Author Topic: Cheats  (Read 3446 times)

Dain

Cheats
« on: September 09, 2009, 06:28:14 PM »
I am having trouble getting the cheat "testingcheatsenabled true" to work.  I've tried out other cheats like motherlode and help.  Both of those work.  Is anyone else having this problem?  I don't understand why it won't work.  As for spelling, I've typed it in very carefully about 30 times.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: Cheats
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2009, 09:09:59 PM »
Dain,

I haven't used that cheat yet.  What exactly happens when you try to use it?  I thought that code opened up several cheats that you can use.  If you'll post more information, I'll try to find an answer for you.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Dain

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2009, 05:34:08 PM »
Nothing at all happens.  It opens up more cheats but it is also supposed to allow you to click on various things within the game (mailbox) to get a list of things you can do.  That doesn't happen for me. 

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2009, 07:21:11 PM »
Dain,

I tested this in my own game and it gave me pretty much what I've read about it. When you type "testingcheatsenabled true" into the cheat window, it allows you to move things like the mailbox and trashcan. It didn't give me any choices for things to do with those items. It just allowed me to move them. And you have to be in Buy or Build mode to move them, too.  If you've read somewhere that it's supposed to do more than this, please point me that direction and I'll try to find out more for you.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Reesaroo

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2009, 10:15:37 PM »
I know, I know  ;)

First press Shift, then click the mailbox.  Available cheats:

Make All Happy
Force Visitor
Make Needs Static
Set Career
Make Friends for Me
Make Me Know Everyone
Force NPC

Shift, then click Sim:

Trigger Age Transition (warning:  you can only get older, there's no way to go back)
Modify Traits for Active Sim

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2009, 10:54:59 PM »
...and additionally move bars like the relationship bars, needs bars and shift-click your Sim's place of employment to initiate work opportunities as well.

I can only assume you've been to the cheats page. You are holding the shift key and left-clicking these things (mailbox and sims)? Some of the cheats don't appear to work while the game is paused as well.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2009, 11:50:34 PM »
Yay Reesaroo!!  Thank you!  And Carl, too, of course.   ;D

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Reesaroo

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2009, 09:38:58 AM »
...and additionally move bars like the relationship bars, needs bars and shift-click your Sim's place of employment to initiate work opportunities as well.

I can only assume you've been to the cheats page. You are holding the shift key and left-clicking these things (mailbox and sims)? Some of the cheats don't appear to work while the game is paused as well.

I didn't know about the place of employment, Carl.  Thanks!

Offline ShelleyB

• Nooboo
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2009, 12:53:20 PM »
Dain,

You may have resolved your testingcheatsenabled true question already, but if not...

When you start the game and get the Launcher, then press the play button....get the EA intro (which I skip), then come up to the window where you choose the game/family you want to play---THIS is where you want to type in the testingcheatsenabled true on the command line.  If you wait until you have already check-marked the family and are in the household it is too late.  Do it at the beginning and it works.

Also when you command:  moveobjects on, you can place objects on top of one other.  One of the things I have hated about Sims 3 (coming from Sims 2) was how ugly the hanging light fixtures are.  I turned on moveobjects because I had an object stuck to a Sim and then forgot to turn it off.  I was putting in new light fixtures and found I could place two on top of each other.  The ugly three-pronged candle thing (don't remember what they call it in the game) can be made attractive by placing two together and pressing ALT while rotating one of the fixtures until it looks pretty.  I've done the same with coffee tables in front of angled couches and dinner tables at my home bistro in the back yard.  I think it's pretty cool once you know you can do it.  Woah!! :o :o

Offline Elena1083

• Laughter is the best medicine!
  • Llama Wrangler
  • You can't have a life without living!
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2014, 11:38:04 AM »
I know, I know  ;)

First press Shift, then click the mailbox.  Available cheats:

Make All Happy
Force Visitor
Make Needs Static
Set Career
Make Friends for Me
Make Me Know Everyone
Force NPC

Shift, then click Sim:

Trigger Age Transition (warning:  you can only get older, there's no way to go back)
Modify Traits for Active Sim

But there is also another thing which is, a thing simmilar too Creat a sim were you CAN actually put what ever age you whant them to be!
Elena1083 :o

Offline Eiira

• Nooboo
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2014, 04:48:18 PM »
But there is also another thing which is, a thing simmilar too Creat a sim were you CAN actually put what ever age you whant them to be!

Yes, you can choose the life stage of your sims if you have "testingcheatsenabled true" running. You then simply have to shift click on a sim and click the option "Edit in CAS". This will allow you to age the sim down as well, although toddler is the youngest life stage you can choose for your sim.

You can only choose the life stage of a sim however, not the days a sim is into that life stage, for that you need a mod.

anything