Author Topic: New Store World: Monte Vista  (Read 81068 times)

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
New Store World: Monte Vista
« on: November 14, 2012, 04:44:22 PM »
There will be a new Store World called Monte Vista.

Image from SimGuruSmitty on Twitter
Woodfire Oven Premium Content from Maxis Live Broadcast

According to the SimsWikia:
Monte Vista will be the seventh world from The Sims 3 Store. It was announced on October 10th 2012 in the Maxis live broadcast. There were no rumors relating to this world. It will be released in late 2012.
It also features a premium content called The Woodfire Oven which Sims cook new recipes such as pizzas, calzones and lasagnas.

The Sims 3 Monte Vista is a beautiful, bright, sun kissed world. You will be getting Rolling Hills, Cyprus Trees, Mountain Top Views, in a Walled In City that you are all going to love. Your Sims will be able to wild their days away, strolling across the piazza, visiting museums, farming on the land, and eating amazing food at any of the new bistros around town. - taken from Maxis Live Broadcast

Sims VIP had this information about it:
The Sims 3 Monte Vista is a new world we are working on, in The Sims 3 Store. Monte Vista has a whole new theme and whole new setting for you to tell the stories of your Sims. This world is still in development, so this sneak peek will be quick.

The Sims 3 Monte Vista is a beautiful, bright, sun kissed world. You will be getting Rolling Hills, Cyprus Trees, Mountain Top Views, in a Walled In City that you are all going to love. Your Sims will be able to wild their days away, strolling across the piazza, visiting museums, farming on the land, and eating amazing food at any of the new bistros around town.

Right now is the perfect time to introduce you to the all new Premium Content coming with Monte Vista. The Woodfire Oven is not only a fun new way to improve your Cooking skill, but it also adds a ton of new recipes for your Sims to learn. You will be able to cook new dishes such as Pizza, Calzones, & Lasagnas.

This world will be available in The Sims 3 Store during winter, so stay tuned for more info!

*There has been no official confirmation of Monte Vista other than in a Maxis Video however several SimGuru's have mentioned it in their blogs on that site and SimGuruSmitty who works on the EA Store Worlds has tweeted about Monte Vista. Official Statement is to be expect soon.  :)*
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline ladybug53

• Watcher
Re: New Store World: Monte Vista
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2012, 05:36:33 PM »
Wow ! This looks and sounds like the best world ever. Did they say farming? I'm super excited about his new world. EA has been giving us amazing Expansions, Stuff packs and Worlds.  ;D
Memories have no expiration date .
ladybug53's Studio

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Beezy

• Watcher
  • Corey :)
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2012, 07:28:17 PM »
Looks like Champ Les Sims.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2012, 07:32:25 PM »
It looks like it's meant to be in Italy. I am almost crying at how gorgeous that is. I've been in love with Italy since I was a teen. Normally I don't spring for Store worlds but this--I have to have this.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2012, 07:40:59 PM »
It looks like it's meant to be in Italy. I am almost crying at how gorgeous that is. I've been in love with Italy since I was a teen. Normally I don't spring for Store worlds but this--I have to have this.

Italian villas are beautiful, I must agree. This world is on my list!  ;D

Chuckles_82

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2012, 07:43:52 PM »
I won't speculate any further on the 'farming' other than content like that usually comes with EPs. Fingers crossed!!! It does look gorgeous though - reminds me of a lot of towns from role playing games.

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2012, 10:47:57 PM »
I don't usually get excited for Premium Content, but I WANT that woodfire pizza oven! I practically live off Italian food at home!

The rest of the world looks gorgeous as well. It's nice to get an older-looking town after all these modern ones.  :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2012, 01:25:30 AM »
Thanks for the info! Looks nice.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2012, 01:46:47 AM »
Everyone, please keep in mind that until EA officially announces this world, it's still considered a rumor.  I'm going to lock this topic for now.  samoht04, will you please unlock it when the new world is officially announced by EA?  Thanks very much.  :)
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2012, 12:09:08 PM »
Everyone, please keep in mind that until EA officially announces this world, it's still considered a rumor.  I'm going to lock this topic for now.  samoht04, will you please unlock it when the new world is officially announced by EA?  Thanks very much.  :)

SimGuruTaterTot has just announced Monte Vista officially on the EA Site Blog.

Explore a landscape rich with charm and money, where villas featuring sweeping views dot the gently rolling hills. Where the community is vibrant, the museums filled with art and culture, and the cafes brimming with savory foods and conversations.

Discover the inspiration of a culture that has influenced generations at The Sims 3 Monte Vista, available in the Sims 3 Store on December 6th and in retail stores worldwide starting January 8, 2013.

And a link to a Thread:

The Sims 3 Monte Vista will be available for digital download through the Sims 3 Store on December 6, 2012, and in retail stores starting on January 8, 2013. Monte Vista will only be available for purchase in real cash as a Simpoint Bundle, and will not available for purchase with Simpoints.

We will be offering two types of Simpoint Bundles for Monte Vista:

$20 Simpoint Bundle – which will include 100 Simpoints + Monte Vista

$35 Simpoint Bundle – which will include 1900 Simpoints + Monte Vista

FAQS:

1. What is a Simpoint Bundle?
A Simpoint Bundle is typically used for purchasing Simpoints, the virtual currency of The Sims 3 that can be used in the Sims 3 Store. Simpoint Bundles are also used for purchase of some worlds, like Barnacle Bay and soon-to-be Monte Vista.

2. Why is Monte Vista sold for real cash instead of Simpoints?
We wanted to give customers the option to purchase this world in retail stores. This requires all versions of the world to be sold for real cash.

3. Why do you have a $35 Simpoint Bundle?
Monte Vista will not include a venue. With the release of some amazing venues lately, we want to make sure you have the option to purchase a venue separately without having to buy two simpoint bundles.

5. Will I be able to buy Monte Vista in game?
Monte Vista will only be available through the purchase through the In Game Store.

Not sure about the whole No-SimPoints purchase but the world looks great! :D

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2012, 12:17:16 PM »
This is the most beautiful town ever.  I can't wait to get it!

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2012, 12:28:04 PM »
There will be a Live Broadcast for Monte Vista on the 27th of November! I reckon the family on the picture may just be the return of the Burbs plus one perhaps?

Edit, there is also another picture from the News and Events post:

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2012, 12:51:51 PM »
I have been waiting for this town.  I have a sneaking suspicion all the renders they did of Seasons came from Monte Vista where you see the people walking down a cobblestone road.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline ladybug53

• Watcher
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2012, 02:45:25 PM »
Wow ! This new world looks amazing. Very anxious to explore it fully.  :)
Memories have no expiration date .
ladybug53's Studio

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2012, 03:41:43 PM »
It looks like Florence transplanted to a hilltop :)