Author Topic: Omni Plant "Gifts" in Sims' Inventory  (Read 38985 times)

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Omni Plant "Gifts" in Sims' Inventory
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2012, 07:06:29 PM »
I was making that comment to anyone in general.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Leto85

« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2012, 08:25:46 PM »
When you have the mod installed, you can just transfer the omni plant packages from the sims inventory back into the mailbox.  It works great, plus I have been getting pieces of mail in the sims inventory too.  I was never a big mod person, but if they keep piling up in the inventory, it is eventually going to glitch out.

Thanks! I did it slightly differently though. I stead of transferring to the mailbox I just choose what to sell from my inventory. Every omni plant was exactly $0,- worth.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2012, 11:47:40 PM »
I'm also getting this glitch with Bills now (but I have the No Bills Ever LTR).

I'm hoping it'll delete itself when the sim in question dies.

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2012, 12:16:00 AM »
I'm also getting this glitch with Bills now (but I have the No Bills Ever LTR).

I'm hoping it'll delete itself when the sim in question dies.

It won't.  I've got it with bills too.  Prepare to inherit them.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2012, 09:16:01 PM »
 :(

This makes me sad.

Leto85

« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2012, 07:11:21 PM »
:(

This makes me sad.

You're not fond of using mods? It seems to be the only way to get these things out.
Unless you can give them as a present yourself to another sims but I doubt that is even possible.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2012, 07:44:40 PM »
I intensely dislike mods because I'm paranoid about my computer.

Plus, it's not a gamebreaking deal, and it's in a Dynasty Challenge file.

It's just extremely annoying.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline simmum

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2012, 05:03:00 AM »
I've just come across the 4 bills and an omni plant in my founder's spouse's inventory. All of which I can't interact with. Hopefully it won't happen with any of the other members of the family!

Leto85

« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2012, 10:13:26 AM »
I've just come across the 4 bills and an omni plant in my founder's spouse's inventory. All of which I can't interact with. Hopefully it won't happen with any of the other members of the family!

4 Bills? What bills are you talking about? And if you can't buy your bills this way, will the repo man appear more often?

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2012, 10:51:43 AM »
They are not actually bills, just like the omni package is not actually omni seeds.  If you do put them back into the mailbox, they will convert back to gifts that people have sent. :)

Edit:  Well, I can't say they convert back 100% of the time.  After putting the stuff back into the mailbox, my sim got like 10 gifts and I put back 15 omni and 12 bills.  The next time she got mail, she got a few more omni and some more bills.  Funny thing, it only has happened to this one family.  Go figure.

Offline Wai

• Immortal
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2012, 12:49:17 PM »
I keep hoping, sigh, that EA will fix it so that we can delete everything in the persanal inventory.  Much like you can choose to delete all from the family inventory.  Occassionally, in the past I've had no-interactive items in the family inventory and by removing everything else then selecting "sell all" I have got rid of the unwanted items.  I not only have bills and omni plants in my personal inventory, but several statues removed from consignment.  These ought to be in the family inventory.  At least, I can re-consign these in a couple of days, but I would just as soon sell them from the inventory, if I could as they did not sell when consigned and I don't want to get that "customers are getting bored" message.
“In this world, there is nothing softer or thinner than water. But to compel the hard and unyielding, it has no equal. That the weak overcomes the strong, that the hard gives way to the gentle -- this everyone knows. Yet no one asks accordingly.”
 Lao-Tse

Offline Janna

• Watcher
« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2012, 10:20:19 AM »
I don't have, at this point, any mods so is there a way to get rid of these gifts, the omini and bills without using mods?

I hate being forced to do something that I haven't made a final decision on.  I won't go into it here, as discussing mods is off topic, but the items in inventory that can't be gotten rid of is a problem I am hoping to find an answer to that problem. 

Offline simchuff

• Origin ID: chuffman86
  • Llama Wrangler
  • You can call me Corey :)
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2012, 06:36:48 PM »
Sadly, I think there is more to worry about with this bug, then just clutter in your inventory. I have been having an issue with traveling, where I can't return home once I go on vacation. I have gone through most of my previous saves and fell as though I can confidently pinpoint this issue with the time that I started receiving these lovely little packages in the mail. Unfortunately, it is also in my ID file, so I can't use a mod to get rid of them, even if I was comfortable using them. I've tried a lot of different tricks, and resets, but nothing seems to work.

Any progress from anyone else?

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2012, 01:40:00 PM »
I understand the mod situation, but until EA comes up with something else, then at this point, will have just have to deal with those little packages in the mailbox. :)

Offline soyrosalia

• Nooboo
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2013, 09:34:55 PM »
I also had a lot of omni plants and bills in my Sims inventory, so I got the Debug Enabler.  There isn't a delete option for the things in the inventory.  I was able to move all of the things to the family inventory and from there to sell them for 0 which worked.

anything