Author Topic: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge  (Read 908028 times)

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #2745 on: October 28, 2014, 04:41:37 PM »
Sorry for the double posting but Gen 5 is doing social networking. He's done over 40 relationship transmogrifying to partner but that challenge just will not register. Should I do another challenge or can I count that? Is this a known bug?

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #2746 on: October 28, 2014, 04:56:19 PM »
I normally always play with a fixed lunar cycle, either first quarter or last quarter depending on how I feel at the time. Apart from that one game in Sunset Valley, I always seem to get supernaturals at some point relatively early in proceedings.

I've decided to restart it, with another witch as my founder and in Sunset Valley again.

I've also decided I'm going to do my best not to be swayed by lifestates when it comes to skill challenges this time. As someone pointed out, giving my witch alchemy skill when he was already doing martial arts and athletics was silly. :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #2747 on: October 28, 2014, 07:45:21 PM »
Lisa, have you changed relationships TO romantic interest however many times it says in the skill challenge? That's the only way it registers. It took me a while to figure that out too.

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #2748 on: October 28, 2014, 07:58:31 PM »
Yes, but it says RI or partner and I have been doing both.

EDIT: It just registered, finally. Thank god!

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #2749 on: October 30, 2014, 11:35:49 PM »
Do we have to marry the spouses or can they just be RIs?

Offline Brooke.

• Oh, burn!
  • Occult
  • No sweeties for you, my little cupcakes.
« Reply #2750 on: October 31, 2014, 06:27:54 AM »
Do we have to marry the spouses or can they just be RIs?

I don't think you need to get married, as long as the partner is living with your heir until the toddler requirements are done it should be fine.
Life State Dynasty: The Blackburns In Monte Vista (Complete)
Domination Dynasty: Down With Lamps: Djinn Takeover (Complete)

Offline mysteriousways143

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2751 on: October 31, 2014, 08:59:02 AM »
I have a few questions about the additional trait slots for social group.

Question one,do you have to take the additional trait slot or are you allowed to cancel if you so choose?
Example: If I use my founder to help a gen 2 gain an extra trait will he have to random roll for one as well or can she cancel.
This will help me know if I need to be careful of avoiding activities  that give socials on heirs and spouses  I do not want to have it.

Question two, do you have to pick an heir right away at young adult or can you wait to see what trait slots they could get from social groups and/ or college degree to help you decide.
Example: One potential heir gets a valuable skill trait while the other gets a useless trait o I would pic the one with the useful trait.

Question three, are we allowed to/ do we have to  random roll again for a new trait if we get to 8 with a different social group and or get a new degree.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #2752 on: November 01, 2014, 11:16:00 PM »
Sudden wave of terror.

We can change graphical settings right? Please say yes, or I won't be HoF!

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #2753 on: November 01, 2014, 11:40:38 PM »
Of course you can. Wouldn't it be a shame if someone got a beautiful gaming computer halfway through their dynasty and was forced to play it on whatever settings they had on their mediocre laptop? Or the more common problem of gameplay getting laggy and turning one setting down helps it get back to normal.

Change graphic settings all you want. You're fine. :)
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #2754 on: November 02, 2014, 10:34:27 AM »
I have a few questions about the additional trait slots for social group.

Question one,do you have to take the additional trait slot or are you allowed to cancel if you so choose?
Example: If I use my founder to help a gen 2 gain an extra trait will he have to random roll for one as well or can she cancel.
This will help me know if I need to be careful of avoiding activities  that give socials on heirs and spouses  I do not want to have it.
You have to take it, hit random roll trait button once.

Question two, do you have to pick an heir right away at young adult or can you wait to see what trait slots they could get from social groups and/ or college degree to help you decide.
Example: One potential heir gets a valuable skill trait while the other gets a useless trait o I would pic the one with the useful trait.
You can wait to pick an heir, as long as both your sims are born the same time (twins / triplets) and both have the correct life state.

Question three, are we allowed to/ do we have to  random roll again for a new trait if we get to 8 with a different social group and or get a new degree.
Random roll again.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #2755 on: November 03, 2014, 06:32:56 AM »
You can wait to pick an heir, as long as both your sims are born the same time (twins / triplets) and both have the correct life state.

And as long as you've been treating them both/all as an heir, fulfilling all requirements, of course.

Random roll again.

So you must random roll again? Can't keep the previous random roll?
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2756 on: November 03, 2014, 07:09:30 AM »
Yeah, I'm iffy on that too. The dynasty is supposed to be about keeping the traits randomness gave you, and I don't like the thought of being able to change the degree/group traits each time it's an option, even if it's just another random roll.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #2757 on: November 04, 2014, 09:47:33 AM »
Wait I'm confused.  I thought the question was if the sim get another social trait (2nd and 3rd social trait), don't you random roll again?  Maybe I misunderstood the original question.

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2758 on: November 04, 2014, 10:01:56 AM »
I thought it was them getting a second or third degree or getting to level eight in a second or third social group, and getting the option to change the extra trait that was given to them the first time around.

Yes, you do roll once for the first time it's offered.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #2759 on: November 04, 2014, 11:33:22 AM »

I just fired up my sims 3 to test this out.  Sorry about my earlier answer, I was confused and made a mistake.  You roll random button the 1st time you get an extra trait from social -- after that when you level up another social you DO NOT roll random, you keep what you get from the previous social.

Thanks Trip and ombradellarosa, I was under the impression you get 3 extra traits from social, not just one.  Guess I've been playing too much sims 4 !!!!!

anything