Author Topic: Make Sims Speak English Cheat!?!?  (Read 49163 times)

marta_wolf

Re: Make Sims Speak English Cheat!?!?
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2010, 02:49:37 PM »
Well if they did have a cheat to make them speak english then I'm sure EA make sure that foul language would be bleeped or they wouldn't put foul language in the game at all.

Mutt

« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2010, 04:01:06 PM »
I remember back in The Sims 1 my wife had a character that, when frustrated would say 'boogensnot' as if it were a simlish swear word.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline TollingBells

• Occult
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2010, 03:36:43 PM »
Well, there may be something to the English thing. I was shocked out of my mind when I heard english coming from the stereo. The 'Custom music' is definitely in English, for some reason, and it freaked me out when I heard it.

Also, I love it in Create-A-Sim, when they say 'Narzi Vonukdole!'. It sounds like they're saying some sort of Simmish proverb or 'Oh Well' phrase. I also noticed that a lot of my sims yell 'Gabba Do, Rhee' at me when they can't walk somewhere. They also act like I'm the idiot, when they can't walk around a fish tank to save their lives.  >:(
You don't have to feel like a waste of space
You're original, cannot be replaced
If you only knew, what the future holds
After a hurricane comes a rainbow

-Katy Perry, Fireworks

Miau

« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2010, 09:18:11 AM »
Well, there may be something to the English thing. I was shocked out of my mind when I heard english coming from the stereo. The 'Custom music' is definitely in English, for some reason, and it freaked me out when I heard it.
The 'Custom Music' station has unmodified real world music, and you can add your own songs too, that you'll then be able to hear on the stereo while playing the game. Just copy your songs in the 'Electronic Arts \ The Sims 3 \ Custom Music' folder, it's somewhere in My Documents. I'm sorry if you already knew this, but I think it's a nice feature to listen to the music you like directly in-game, without using a music player that would slow down your computer.

Offline TollingBells

• Occult
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2010, 04:07:26 PM »
Wow, I didn't know that Miau. Thanks!  ;D Could I replace music in other folders, or just add more?  :-[ I hate the 'Indie' music so much, it's nerve grating.

-Katy Perry, Fireworks

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2010, 04:13:57 PM »
Wow, I didn't know that Miau. Thanks!  ;D Could I replace music in other folders, or just add more?  :-[ I hate the 'Indie' music so much, it's nerve grating.
Sorry, it's only the custom music that can be changed. If you don't like Indie music, then just never turn it on! ;D
Manbearpig simply wants to get you. I'm super cereal. - Al Gore :)
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.

Offline TollingBells

• Occult
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2010, 07:13:04 PM »
 :'( I looked everywhere. There's no 'Custom Music' folder in any Sim 3 game file.

-Katy Perry, Fireworks

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2010, 07:22:17 PM »
I have Vista and it is: Username>Documents>Electronic Arts>The Sims 3>Custom Music

Can't miss it. ;)
Manbearpig simply wants to get you. I'm super cereal. - Al Gore :)
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.

Offline TollingBells

• Occult
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2010, 12:21:35 AM »
Thanks Swede.  :D I was looking in the wrong folder. Anyway, If sims could speak English, what on earth would they say? I imagine they'd scream at you something like 'LET ME GO TO BED YOU -beep-' or 'I CAN'T GO THERE DUMB-beep-'. I know mine would, because I don't like wide open spaces, so my houses are always cramped.  :-[

-Katy Perry, Fireworks

Offline jmz95

• Immortal
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2010, 10:41:03 AM »
Well, let's not forget that it's a T rated game. I can only think of a few bad words to change it an M game. The way I see it, T=PG 13. In most PG 13 movies, there is cursing but it would all depend on the game makers. But anyhow, I'm glad I can't understand sims for the most part. I love when they are putting a baby in a crib, they say something with nooboo in it. I've never paid attention to right before they "Try for Baby".
"Yes, I try to pick up strange babies, but only in the game.  Don't judge me." - Pam
Too late, Pam. Too late.

Offline TollingBells

• Occult
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2010, 05:29:26 PM »
So, Nooboo may be 'Baby' in Simlish? What about 'Sul Sul'? You can get a book titled 'Sul Sul' from the time machine, and females sims in CAS say it while waving.

-Katy Perry, Fireworks

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2010, 07:40:54 PM »
I'm pretty sure nooboo means baby.  You hear it a lot from parents of infants and toddlers.  I think I've heard "sul sul" in-game, too.  It sounds like a greeting to me.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2010, 09:09:46 PM »
I think it is neat when they walk through the living room, or any room when they get home and wave say "herro".  Or they could actually be saying "hello", but you have to listen very closely.  Sounds so real and freaky at the same time.  By the way, who are they shooing out of the bedroom before they woohoo?  They are the only two living there.  They must be shooing me out then.  LOL. Weird.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2010, 03:41:23 PM »
chumcha = pizza  That's one that's been around since Sims 1.  Same with nooboo.  Long ago I watched a video clip online where they filmed actors doing the voice recordings for the Sims.  They read from a very detailed script that was written phonetically and they had a sound producer right there coaching them on pronunciation whenever the actors had questions.  It was pretty interesting!

Offline Da Vinci

• Townie
« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2010, 03:54:22 PM »
I wonder if there is a way to translate what they are saying into English, perhaps everything they say means something but we don't know what it is.
"This is my maiden voyage. My first speech since I was the president of the United States and I couldn't think of a better place to give it than Calgary, Canada." --George W. Bush, as reported by the Associated Press, Calgary, Canada, March 17, 2009

anything