Author Topic: New Store World: Monte Vista  (Read 80298 times)

Leto85

Re: New Store World: Monte Vista
« Reply #45 on: November 30, 2012, 07:00:06 PM »
Apparently there will also be a venue for the world. Although I think that might be a Store only item.

What kind of vanue?

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #46 on: November 30, 2012, 07:16:35 PM »
I thought I'd read somewhere that there wasn't a venue included.
I can' t look for where I saw it now as I'm on my iPod and it's hard enough just replying lol
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Twinmum

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #47 on: November 30, 2012, 08:56:01 PM »
I had read that it will not include a venue...
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/0/614954.page
Number 3 of the FAQ's in the first post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #48 on: November 30, 2012, 11:18:51 PM »
I read on SimsVip earlier that there will not be a venue, but a Monte Vista themed venue will come out and be available separately.
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #49 on: December 01, 2012, 12:40:06 AM »
@samoht04:

I think there's something wrong with a couple of the pictures in the first post.  The first two don't render properly for me.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Leto85

« Reply #50 on: December 01, 2012, 04:16:11 AM »
@samoht04:

I think there's something wrong with a couple of the pictures in the first post.  The first two don't render properly for me.

For you too? I thought that was my mobile being weird.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #51 on: December 01, 2012, 05:13:31 AM »
I had read that it will not include a venue...
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/0/614954.page
Number 3 of the FAQ's in the first post.

It won't be included but there will be one that is themed towards it. SimGuruSmitty is one of the main World Builders at EA and was on the live chat for Monte Vista I believe (Still have not seen that yet.)

I'll see what I can do to fix it. I'm using photobucket for those which I uploaded from my own Computer so that's confusing why it's not working.  :-\
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Twinmum

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #52 on: December 01, 2012, 06:37:31 AM »
It won't be included but there will be one that is themed towards it. SimGuruSmitty is one of the main World Builders at EA and was on the live chat for Monte Vista I believe (Still have not seen that yet.)

Arhh, I get what you mean now. I was thinking you were talking about one being in the world already.

Offline donatello

• "Dreamin' dreams to oneday carve in stone..." - Prime Circle
  • Occult
  • Just as well my sims game is unplayable (stupid update issues!) I don't have time these days anyway.
« Reply #53 on: December 02, 2012, 04:27:20 AM »
True story. Maybe they'll make venues that match the look. If not, I'm sure our building community here can make us some things!

Oh Rosa, I'm sure we can conjure up something suitable ;)
"Life is not worth living unless lived for someone else" - Albert Einstein
"The only history worth a tinker's dam is the history we made today" - Henry Ford
"If it feels like you have everything under control, you're simply not going fast enough" - Mario Andretti

Offline Xazeal

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #54 on: December 05, 2012, 06:24:23 AM »
SimGuruTaterTot just posted this:

Hi there!

I'm on fire with these blogs! I can't wait until we release the Sims 3 Monte Vista on Thursday. Expect it to show up on the Sims 3 Store sometime around 10am Pacific (could be earlier, could be slightly later -- you know how technology goes).

As a reminder, the Sims 3 Monte Vista will NOT be available for simpoints. It will be in a bundle, similar to how Barnacle Bay is set up. We'll be offering a $20 bundle for those of you who just want a world + 100 simpoints, and then a $35 simpoint bundle with will contain Monte Vista + 1900 simpoints. The $35 simpoint bundle is especially great if you want to purchase a venue to go along with the world.

Speaking of venues, as SimGuruSmitty had teased last week during the Monte Vista Broadcast, we're releasing a venue at the same time we're releasing Monte Vista. Introducing...the Al Fresco Street Market:

I'll let you all pick over the image and guess what type of content we're releasing with this venue :)

As a general note -- this venue will be available for purchase with simpoints.
Unless you have the simpoints ready to go, I highly suggest that if you're going to get this venue and Monte Vista, it's going to be much easier to grab the $35 bundle than to purchase two separate simpoint bundles.

So that's the point of the 35 dollar simpoint bundle - venues generally cost 1900 simpoints. Can't believe I didn't connect the dots sooner.

Anyway, the venue looks nice, I don't think I'll get it, but I guess it all depends on what kind of content they release along with it.

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
  • Every puzzle has an answer
« Reply #55 on: December 05, 2012, 06:30:35 AM »
Going to buy this tomorrow! So excited! Fortunately I managed to raise about £170 on Sunday from my old toys and books at a market so I can use some of that. The venue looks out-of-this-world but I'm not sure I'll want to spend my money on something completely virtual (at least that's what my parents say and I think they're a bit angry with me for 'wasting' my money and I just said 'But it's Monte Vista! You have no idea how amazingly designed it is and how everyone else on the Forum will have it before me and I'll be left out..." Etc, etc, you get the point!)
** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock

Offline Lysita

• Townie
« Reply #56 on: December 05, 2012, 09:59:17 PM »
I so can't wait to get this world. But ugh! Won't be up til around 6pm where I am. Most of the day will be gone already.

Offline Saga

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #57 on: December 06, 2012, 08:14:10 AM »
I can't wait it to be released. To make this waiting even worse is that today (Decwember 6th) is Indepence Day so no work to get day go faster. I would have had whole day to play Monte Vista but it's not out yet (it's 3 pm already). Maybe I get it on weekend then (it probably will be released so late that I would not have time to play since I have early morning tomorrow).

Offline Lysita

• Townie
« Reply #58 on: December 06, 2012, 08:44:59 AM »
You are a couple of hours ahead of me then. Man, this waiting is harsh.

Offline Rebecca88

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #59 on: December 06, 2012, 08:55:19 AM »
Was a release time announced?

anything