Author Topic: How to Build a Fort or a Treehouse (2 Versions!)  (Read 28465 times)

Offline sydney511

• Occult
  • R.I.P. Edel - Jan. 14, 1996 - Jul. 02, 2011
How to Build a Fort or a Treehouse (2 Versions!)
« on: July 08, 2010, 10:15:26 PM »
Welcome to the Fort and Treehouse tutorial.

Please note:
-This does need cheats to make it look like a REAL treehouse/fort, but you do not have to use it. It'll just look a bit different without cheats. This is only for the tree house, not the fort...

-I will post pictures as soon as I can, though there may not be pictures.

-Ambitions is used in this, but I don't believe not having Ambitions doesn't matter, I am using columns.
There are two versions to it, though.

-It may be hard to get a good tree for this without Ambitions, though I am not saying you NEED it.

-A firefighter pole from buydebug is not recommended, as that tab has been said to mess up the game. I don't even use buydebug at all in this, or in normal gameplay.

Ok, now thats done, time to start!

Part 1-The easy way.

1. Go to Building mode. Click on Columns. Place one or two (to make it bigger) where you have plenty of room. (you'll see why later.)

2. You'll see a grid above the column(s). Go to Floorings and select a wood. You do not have to chose wood, but it looks more casual with a wood floor. Cover up the grid above the columns with the flooring.

3. Go to Trees and select a tree that looks nice and strong for a tree house. It may be hard to find a good tree with Ambitions or WA (not sure about that one) Place it near the flooring you just created. Try to may it look like its being held up by the branch, though!

4. This is where the room comes to work. Go to Stairs, and place some stairs at the edge of the flooring. You will now see a large stair case connected to the flooring. It looks funny, but its the only way to go up to the fort/treehouse and down. (only up if using firepole, but again even I didn't use it, it may mess up your game!)

5. Here comes the deciding. Do you want a fort or a treehouse? (A fort is like a tree house, but it has no roof, and the walls is replaced with a wooden/any fence.)

For a fort:

Go to Fences and place a fence around the flooring. Make sure there is a space at the stairs so sims can get through. Your done!

For a treehouse:

I actually find this harder, but in the end it'll look nice.

Build a wall around the flooring, EXCEPT a strip of blank space. This is so sims can step up and walk inside and won't complain "I can't get there!" You can also build a wall so there is one square space in front of the wall. Either way, just make sure there is a space in front of the door.
Next, go to Roofs (if there isn't already one, for those who don't like auto roof.) and place a roof on the wall. Paint it inside out and your done!

Your done with the easy part! Woohoo!

Part 2-The hard way (for those who want to be a bit challenged.)

This is exactly the same as above, except here your using a foundation. Go to terrain and choose the "higher button, any shape. Make a mountain a little bit smaller than a sim tree. Go to Foundations. Choose the cheap foundation (the wood without the wire underneath, only the for legs.) and build it over the tall hill. Go back to Terrains and choose "Flatten Lot". You should now see a tall foundation thing.

Continue on with above, and on the cheat part delete the legs. (ctrl shift c, moveobjects on)

Done!

Thanks for reading! I'd love to see some creations. These buildings can be used for children to play in, to store stuff in, or to hide in for those loners. Some theme ideas:

Medival (Make the fence metal, the roof look old, the walls brick and the floor stone.)

Thats all I can think of for now!

Offline Sophie4563

• Townie
Re: How to Build a Fort or a Treehouse (2 Versions!)
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2010, 11:09:32 AM »
Could you post a picture of what the finished treehouse/fort would look like?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline wildredchild

• Immortal
  • Meet Sadie :)
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2010, 11:16:57 AM »
"6 (Optional). Now for the cheat part. Please note this is completely optional, you do not have to do it (for those playing those no cheat challenges. Wink

Press Ctrl+Shift+C (without the pluses) at the same time. A small box at the top should show up. Type in "moveobjects on". (no quotes) Use the hammer tool to delete the column(s)."

You don't need to use any cheats to get rid of the column(s).  Just go into build or buy mode and select the hammer tool and use it to delete the column(s).

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2010, 12:33:27 PM »
Nice job Sydney.  You can use the same basic concept to build a floating house for a whole family to live in.  I'm working on one.  Would love to see a picture of your completed fort or treehouse.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline sydney511

• Occult
  • R.I.P. Edel - Jan. 14, 1996 - Jul. 02, 2011
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2010, 10:16:34 PM »
I didn't know that wildred! Oh and I probably will post a picture. :)

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2010, 04:39:50 PM »
I was going to put a picture here of my tree house, but thought I had better put it in the new thread especially for building.  I did not want to start another house thread.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

anything