist or been in another country yet where the locals changed into the supernatural so you may actually not find anyone that can be meet the best friend requirement.

There are ghosts in all three locations (which is also another solution to my problem with the lack of adult starvation ghosts in Twinbrook).

Offline Tipi

• Occult
« Reply #376 on: September 29, 2012, 09:50:29 AM »
You can try for baby with him when he comes haunting that's fine.

Thanks, Metro, that's what I thought, since the rules don't say anything that the spouse has to be living in the household as in the other dynasties. Just wanted to make sure. This will hopefully make things a lot easier.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #377 on: September 29, 2012, 09:58:36 AM »
There are ghosts in all three locations (which is also another solution to my problem with the lack of adult starvation ghosts in Twinbrook).

There are mausoleums at the three locations but not supernatural occults.  There are no households with living ghosts as a part of them is what I meant.  Ghosts that aren't in your household are currently not showing on the relationship panel for a lot of people so how would you know if you were still best friends with them and because they are dead at the mausoleum, you can't exactly call them up to keep the relationship alive.   
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #378 on: September 29, 2012, 01:04:50 PM »
For the 5,000 point wish list:  See [childname] become a [career].  Worth 5,000. 

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #379 on: September 29, 2012, 01:05:52 PM »
That wish wouldn't work because you can't have children before you finish your requirements and the wishes are a part of that.  So you would never be able to use it.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #380 on: September 29, 2012, 01:11:38 PM »
That wish wouldn't work because you can't have children before you finish your requirements and the wishes are a part of that.  So you would never be able to use it.
I know, I was just giving it for a more complete list of the wishes.

Offline Tipi

• Occult
« Reply #381 on: September 29, 2012, 01:35:01 PM »
Referring to my previous question: now that my founder had a ghost baby with her dead spouse, I suppose that I can interpret the toddler requirement 'Be Best Friends with both parents' meaning that the toddler only has to be best friends with the living parent?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #382 on: September 29, 2012, 02:11:42 PM »
For the 5,000 point wish list:  See [childname] become a [career].  Worth 5,000. 

I know, I was just giving it for a more complete list of the wishes.

It's already in my list.  In fact, the criminal one is huge (20K even without ambitious, if I remember correctly) and the medicine one is 7.5 or 10K.  The science wish is often smaller, though - depends on the parent's job and/or traits (not quite sure which).  Not that it matters for the requirements.  Might be useful if you're saving up for extra rewards, though :)

On which subject, can an heir buy more than one of a LTHP reward object (e.g. motive mobile) and pass them on to other family members, as in the Immortal Dynasty?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #383 on: September 29, 2012, 02:12:37 PM »
It's already in my list.  In fact, the criminal one is huge (20K even without ambitious, if I remember correctly) and the medicine one is 7.5 or 10K.  The science wish is often smaller, though - depends on the parent's job and/or traits (not quite sure which).  Not that it matters for the requirements.  Might be useful if you're saving up for extra rewards, though :)

On which subject, can an heir buy more than one of a LTHP reward object (e.g. motive mobile) and pass them on to other family members, as with the Immortal Dynasty?

Yes as long as it's just the one person buying multiples, then it's still unique.

Tipi - I saw your question but I'm waiting to talk to Metro about the answer.  I know what I would say but this is something we haven't discussed so I want his opinion.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #385 on: September 29, 2012, 04:23:50 PM »
Referring to my previous question: now that my founder had a ghost baby with her dead spouse, I suppose that I can interpret the toddler requirement 'Be Best Friends with both parents' meaning that the toddler only has to be best friends with the living parent?

Metro and I talked it over and we both believe that the requirement says both parents and that means both parents whether they are alive or dead.    Heirs who only have one living parent would have a very distinct advantage over those that had two living ones. 

Offline RavenKay

• Townie
    • Moderator/Forum Owner
« Reply #386 on: September 29, 2012, 06:05:52 PM »
Question about my Gen 2's Prom date.
His date aged to YA. The scenario played out:she asked him to go steady(he said yes) they shared first kiss. He was voted Prom King.
Does this count as a romantic attachment? Or should he find another one?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #387 on: September 29, 2012, 06:08:47 PM »
Question about my Gen 2's Prom date.
His date aged to YA. The scenario played out:she asked him to go steady(he said yes) they shared first kiss. He was voted Prom King.
Does this count as a romantic attachment? Or should he find another one?

As long as he is still a teenager and she is considered his romantic interest, then yes it still counts.

Offline RavenKay

• Townie
    • Moderator/Forum Owner
« Reply #388 on: September 29, 2012, 06:12:51 PM »
Cool!  ;D
Thanks for being so quick to reply.  :D

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #389 on: September 29, 2012, 06:25:09 PM »
My founder's contribution to the family mausoleum is seven plants. They keep going barren! What do I do, just keep replanting them?

By samoht04