Author Topic: Hex Codes for Favorite Colors  (Read 285280 times)

Offline TommyT

• Occult
Re: Hex Codes for Favorite Colors
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2010, 12:56:49 AM »
Wish I would have seen this post before I put up my house for the July building contest!  I had no idea violet and purple were different colors lol.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2010, 01:33:16 AM »
No worries about that, Tommy.  Your house is spectacular!  It's my fault this wasn't published sooner.  I didn't really make the connection of how helpful it would be until the contest had already started.  So sorry about that.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline TommyT

• Occult
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2010, 10:31:56 AM »
No worries and thank you!  I like your house too, nice to see you in the contest :)
Has anyone had any success with getting any kind of increased mood from surrounding their Sims with a favorite color yet?

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2010, 10:41:45 AM »
Now that I am thinking about it, I believe so.  I had built a small room for my sim to sculpt, it wasn't anything fancy.  I always put a radio and at least a couple of nice things in there, well, I put one of those wavy lights in there, from the wedding set.  My sim went in the room to look at the sculpting table, his mood was about half way, just under the mark.  His favorite color is geen and I have pretty much always made their lights the same color as their favorite.  Anyway, I changed the light color to green and put nothing else in the room, he went back in and I noticed his happiness bar had gone up, almost to the top and then when I turned the radio on, it hit the top, so, I assume that colors affect their mood somewhat.  May not be much, but added to favorite music or anything else and at least it helps some. 
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline jestina

• Occult
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2010, 03:00:50 AM »
I tested it with a blank four wall room and nada. Nice to have the codes though, wasn't sure what spiceberry was. It's kind of a plum color.

Offline MomOfMany

• Immortal
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2010, 12:51:30 PM »
I am going to assume it has an effect that is just not so easily seen. Because if not then really what it the point in them having a favorite color?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2010, 03:04:34 AM »
I've never been able to prove that the colors do anything.  And I agree, it seems pointless if they don't do something.  I've been using their favorite colors for clothing and cars, just to have some sort of organization.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2010, 07:19:49 PM »
I've had trouble getting the hex codes to stick when I've customised the furniture etc.  I would set it and save the change but if I went back to that piece of furniture the hex code would often be one number different eg. spiceberry has a 1 at the end (can't remember the whole string offhand) but when I went back to some of the furniture the hex had a 0 at the end.

Has anybody else noticed this and do you know if it decreases the chance of a decorated moodlet by not being exact?

Offline Happytime

• Townie
  • "There you have it, there it is." ~Buckaroo Banzai
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2010, 08:15:28 PM »
HelenP,

Once you get a color "just right" (either Hexcode value or it "looks right") do you save it to the "Favorites?"

You know, that little heart-thingy on the customization palette?

Like you, Pam, I've never seen any in-game benefits from color-coordinating stuff to match a Sim's favorite color. But I've found saving stuff I've customized (and saving color schemes or modifications I've made to patterns I see in-game) helpful in organizing / sorting things.

And with the "moodlette" concept, it'd be very easy for EA to (at some point) add a buff like "Favorite Color! +20 Mood" sometime down the road.

-- Happytime

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2010, 03:44:11 AM »
I've had trouble getting the hex codes to stick when I've customised the furniture etc.  I would set it and save the change but if I went back to that piece of furniture the hex code would often be one number different eg. spiceberry has a 1 at the end (can't remember the whole string offhand) but when I went back to some of the furniture the hex had a 0 at the end.

Has anybody else noticed this and do you know if it decreases the chance of a decorated moodlet by not being exact?

I have this happen fairly often.  I've just thought that the game makes minor adjustments to the color for some reason beyond my understanding.  I gave up on getting the decorated moodlet long ago.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2010, 07:46:53 PM »
@ Happytime, I've not tried saving it to favourites so thanks for the suggestion, I'll try it next time I'm playing.

@Pam, good to know it's not just me, it the favourites thing doesn't work I'll just give up on it.

Offline Happytime

• Townie
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2010, 02:41:55 AM »
Helen, I think I'll go ahead and see for myself, too.

I've not noticed my "fave" colors shifting values, but then I've not really paid super-close attention to them (i.e., putting actual values in and comparing them over game sessions).

I'll be surprised if they wander once saved to "Favorites" but you never know.  :)

I really don't think the game tracks or attaches saved values to "Fave Color" yet ... it's just one of the three "favorite things" most humans have, so it makes sense for the Sims to discuss them.

There are multiple ways in computing environments of keeping track of "color" and "color spaces," but the programming behind comparing "nearby" or "comparative / close" colors is pretty complex.

-- Happytime

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2010, 12:44:54 PM »
I'm more inclined to believe it has to do with how well they get along with other sims. I've often seen when they talk "about interests" (directly translated), favourite colour is often the topic.
Manbearpig simply wants to get you. I'm super cereal. - Al Gore :)
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.

Offline Happytime

• Townie
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2010, 08:11:38 AM »
I agree Swede.

I'm thinking there's code for each Sim to be able to "discuss" / "chat" about at LEAST three things with new acquaintances: Fave Music, Fave Food, Fave Color.

I've not paid that much attention to the Sim's conversations with each other enough to really notice. I do know I see them yapping (frequently) about those three values with new acquaintances, and I have noticed some "double-plus friendly increase" for relationship for the same music genre, but I've not seen it happen yet for colors.

Which either means it's there (and I missed it), it's NOT there, or my Sim is bugged.  ;)

-- Happytime

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2010, 06:29:33 AM »
I added a link on my original entry on page one to a webpage that has hex codes for practically every color you can imagine.  I thought it might be helpful to some of our builders.  :)

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

anything