Author Topic: Homeschooling your Sims Child  (Read 76487 times)

Offline TollingBells

• Occult
Re: Homeschooling your Sims Child
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2010, 03:42:52 PM »
She dosen't know what she'll be missing, Joria. Man I hated school. Glad it's over with.  :P I think I'll try the tutoring thing, when Cory gets his logic up, and his sister's in high school. He's a genuis, but his siblings are not, so I think it'll be best if I help them in any way possible.

I was sort of wondering, how much do your guy's sim kids fight you on homework? I've had some fight me more than others.
You don't have to feel like a waste of space
You're original, cannot be replaced
If you only knew, what the future holds
After a hurricane comes a rainbow

-Katy Perry, Fireworks

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2010, 04:01:57 PM »
I was sort of wondering, how much do your guy's sim kids fight you on homework? I've had some fight me more than others.

To be honest...never. If I click the homework in any child's inventory, they willingly sit down and get to work. Then again, I give all kids the Bookworm trait and that might be a side benefit — simply a willingness to do it. Once a child is out of school and ready to move on, then I'll do a Mid-Life Crisis on them for a different trait depending on their LTW. I'd still keep Bookworm for writers, doctors, etc.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline TollingBells

• Occult
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2010, 04:07:52 PM »
I had a creative artist sim kid who fought me to do ANY of it. He'd get about..35 to 50 percent done, then he'd throw a hissy fit and go do something else. My sims now have not done it, but I'm certain my newest one will, since she has no 'bookish' traits (Bookworm, Genuis, ect.) In fact, she could take longer due to her perfectionist trait.

-Katy Perry, Fireworks

Offline Jonna

• Occult
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2010, 04:21:20 PM »
I had a creative artist sim kid who fought me to do ANY of it. He'd get about..35 to 50 percent done, then he'd throw a hissy fit and go do something else. My sims now have not done it, but I'm certain my newest one will, since she has no 'bookish' traits (Bookworm, Genuis, ect.) In fact, she could take longer due to her perfectionist trait.

That is crazy.  I have never had any kids stop doing their homework.. most of them do it without me having to tell them to.  They're usually not bookworms or geniuses either.  Depending on the way I'm playing, they might have Heavy Sleeper, Loves the Outdoors, and then something like Artistic or Virtuoso.

But either way, even if I forget to tell them to do their homework, they can just work on it at school.  I'm not sure completed homework matters anyway once they get on the honor roll, I don't think their performance goes down (although I've never tried it with a kid being in a bad mood as well).

Offline Sophie4563

• Townie
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2010, 11:23:30 PM »
My sims are like Jonna's, they do their homework without me asking them to. They don't have the genius or bookworm traits either. The funny thing is I don't want them doing their homework because I'd rather have them skill build. Seriously, what kid would rather do homework than play guitar?

Offline TollingBells

• Occult
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2010, 11:39:00 PM »
I know, I hate homework, but I feel bad when their school performance goes down. Will their parents ever yell at them for not doing the homework? Besides, I like to choose my skills when they age up.  :P

-Katy Perry, Fireworks

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2010, 10:41:02 AM »
Family-Oriented Sims have the "Do Homework" interaction with children and teens, but I think that's it.
Formerly Simstar3

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline TollingBells

• Occult
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2010, 04:04:20 PM »
The sim child has the option to do homework with a parent or teenager, Simstar.  :) Gotta make sure the sim you targeted's not doing something though.

-Katy Perry, Fireworks

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2010, 04:28:26 PM »
No, that's a different interaction. If an adult tells a child Sim to do its homework, it'll automatically start it.
Formerly Simstar3

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2010, 08:22:22 PM »
There's an interaction from the child to get help on homework from anyone who happens to be nearby.  It can be parents, family, friends, etc.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline jmz95

• Immortal
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2010, 09:28:44 AM »
Family-Oriented Sims have the "Do Homework" interaction with children and teens, but I think that's it.
I don't think it's just for Family-Oriented sims. In my game, any adult can do that. Those interactions include "Do Homework" and "Work on skills" where the parent talks to the kid and the kid automatically starts something.
"Yes, I try to pick up strange babies, but only in the game.  Don't judge me." - Pam
Too late, Pam. Too late.

Offline Mrs.Laphalot

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2010, 04:38:07 PM »
I've done homeschooling. You can raise skills AND their performance.

This is very interesting!! I knew about tutoring, but it never occurred to me that sim kiddos could be homeschooled!! That is so awesome. Learn something new everyday.  ;D

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2010, 07:57:27 AM »
I have a question about this - If your sim goes to school for a few days, then gets A and gets on the Honor Roll, how long would they have to be home schooled to keep a steady A and still have time for a skill?

I also realised another benefit - No Homework!  :D
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline The Illuminator

• Occult
  • Illumination now with energy saving light bulbs!
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2010, 11:28:48 AM »
Right, instead of doing homework they have to mop the kitchen...
Le mot impossible n'est pas Francais

The word "impossible" is not French

- Napoleon Bonaparte -

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2010, 01:25:27 PM »
So how is it that you cancel out the auto go to school and home school instead?