Author Topic: University Life - First Impressions  (Read 138153 times)

Offline violaine

• Nooboo
Re: University Life - First Impressions
« Reply #195 on: August 30, 2013, 04:19:27 AM »
Dellena it s not 1 trait but 2 as the social group trait is coming with University

Offline ilovethesims

• Townie
« Reply #196 on: November 20, 2013, 01:38:34 AM »
When my young adult Sim first took the test and was transported to the University Town, I was struck by how similar it feels to my first days in college. Even if I was just controlling the Sim, I was also feeling homesick and eager to find friends. I chose the dorm as a residence and I think that for first time players of University Life, the dorms are a great way to be introduced into the game. At first I found it difficult to raise the Academic Performance, but I soon found out that like the way we do in the real world it is best to prioritize. That is, study during the weekdays and party during the weekends. With that routine in mind, I made a perfect GPA during my first try at University.

Indeed, EA has done a good job replicating the look and feel of a real university town. I couldn't wait for my Sim to visit the different community venues, especially the Roasted Toasted Coffee Beans (which is so like in real life). The social scene was fun especially the crazy parties where people streaked all the time.

I think that University Life is worth every penny.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #197 on: April 16, 2014, 11:29:54 PM »
I don't like UL very much. The only thing I like are the 3!!! new skills.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #198 on: April 17, 2014, 01:43:23 AM »
I don't like UL very much. The only thing I like are the 3!!! new skills.

What don't you like about it?
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #199 on: April 17, 2014, 02:36:41 AM »
I just don't really like the university. It's a lot of work, and it gets tedious because all I do is send my sims to classes. And the social groups are not my favorite- they just get annoying, like celebrities. My jocks do nothing but cheer. Literally.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #200 on: April 17, 2014, 03:02:14 AM »
I just don't really like the university. It's a lot of work, and it gets tedious because all I do is send my sims to classes. And the social groups are not my favorite- they just get annoying, like celebrities. My jocks do nothing but cheer. Literally.

There was a lot of excitement when this expansion was released, but I wasn't very interested in it.  I'm not a teen/young adult and I'm not a college type person.  I guess I thought I wouldn't relate to it or something.  But when I started playing it, I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would.  I agree about some of the tediousness and the cheering can get old fast, but I've been able to still make it fun.  My Sim would do gardening or go to parties.  It's quite different from living in a home town, that's for sure.  Now I think I'm going to send my Sim to university since she's just finished with the painting challenge.  :D
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Amy

• Nooboo
« Reply #201 on: May 31, 2014, 01:05:09 PM »
I bought University Life and the first thing I did was send my sim to university.

After that, my sim, who I wanted to be a level 10 nerd, went to Keith's Comics. This adventure was a DISASTER! I had very few simoleons so I thought it would be a great idea to shake the vending machine to try to get a free soda. I tried this 4 times. On probably the sixth attempt, the vending machine fell on my sim which caused her death! Her ghost was 'orangey-red'.

I have since not been back to university...

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Dellena

« Reply #202 on: May 31, 2014, 01:29:05 PM »
Rofl - that's epic!!!! :D

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #203 on: July 01, 2014, 04:34:04 PM »
How do you make a rebel stage a protest?

Dellena

« Reply #204 on: July 02, 2014, 06:21:09 AM »
Do you use the bullhorn you're given?

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #205 on: July 02, 2014, 01:34:16 PM »
Oh,so I need rebel influence first. Sorry.  :)

Offline sawadaWiz

• Llama Wrangler
  • Don't look at me
« Reply #206 on: August 06, 2014, 12:43:44 AM »
I noticed that if you have completed a degree and is enrolling for another one, you'll get bonus credit about 12 for each major. Have anyone noticed this?
Also, I played a sim with degree master LTW and had a wish to complete 2nd, 3rd degree, it rewarded almost double amount of LTH than a sim without degree master LTE. So after finishing my sim's 4th degree, she had 400k LTH

Also, that vending machine things, I think it wont kill you if you shake or slam it because the machine is stuck, but expect to see the grim reaper if you do it for free candies