Author Topic: New Store World: Monte Vista  (Read 81065 times)

Offline Sunnysabjes

• Occult
  • Insanely serious or seriously insane?
    • Deviant
Re: New Store World: Monte Vista
« Reply #90 on: December 07, 2012, 10:23:12 AM »
Anyone found special seeds yet? I saw lots and lots of seeds, but so far no specials...

Dellena

« Reply #91 on: December 07, 2012, 10:29:10 AM »
Is it my imagination or does some of the simlish that the Monte Vista sims use sound like it has an italian accent?  I especially notice it when my sim is gardening.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
  • Every puzzle has an answer
« Reply #92 on: December 07, 2012, 11:20:13 AM »
Is it my imagination or does some of the simlish that the Monte Vista sims use sound like it has an italian accent?  I especially notice it when my sim is gardening.

Wow, that would be awesome  ;D
There's so many things about this place that I just love. I like it's compactness. That is compared to Sunlit Tides which is so big and spread out that it takes me ages to get around it.
Even my Mum, who doesn't play Sims, said it looked incredible  :D
** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #93 on: December 07, 2012, 11:47:40 AM »
SimGuruGraham has made a festival lot for Monte Vista.   You can download it from the exchange here.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline ficklemuse

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #94 on: December 07, 2012, 12:05:48 PM »
Anyone found special seeds yet? I saw lots and lots of seeds, but so far no specials...

I'm sure someone will have a collection helper screencap - but in the meantime I went looking for special seeds and found several spots:

- The Rasi Household: (across from Mucho Esspresso) on the upper left corner of the lot
- To the left of the Estruscan Park and across the road.
- Corner of the Giordano household lot (It's a large farm with a pond - the special seeds are just off the corner where the barn is)
- Coliseum (lower right corner)
- Near the Lighthouse (on the path that runs alongside the road)
- Moonlit Stroll Park
-  Between the Palacial Pools and the water
-  Near the Public Pizzeria

Offline matrona99

• Nooboo
« Reply #95 on: December 07, 2012, 12:49:04 PM »
I must say I love this town--so much so that when my sim rolled a wish to travel abroad, my first thought was, "why would you ever want to leave?"

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #96 on: December 07, 2012, 02:08:30 PM »
SimGuruGraham has made a festival lot for Monte Vista.   You can download it from the exchange here.

Not sure whether to laugh or cry about this seeing as I spent ages earlier making one, still I shall download it and see if I prefer it to my attempt, I did think of trying on that park so be interesting to see how they fitted it all in.

And it's all a good learning experience even if I don't use mine after all that.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Dellena

« Reply #97 on: December 07, 2012, 04:08:25 PM »
My only complaint is... what the heck with all the sunglasses?   ::)  I'm going to use a mod to remove all accessories from all sims cause there's just TOOOO many sunglasses.  Someone at EA went eye wear nuts.  I will say, though, that most of the sims are decently attractive.  I'm working my way through all of them to change hair/eyebrows on males and hair/eyebrows/lipstick on females.  EA needs to hire some of the awesome hair CC creators out there.

Offline TheGoat

• Townie
« Reply #98 on: December 08, 2012, 01:10:35 AM »
Well, I never seem to learn. Every time I shell out money or points on a new EA world, I end up pretty darn disappointed. They're always interesting for a few minutes, but never grab my long term attention. Every time a new one comes out, I say to myself, Okay, this time I am not going to do it.

Well, I broke down again, and this time, I couldn't be happier. Man, this town is cool. I'm just starting to explore it fully, but am very satisfied so far.

I also picked up the farmer's market type venue, too. This is a must-have for gardener sims.

I love the fact that there are so many empty lots of various sizes. I definitely think I'll end up with a few bars, consignment store, firehouse, whatever, if I keep playing this town.

goat

Offline Sunnysabjes

• Occult
  • Insanely serious or seriously insane?
    • Deviant
« Reply #99 on: December 08, 2012, 04:19:58 AM »
I'm sure someone will have a collection helper screencap - but in the meantime I went looking for special seeds and found several spots:

- The Rasi Household: (across from Mucho Esspresso) on the upper left corner of the lot
- To the left of the Estruscan Park and across the road.
- Corner of the Giordano household lot (It's a large farm with a pond - the special seeds are just off the corner where the barn is)
- Coliseum (lower right corner)
- Near the Lighthouse (on the path that runs alongside the road)
- Moonlit Stroll Park
-  Between the Palacial Pools and the water
-  Near the Public Pizzeria

Thanks! I also found special seeds near the graveyard and near Worries an Woes Country Club, but I'm glad with more places to look!

Offline jen2912

• Townie
« Reply #100 on: December 08, 2012, 11:07:07 AM »
Does anyone know if the retail store version will have wood fire oven and if will be available on amazonuk?

Dellena

« Reply #101 on: December 08, 2012, 01:27:53 PM »
The retail version will have the stove just like the digital.  I don't see it yet on Amazon.co.uk so don't know.  I'm loving this world and plan on playing a very long game here with a couple that I started.  They're rebuilding an old abandoned vineyard.  I plan on building a few venues for this world but need to do some planning first.

Offline Susinok

• Townie
« Reply #102 on: December 08, 2012, 06:57:28 PM »
I like Monte Vista, it is really beautiful and wonderfully terrain painted.

It is missing some lots for the expansions that I have, but I will have fun designing them to fit into the world. First thing is some nightlife, a showtime venue or two, and then a fire house. I have to have my fireman running around!

Offline Gwendy

• Occult
  • And this is why we can't have nice things.
« Reply #103 on: December 08, 2012, 11:46:24 PM »
You guys have no idea how bad I want this world, especially considering that it'll be a close to perfect world for my next Dynasty theme after I finish with Drizzelda and Co. I'm gonna have to wait until Monday to get it though. Does it take credit cards straight, or does it have to go through paypal?
The Hideous Immortal Dynasty

I think those pictures gave me heartburn.
-Shirin's roommate's Seal of Approval
------------

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #104 on: December 09, 2012, 12:12:56 AM »
Unless things are different in your location Gwendy, The Sims 3 store does indeed accept credit cards.

Otherwise, you could also use an EA GiftCard/Cashcard (the ones I've seen are buyable in $20 increments).  I admit, I tend to do this myself (very easy to control spending, etc.)

anything