Author Topic: University Life - First Impressions  (Read 135856 times)

Offline Kaye

• Kooky, Cutie, KIRBY!!!!
  • Immortal
  • Cute, quirky girl
    • Kaye's Sim Stories
Re: University Life - First Impressions
« Reply #165 on: March 17, 2013, 02:12:54 PM »
When I played the game are University Life finished installing, I had that issue with the motives before I even sent her off to University. Her hygiene and energy needs were frozen. I copied the game, deleted the old one and the problem was fixed.

I love University so far! The only thing that annoys me is the pile-ups. I sent two sims to university, but this only seemed to happen with one. There would be a crowd of sims and she couldn't get through the door until the last minute, right before it was time for the class to start.

Also, does anyone else notice academic performance seems to slowly decrease during the time a sim is not in class? It's not much, but if my sims weren't studying or in class (even if they weren't supposed to be), I'd notice the red arrows below the bar. Is this a glitch?
The outside is quiet, but the inside is on full blast.

The Aley Legacy
The Gemstone Legacy
Serene Stars Hotel
Cherry Blossom Daycare Center

Offline heather3.0

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #166 on: March 21, 2013, 10:01:47 AM »
I really like the game so far. Mostly the outfits and decor!! Oh, and let's not forget the money made after getting a degree. Much better if you're not using money cheats. My law enforcement sim at level 10 received a 12k bonus and a day or two before that at level 9 she got a 10k bonus!  and in the earlier levels like level 5 or 6 it was a 4k bonus. Very lucrative those degrees especially if you're able to get a scholarship or at least a partial one.

The new items are pretty great too! Love the option to take photos with friends and romantic interests! pics are med. sized too. Not small like the old camera phone photos.  So if you hang them on the wall they're really noticeable. The machine given to technology students is also wicked cool in that you can skill up without wasting a lot of time.

I did encounter some bugs. I invited family and friends to my sims graduation and then couldn't leave uni...just exited without saving and didn't invite anyone the next time. I also had a problem with my sketch pad which was fixed by clearing caches. I did encounter the bug that won't allow your needs to rise, but for me it only happened when my sim was on the way to class or to a lecture. Once they arrived to their destination I was able to manipulate their needs if I wanted to.
IMO it was worth the buy  :D
In the words of Bob Barker, "Please, spay and neuter your pets."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #167 on: March 21, 2013, 01:23:48 PM »
I have had the stuck bar issue for some time, I just do a resetsim on them and that clears it up.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #168 on: March 21, 2013, 03:13:37 PM »
Crinrict's precautions say not to invite your family for graduation, since they usually won't come and they tend to glitch if they do. Sad because that would be so cool for stories.

I've noticed an interesting phenomenon--Sims outside of my active household in the Callahans have started obtaining degrees. Both Sims that moved out before I got it and Sims that moved out since. Also, one of my spares had a child that apparently went to university right after birth! Maybe he was born while his mother was there getting her degree ;) although oddly, his twin seems to have missed it.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #169 on: March 21, 2013, 05:05:47 PM »
Crinrict's precautions say not to invite your family for graduation, since they usually won't come and they tend to glitch if they do. Sad because that would be so cool for stories.

I've noticed an interesting phenomenon--Sims outside of my active household in the Callahans have started obtaining degrees. Both Sims that moved out before I got it and Sims that moved out since. Also, one of my spares had a child that apparently went to university right after birth! Maybe he was born while his mother was there getting her degree ;) although oddly, his twin seems to have missed it.

I actually copied my ID file to look for one of Rob's baby mothers to see if she had her kid(s) yet, and it turns out that she was in labour. Anyways, the old guy she was living with had a B sports degree.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #170 on: March 21, 2013, 05:58:52 PM »
I sent a spare to uni and he earned a Communications Degree with a perfect average. (If only I could achieve something like that in real life :))

One thing that kind of annoyed me - he kept on being invited to parties, but the person who was doing the inviting was never at their home, and the party icon never appeared.

One thing I loved - playing cricket at uni (sure, it was in a rabbithole, but it was still cricket.) :)

One thing that amused me - the titles of the comic books.

Dek

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #171 on: March 22, 2013, 09:02:13 AM »
Parker Langerak as a teenager already has his Fine Arts Degree in one of my files.  He somehow managed to sneak away, I guess.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline beardeux

• Occult
« Reply #172 on: March 25, 2013, 12:06:57 PM »
I love it.  I've taken a couple through for technology degrees and a single sim for physical education.  I enjoyed both.  The phys ed one I really enjoyed making my sim a jock.  He got his level 10 while at school and I enjoyed the fact that he could go to the stadium and play many games (lacrosse, volleyball, cricket, racquetball, football, baseball and others).  I was hoping that when he returned home those game options would be available to him (or anyone) in the hometown stadium.  Alas no.  That is a disappointment to me.  It makes it a little tougher to keep up his jock 10 status.  I also am really pleased that you can take the adults through.  Made my day.  So far, I've had no difficulties with it, glitches etc.  I plan to take quite a few sims through.  Looking forward to the teens.
Bear Deux
Take Care & Clear Skies
Nice things come in small packages.
Timing is everything.

Offline callycat

• Occult
« Reply #173 on: March 25, 2013, 12:45:20 PM »
I plan to take quite a few sims through.  Looking forward to the teens.

If you mean sending teenagers to University, they can't go as they are still at school. It's just for adults and elders, so any teenage or younger sims you meet with degrees are glitches.
[they/them pronouns please]

Offline Kaye

• Immortal
  • Cute, quirky girl
    • Kaye's Sim Stories
« Reply #174 on: March 25, 2013, 02:02:08 PM »
I sent two sims to get degrees. One got a degree in Science & Medicine and the other got hers in Fine Arts. I confess they didn't really party much, so it was easy to have them graduate with perfect GPAs. I guess that's similar to how I'd be in college (I'm quiet and an introvert).

I'm about to take another one to university to get a degree in Phys Ed. She just became a vocal legend. An athletic singer. Won't that be something? :D

The Aley Legacy
The Gemstone Legacy
Serene Stars Hotel

Offline SunIndra

• Nooboo
« Reply #175 on: March 25, 2013, 03:42:44 PM »
My first impression of University life:

It's so very boring.

I must be playing it wrong but I didn't even get through one term before I shut it down and went back to my ordinary family. I don't know, I enjoyed the TS2 version. I'm going to give a few more chances (no way I'm giving up hope) and see if I can figure out the secret.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #176 on: March 25, 2013, 05:13:32 PM »
If there's any secret, it's to balance school and play to what you like.

In my University fun file, my couple started off as engaged - he's going to go military first, then go into politics after (which matches his story); she's going into business first, then become a mother (which matches hers). In the first 2 week term, I had them loaded up on classes. M/W/F was pure heck for them, but T/Th was easier because of the one activity. I used the mornings on those to have them watch TV, play video games, throw a frisbee around, go bowling. Same thing on S/Su. Their second term was only 1 week, 1 class (that's all they needed), and it was much more relaxed. I also used Study Hard once a day for them.

I tried the parties, but it tanked their metrics so fast!

Offline Kaye

• Immortal
  • Cute, quirky girl
    • Kaye's Sim Stories
« Reply #177 on: March 25, 2013, 06:29:27 PM »
When my sims needed to relax, I either sent them bowling or had them cause a bit of chaos. My witch would set fire and my fairy would play tricks. That was my way of partying for them.

The Aley Legacy
The Gemstone Legacy
Serene Stars Hotel

Offline beardeux

• Occult
« Reply #178 on: March 26, 2013, 02:57:03 PM »
Calleycat, I did meet a couple teens at the university.  Never thought anything of it.  I was more impressed that my adults could go.  I was thinking that the teens in town after applying for univ. would grow up when they get there as in TS2.  Do they have to age up first in TS3 before they head off?
Bear Deux
Take Care & Clear Skies
Nice things come in small packages.
Timing is everything.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #179 on: March 26, 2013, 05:06:55 PM »
Yes, teens have to age up to YA prior to university.

anything