Author Topic: 60x60 lot in Twinbrook?  (Read 12104 times)

Offline jmz95

• Immortal
60x60 lot in Twinbrook?
« on: July 10, 2010, 10:10:41 PM »
Does anyone know if there is a 60x60 lot in Twinbrook that costs 14,700 simoleons? Basically, is it possible to do Pinstar's legay in Twinbrook, if you're following the rules by the book? I've searched for one, but couldn't find it, but it's always possible I didn't look hard enough or just overlooked it. Thanks!
"Yes, I try to pick up strange babies, but only in the game.  Don't judge me." - Pam
Too late, Pam. Too late.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: 60x60 lot in Twinbrook?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2010, 10:34:35 PM »
I remember the same day I installed Ambitions I immediately fired up a Twinbrook game and that's one thing I noticed — no enormous lot.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2010, 10:43:07 PM »
I think I read somewhere that to play Pinstar's legacy in Twinbrook, you have to dispose of your money in other ways.  I'd suggest buying something and leaving it in your family inventory untouched for the duration of the legacy.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2010, 12:18:00 AM »
I thought one of the things they added with Ambitions was the ability to add new lots to the town?  I haven't tried it out so I have no idea how to do it.  Is that the World Editor thing people keep talking about?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2010, 12:52:09 AM »
Yes, we've got the World Editor now.  I don't know if it will add a 60 x 60 lot, though.  And I don't know how they get priced.  When I toyed with it, I was able to lay down a new lot, but I don't think I could set the price.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Darklink_shadow

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2010, 02:13:50 AM »
If you go to "Edit Town" from your active family, you can place a lot any size you want. I don't remember the specifics, but you're smart, figure it out. :P

But it can be done from "edit town" some how. I did it about a week ago... I just don't remember how, exactly, because I was just messing around.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2010, 02:21:31 AM »
Edit Town is where you find the button for the World Editor.

Also, welcome to our Forum, Darklink!

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Darklink_shadow

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2010, 02:28:01 AM »
Ah, yes! Sorry I was confusing "Edit World" with "Create a World." My apologies to all.

And thanks Pam! I've been using this website to get any and all information I've needed about sims 3 since I got it... I just never made an account because... well, I didn't need one before. :)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2010, 02:29:51 AM »
And thanks Pam! I've been using this website to get any and all information I've needed about sims 3 since I got it... I just never made an account because... well, I didn't need one before. :)

Do you use the Guide portion, too? 

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Darklink_shadow

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2010, 02:31:37 AM »
Ja, it's the primary resource I have used. When wondering about which widgets to make, where to go first when I got world adventures...

It's very helpful.

Archer0

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2010, 12:28:19 PM »
Does anyone know if there is a 60x60 lot in Twinbrook that costs 14,700 simoleons? Basically, is it possible to do Pinstar's legay in Twinbrook, if you're following the rules by the book? I've searched for one, but couldn't find it, but it's always possible I didn't look hard enough or just overlooked it. Thanks!

There's not.  Check in the Pinstar legacy thread over on the official forums.  I saw multiple workarounds listed for using Twinbrook with that particular legacy.  But like Pam said, the basic idea is to just pick a lot and dispose of your money in others ways.

Offline cndneh

• Watcher
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2010, 12:35:18 PM »
Is there 60x60 lot that you could delete the existing house from and use that? 

Offline jmz95

• Immortal
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2010, 02:06:33 PM »
Ah okay, thanks for the answer. When you put down a lot, it's not always the price you want. I'm guessing the price of a lot depends on where it is when you place it down? Also, where would the best place to put a large lot down in twinbrook? I've noticed the nicer part of town is sort of hilly.
"Yes, I try to pick up strange babies, but only in the game.  Don't judge me." - Pam
Too late, Pam. Too late.

Offline cndneh

• Watcher
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2010, 02:32:10 PM »
Also, where would the best place to put a large lot down in twinbrook? I've noticed the nicer part of town is sort of hilly.

So build on a hill.   Makes it fun for home building...walk out basement or raised porches.  Use those columns that we have now.  :D

Offline jmz95

• Immortal
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2010, 02:35:21 PM »

so build on a hill.   makes it fun for home building...walk out basement or raised porches, use those columns that we have now.  :D
Good idea, however I would have to experiment with building on non-flat terrain beforehand. I've never been a great home builder, so building a house on a hill would be an even greater challenge.
Too late, Pam. Too late.