Author Topic: New Store World: Monte Vista  (Read 81071 times)

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
Re: New Store World: Monte Vista
« Reply #150 on: January 04, 2013, 04:59:09 PM »
Retail version is set to hit stores next week from what I understand.

My local Electronics Boutique store tells me that it is released here on the 10th of January.

Offline jen2912

• Townie
« Reply #151 on: January 05, 2013, 06:35:03 AM »
Amazon uk have informed me they have no indication that it will be released in uk and there are no game stores near me so I will ask my brother if i can use his paypal.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pluto_Proserpina

• Nooboo
« Reply #152 on: January 05, 2013, 04:05:14 PM »
I'm really confused.  Is there a proper EA festival ground for Monte Vista?

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #153 on: January 05, 2013, 04:10:29 PM »
I'm really confused.  Is there a proper EA festival ground for Monte Vista?

There's one on the exchange - i'm sure someone has posted a link in this thread somewhere

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #154 on: January 09, 2013, 06:13:09 PM »
Monte Vista is available in stores today here in Australia. The guy in our local EB held up the case to show me when I walked in. He looked a little disappointed when I said that I already had it. So I had to explain that it had been available from the Sims store online for a little while. That made him a bit happier, I think at first he must have though I bought it in a different shop  ;D
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #155 on: January 09, 2013, 09:01:02 PM »
Monte Vista is available in stores today here in Australia. The guy in our local EB held up the case to show me when I walked in. He looked a little disappointed when I said that I already had it. So I had to explain that it had been available from the Sims store online for a little while. That made him a bit happier, I think at first he must have though I bought it in a different shop  ;D

I preordered it from my local EB store and am trying to work out how to get down there today ... I might 'have' to check the mail and buy some champagne. :)

Offline Odie

• Occult
  • Dutch mommy living in Norway
« Reply #156 on: January 10, 2013, 04:47:43 PM »
Ok, now I have to ask. What does EB stand for? Electronics B... / Entertainment B... / ?  :P
Problem? Don't panic! There is always a solution. You just have to find it  :D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #157 on: January 10, 2013, 04:54:52 PM »
EB stands for Electronic Boutique. I had to search that up.  ;D
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline Odie

• Occult
  • Dutch mommy living in Norway
« Reply #158 on: January 10, 2013, 04:58:39 PM »
EB stands for Electronic Boutique. I had to search that up.  ;D

Thanks! So I was half right (the first guess then lol). Sorry for getting a little off topic here guys :D
Problem? Don't panic! There is always a solution. You just have to find it  :D

Offline Pluto_Proserpina

• Nooboo
« Reply #159 on: January 11, 2013, 11:15:02 PM »
I couldn't find an EA festival lot at the exchange, so I put another default one in.  It works fine, though not in character.  I think I've seen hints that Moonlight Stroll Park is the official festival lot for Monte Vista.

Although the town isn't swarming with townies (perhaps they are all busy at work), some usually turn up if I visit a lot, particularly the festival lot, consignment store or Moonlight Stroll Park.  I have added a lot of extra venues.  There seem to be more Sims around now the children are growing up.  I hope the townies continue to demonstrate an interest in having babies.

When I have used the pizza oven, the meals cooked on it haven't registered in my cooking log.  Has anyone got them to register?  Also, does anyone know what ingredients are needed for the pizza oven meals?  I've been having a lot of trouble recently with food disappearing from fridges or broken fridges that no one can access.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #160 on: January 11, 2013, 11:21:55 PM »
Since the link seems to have become lost, the official festival grounds are here. They replace Etruscan Park.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline Pluto_Proserpina

• Nooboo
« Reply #161 on: January 14, 2013, 04:13:53 AM »
Thanks for the link!

Offline Nareshkendel

• Nooboo
« Reply #162 on: January 31, 2013, 10:38:44 AM »
Hi! First time posting here, I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask about this. If not, I'm sorry.

I started to play in Monte Vista with a couple I made. They had a son that now is a teenager and he doesn't have any friends because there are no other teenagers enrolled at the school (The "Meet new friends" option at school just wastes time, he never meets anyone). I have Master Controller installed and when I check the demographic info it says there are 6 teenagers, but none of them seem to go anywhere, they just stay at home all day apparently.

The whole town seems dead, when I go to the venues (including the festival lot) I just encounter the service sims and once a tourist. How can I revive Monte Vista? I love the feel of the town, but I don't want my sims to be so alone :P

Offline fortheloveofcake

• Immortal
« Reply #163 on: January 31, 2013, 10:45:17 AM »
Do you have story progression on? I don't use mods at all so not sure if they have any effect. You could try resetting the whole town perhaps.

When you live, live with your soul, not with your time.
When you love, love with your heart, not with your mind.
When you want to be something, the world can't define, open up your eyes.

Offline Nareshkendel

• Nooboo
« Reply #164 on: January 31, 2013, 10:55:41 AM »
I have EA's story progression on. The only mods I have are the Master Controller and Overwatch and they didn't seem to have this effect in other towns.

I've never had to reset a town before. What happens if I do that, do I lose my current family?