Author Topic: Mummitomium  (Read 14017 times)

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
Mummitomium
« on: June 24, 2010, 03:13:14 AM »
If this needs to be in another thread, I haven't found it, but please feel free to point me in the right direction.

My sims just got back form a 15 day trip to Egypt during which one sim spent all his time fishing and collecting (mostly gems/metals). He has come back with a total of 0 mummitomium! I have no idea why he managed to find none. Does anyone have any ideas why? Or are there special places where I can look in Egypt?

Also, I just tried for my first supernovium and was delighted to also receive a mummitomium. I then tried to duplicate this result, with no success. I know the five different gems I put on the display case, but I'm unsure of which metals I used to fill the last 3 spaces, and I have no clue on the particular arrangement. I've tried twice more now and have 3 lovely supernoviums but no mummitomium. :( Which brings my mummitomium total to 2. (I found one a long time ago). Has anyone got an idea of the formula to get mummitomium along with the supernovium? Or is it random?

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Mummitomium
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2010, 12:04:53 PM »
It is random if it is here or not, but there is also a mine boarded up in Egypt that you can find one, sometimes two mummitorium.  The relic store also has them sometimes.  I spent three days there and ended up taking back five pieces, I thought that was pretty good.  As for your other question, I am having a hard time myself on ingots. I had gotten a mummitorium before, but forgot how I got it, silly me.  Good luck.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2010, 12:53:26 PM »
Agreeing with Salty here.  I've found Mummitomium at the boarded up mine in Egypt.  It's very rare, though, and sometimes it just doesn't spawn.  There's an adventure that asks for 3 pieces of Mummitomium and sometimes it takes two trips to Egypt to get them, even when they are marked on the map.

I don't know about a forumula to get Mummitomium from the display case.  I'm pulling my hair out at the moment trying to get Soulpeace from it.  I used the correct forumula about 7 times and only got 4 Soulpeace.  The others were skull cuts of various cheap gems that do me no good at all!
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

bshag

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2010, 01:30:59 PM »
My sim got the opportunity to go to Egypt for 3 pieces of mummitomium.  She has lvl 3 visa so she stays at the family's vacation home...good thing as the metal didn't show up on the map for 2 days.  One of the sites was outside the mine, and another is the out of the way fishing spot where the little house is.  It doesn't show up all the time but these places are worth looking.

Offline NancyJ

• Immortal
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2010, 02:28:07 PM »
You can also get mummitomium from the relic shop, it respawns every day and IME there's about 30% chance of it spawning so in a 15 day trip you would expect to see it around 5 times, in quantities of 1-3 ore samples.

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2010, 07:06:14 PM »
Thanks for the tips, I'll have another look when I return to Egypt. And I will treasure my 2 mummitomium ingots as it seems to hard to get.

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2010, 10:56:15 AM »
You could also check the Consignment Store.
Formerly Simstar3

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Castastic

• Llama Wrangler
  • AYU - The BLUE BIRD in my life
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2010, 07:19:14 PM »
During my adventures in Egypt, I've only found a total of two spawning places for Mummitomium.
The first is by the mine you mentioned, but note that sometimes the Mummitomium actually spawns inside the real mine-decoration that is there. So occasionally, you'll have to tinker with the camera angle quite a lot before you can see and click on it.
The other spot is on the grassy part by the river, near where the river goes out to a big sea.
Picture:

But both spawns take a few days, so trying the relic merchant is probably a good idea too.
The adventure in Egypt that needs Mummitomium actually requires TWO metals, and not three. I've never had a problem with the adventure since the map tags for Mummitomium has always showed me to these two places, and I've always been able to collect from them.
EDIT: and Hi people, new to the forum here!
If you are afraid of changes
Watch me at a distance
Whether or not I may do something
I'm talked about behind my back
Let it be

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2010, 08:34:26 PM »
Welcome to our Forum, Castastic!  Great first post.  Thanks for sharing the information!  :)

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2010, 08:49:01 AM »
Hej Castastic! Trevligt att se att jag inte är den enda med en svensk version! ;)

Kanske vill du introducera dig själv mer formellt i vår introduktionstråd här?
Manbearpig simply wants to get you. I'm super cereal. - Al Gore :)
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.

Offline IgnorantBliss

• Llama Wrangler
  • Part-time Hermit
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2010, 09:14:30 AM »
I don't know about a forumula to get Mummitomium from the display case.  I'm pulling my hair out at the moment trying to get Soulpeace from it.  I used the correct forumula about 7 times and only got 4 Soulpeace.  The others were skull cuts of various cheap gems that do me no good at all!

What was the formula that you used? Because I've never failed to get Soulpeace with the formula that uses at least 5 different types of gems, but only 2-4 different cuts. If you use 5 or more different cuts, you get skulls.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2010, 09:29:00 PM »
What was the formula that you used? Because I've never failed to get Soulpeace with the formula that uses at least 5 different types of gems, but only 2-4 different cuts. If you use 5 or more different cuts, you get skulls.

That's probably what I was missing...  the limited number of cuts. 

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2010, 12:38:49 AM »
Has anyone got an idea of the formula to get mummitomium along with the supernovium? Or is it random?

Not sure if this will work on other people's computer (results for some things are different on different computers) but I just stumbled across a combination that makes mummitorium!
I put 3 compendium ingots and an iron in the top left corner, next to that, I put iridium then filled all the rest of the spots with iron. The result was 1 compendium ingot, 1 mummitorium and 1 platinum.

Norma
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

anything