Author Topic: Save error after Buy mode  (Read 1622 times)

Offline Niana

• Occult
Save error after Buy mode
« on: January 15, 2013, 11:04:02 PM »
I'm about a week into the BBIV challenge, and encountering a problem saving my game.
I get this error -

So I assumed it was something to do with my computer, not the game.
I've cleared out the caches and DCBackups, run a complete CC clean/viral scan on my computer, and it's still happening. Restarted the game and my computer several times, etc. I'm on an Asus notebook with 6GB ram and more than half my storage drive is still free ~250MB, so it's not a matter of space.

I've tried playing for another few game hours and then saving under a different file name, and that works. My problem is that I need to buy and build/expand a little bit because of the challenge, and I can't save it at that point. The error shows up even if I'm doing another "Save As".

Any help would be much appreciated, I haven't been on a PC in years :)

EDIT - I just wanted to add, I'm not trying to add another level to the house (didn't want to risk that after reading the other thread). I'm simply trying to buy my newly-aged up children beds!

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: Save error after Buy mode
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2013, 12:26:10 AM »
Have you tried the same bed over and over or different beds?  Have you tried different locations?  I had a problem in my Life States Dynasty where the game didn't want anything in a certain like 5 x 5 block section. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
Save error after Buy mode
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2013, 12:56:54 AM »
I've had the same problem when trying to build a house. It works fine for part of it and then it's like it just gets tired or something won't save no matter what. I've cleaned the catches out and shut down my computer. This has only happened since the last patch. Hopefully, I'll have more luck tomorrow.

Offline Niana

• Occult
Re: Save error after Buy mode
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2013, 09:31:53 PM »
Have you tried the same bed over and over or different beds?  Have you tried different locations?  I had a problem in my Life States Dynasty where the game didn't want anything in a certain like 5 x 5 block section.

Wow, that worked!! I just build a random room outside the house and shoved my children's beds there, and it saved!