Author Topic: University Life - First Impressions  (Read 137628 times)

Offline Deme

• Immortal
Re: University Life - First Impressions
« Reply #45 on: March 06, 2013, 02:20:22 PM »
I'm enjoying University Life a good bit; my Test Sim's gotten good grades and has been enjoying making her street art. She's entering her second half of school, with lighter classes this time, and a husband, too. The new hairstyles are really nice.

I did notice a small glitch, though. My sim completed some skill challenges (Street Art is an easy skill to do challenges for) while at college... But they were not completed, and the metrics reset, when she arrived back home. That said, the challenges were re-completed when she went back to school. I...have no idea what's up with that.
Stories In Progress:
The Avyan Immortal Dynasty

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #46 on: March 06, 2013, 03:04:17 PM »
Two of my test sim's dormies are witches. Strange. Most of the original college students are pretty darn good-looking, though. Looks like my quest for unique-looking dynasty spouses has much more variety now!

(yes, my thought process is that strange)

The new CAS-items are cool. And color me surprised, there's new stuff for teens and elders (!) too! Even children and toddlers get a couple of small things.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Swirl-Girl

• Squirt
  • Watcher
  • Sends more than 20 PMs Per Hour
« Reply #47 on: March 06, 2013, 04:05:31 PM »
Okay, Dad is gonna get this soon as he gets back from his skiing trip ;D !
I love the look of this, I like how anyone from YA to Elder can go, can teenagers go?
I love the herbs, and houseboats sorry, what I meant was the death by ranting!

Squirt's Super Submissions
I love Constructive Criticism!
"Krabs are so cheap, they can't even pay attention!"

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #48 on: March 06, 2013, 04:13:48 PM »
Can you send more than one sim to university at a time?

Offline DeNile

• Occult
« Reply #49 on: March 06, 2013, 04:19:12 PM »
Pallyndrome: Yes, as long as the Sims are in the same household and the selection is valid (no sims of improper age, no leaving children and toddlers and babies by themselves) you can send multiple Sims to university.
The Pendragon Randomacy. My new, and hopefully long-term, story for Carl's forum. Following Anita Pendragon: The Runaway.

Offline Corylea

• Townie
« Reply #50 on: March 06, 2013, 04:47:12 PM »
I sent a Witch to university, and I'm really glad I did, because there are a lot of stinky dormies, just like there were in the Sims 2 university.  But my witch can cast the Hygiene Charm on each stinky dormie, removing those problems.  The Restoration spell is good when the dorm gets nasty, too.

The NPC needs seem to be handled badly at university, in general; I'm constantly seeing sims who are complaining that they're starving or exhausted or have to pee NOW, in addition to the ones in hygiene failure.  If I want to talk to someone for awhile, I cast the Hunger Charm on them first, so they don't race off to eat right after we've said hello.  Can't imagine what all these people did before they had a witch around to rescue them.  :P

Offline lvrugger

• Occult
« Reply #51 on: March 06, 2013, 04:50:24 PM »
Maybe it's my game, but I've had 4 deaths in the dorm in the first 8 days. The first was a vampire dying of thirst, the other three are all hunger deaths. I hired a butler, but she only cooks if my sims get hungry, not the roommates.  If this keeps up I have a new way to get colorful spouses for a Life States Dynasty.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Corylea

• Townie
« Reply #52 on: March 06, 2013, 04:55:38 PM »
Maybe it's my game, but I've had 4 deaths in the dorm in the first 8 days. The first was a vampire dying of thirst, the other three are all hunger deaths. I hired a butler, but she only cooks if my sims get hungry, not the roommates.
Were your dormies stuck, or were they moving around normally?  (If they're stuck, try the resetSim command.)

I'm seeing a lot of university residents in some kind of motive failure; I guess we'll be getting a patch one of these days...

Offline lvrugger

• Occult
« Reply #53 on: March 06, 2013, 05:01:35 PM »
Not stuck at all, moving around fine. I even cooked and called household to meal just this morning.

I might blame this on my computer first before the game. It's an older laptop and maybe it's not fast enough to emulate so many sims at one time. I guess I'll have to rent a house next semester so I don't kill of the whole student population before I graduate.

I'm using Agnes as a test sim. She looks great tagging walls in her frumpy black outfits.

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #54 on: March 06, 2013, 05:07:32 PM »
Has anyone tested out the new careers and what you need to unlock them, plus career rewards, what you earn per hour at each level, what the branches are if they have them...etc.?

I would go searching for myself, but I probably won't get my copy until Friday ay the earliest, but most likely next week.

Offline Deme

• Immortal
« Reply #55 on: March 06, 2013, 05:08:21 PM »
The members of my sim's sorority did OK, foodwise; in fact, most of what my test sim ate until she got Hardly Hungry and lived entirely off of candy bars was leftovers made by her roommates. Of course, it helped that we had a Bonehilda to put away the leftovers to keep counters clear for cooking.
Stories In Progress:
The Avyan Immortal Dynasty

Offline geekchic

• Townie
« Reply #56 on: March 06, 2013, 05:09:49 PM »
Is there a way to move off campus? First term just ended, and my sim got a grant by applying at the school!

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #57 on: March 06, 2013, 05:16:37 PM »
Has anyone tested out the new careers and what you need to unlock them, plus career rewards, what you earn per hour at each level, what the branches are if they have them...etc.?

I would go searching for myself, but I probably won't get my copy until Friday ay the earliest, but most likely next week.

Unlocking the new careers means you have to reach the top of a social group in standing.   You can buy your way to the top or work it.  Your choice.   Sports Agents are Jocks.  Art Appraisers are Rebels.  Game Designers are Nerds.

I don't have that much info yet  because I'm still waiting for the last three days of school to end for my poor little simmies.  But I promise to share as soon as I have it.

Is there a way to move off campus? First term just ended, and my sim got a grant by applying at the school!

When you go back to school, you might have the ability to choose dorm or house again.  Otherwise, I think you're stuck for the length of the terms you chose.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline geekchic

• Townie
« Reply #58 on: March 06, 2013, 05:26:19 PM »
Thanks for that, I kind of figured. :)

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #59 on: March 06, 2013, 05:32:14 PM »
Pallyndrome: Yes, as long as the Sims are in the same household and the selection is valid (no sims of improper age, no leaving children and toddlers and babies by themselves) you can send multiple Sims to university.

thanks. I'm assuming all ages from teens up can go to university? Is there an option to hire a babysitter for children? What about pets? Thanks so much, I really appreciate the help. :)