Author Topic: New Harvestables & Their Moodlets  (Read 108944 times)

Offline Branr

• Occult
Re: New Harvestables & Their Moodlets
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2013, 05:24:41 PM »
I wonder if the quality makes a difference, or is it like the alchemy harvestables, where normal quality and perfect quality make no difference (or do they? Never checked).

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2013, 05:41:24 PM »
Take that back...

Normal quality plant gave an 8 hr moodlet and a Nice quality gave a 9 hr moodlet.   It's going to take me a long time to boost the plants up to perfect but I'll let you know when they finish growing.

Edit:  A perfect wonderpetal when eaten raw gives a moodlet that lasts for 20 hours.  It's still only +10 though.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Branr

• Occult
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2013, 05:59:21 PM »
Glad I asked!

Offline Sinnfinity

• Nooboo
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2013, 06:10:44 PM »
Do you know if the Wonderpetal moodlet only increase the effects of studying for class performance in Uni, or is it like the Power Study moodlet that helps increase skill learning rate too?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2013, 06:38:26 PM »
I think this is the correct percentages.  Seabody or someone equally smarter than me in coding will say if it isn't.

Basil: Opportunity award multiplier 110%; Promotion bonus multiplier 120%; Career gain multiplier 105%
    <kOpportunityAwardMultiplier value="1.1">
      <!--Range: Float.  Description: Opportunity award multiplier while Sim has Basil moodlet.-->
    </kOpportunityAwardMultiplier>
    <kCareerPromotionBonusMultiplier value="1.2">
      <!--Range: Float.  Description: Career promotion bonus multiplier while Sim has Basil moodlet.-->
    </kCareerPromotionBonusMultiplier>
    <kCareerGainMultiplier value="1.05">
      <!--Range: Float.  Description: Career gain multiplier while Sim has Basil moodlet.-->
    </kCareerGainMultiplier>

Bumbleleaf: Length of time a sim would survive on fire 4 hours
    <kOnFireTimeout value="240">
      <!--Range: Float.  Description: Length of time (minutes) a Sim can survive being on Fire while having Bumbleleaf moodlet.-->
    </kOnFireTimeout>

Buzzberry: Athletic Skill rate increase 15%
    <kAthleticSkillRateBump value="0.15">
      <!--Range: Float.  Description: Athletic skill rate bump while having Buzzberry moodlet.-->
    </kAthleticSkillRateBump>

Chamomile: Skill Rate Increase 15%
    <kInfluenceSkillRateBump value="0.15">
      <!--Range: Float.  Description: Influence skill rate bump while having Chamomile moodlet.-->
    </kInfluenceSkillRateBump>

Cinnamon:  Doesn't have any coding beyond the nausea coding they all have

Ginseng:
    <kBuffDurationMultiplier value="0.25">
      <!--Range: Float.  Description: Multiplier applied to Ginseng Buff duration.-->
    </kBuffDurationMultiplier>

Greenleaf: Weight loss increase 20%
    <kWeightlossRateBump value="0.2">
      <!--Range: Float.  Description: Weight loss bump while having Greenleaf moodlet.-->
    </kWeightlossRateBump>

Lavender: Energy increase rate while sleeping 110%
    <kEnergyRateWhileSleepingMultiplier value="1.1">
      <!--Range: Float.  Description: Energy regeneration multiplier while sleeping when Sim has Lavender moodlet.-->
    </kEnergyRateWhileSleepingMultiplier>

Licorice: Hunger decays 70% slower
    <kHungerDecayMultiplier value="0.7">
      <!--Range: Float.  Description: Hunger decay multiplier while having Licorice moodlet.-->
    </kHungerDecayMultiplier>

Peppermint: Same as Cinnamon nothing but the nausea multiplier

Sweetgrass: Same as Cinnamon, nothing but the nausea multiplier

Wonderpetal: 10% bump to study rate
    <kStudyRateBump value="0.1">
      <!--Range: Float.  Description: Study rate increase for Sims with Wonderpetal moodlet.-->

Other coding regarding the quality and buff duration when using an herb.

8 hr base for eating an herb raw
5 hr base for eating an herb with food
3 hr base for drinking an herb
2 hr base for inhaling an herb

Multiply the base times the quality multiplier to get how long the moodlet will last.

<kBuffLength value="8, 5, 3, 2">
      <!--Range: Floats.  Description: Hours a Herb's buff will last based upon ingestion method. (Raw, With Food, Drink, Inhale)-->
    </kBuffLength>
    <kBuffLengthQualityMultiplier value="0.3, 0.5, 0.7, 0.9, 1, 1.1, 1.3, 1.5, 1.7, 2, 2.5">
      <!--Range: Floats.  Description: Quality-based effect duration multiplier (Horrid-Putrid-Foul-Bad-Neutral-Nice-Very Nice-Great-Excellent-Outstanding-Perfect).-->
    </kBuffLengthQualityMultiplier>
    <kHerbNauseaChance value="15">
      <!--Range: Float.  Description: Base chance that taking a Herb will give you the Herb Nausea moodlet.-->
    </kHerbNauseaChance>
    <kEatRawMultiplier value="2.5">
      <!--Range: Float.  Description: Multiplier applied to the Nausea chance when eating an Herb raw.-->
    </kEatRawMultiplier>
    <kHerbNauseaQualityMultiplier value="4, 3.5, 3, 2, 1, 0.9, 0.8, 0.7, 0.6, 0.5, 0.3">
      <!--Range: Floats.  Description: Quality-based Nausea chance multiplier (Horrid-Putrid-Foul-Bad-Neutral-Nice-Very Nice-Great-Excellent-Outstanding-Perfect).-->
    </kHerbNauseaQualityMultiplier>

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2013, 07:08:22 PM »
Does basil work for a rabbithole career, as well as one like a firefighter?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2013, 07:12:34 PM »

The coding doesn't say one way or the other so we won't know until someone tries it.  I haven't been not in Uni since the game came out so I won't be able to try it until I actually start working.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2013, 12:54:19 AM »

The coding (I'm looking at the core files, the script, not the tuning, where it looks like Rica's looking) says yes, yes it does. The variables Rica mentioned are used in both XP Based (firefighter, etc) and Rabbit Hole careers.

Offline Gabsiela

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2013, 01:35:29 AM »
What are the Forbidden Fruit and how does one find them?

Offline ChaiLatte

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2013, 04:54:34 AM »
The Simmunity reward seems to prevent herb sickness, but I can't get more than one herb moodlet to stick. Every time my Sim eats a different herb, the moodlet from the newest herb replaces the older one. Am I doing it wrong?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2013, 07:07:35 AM »
The coding (I'm looking at the core files, the script, not the tuning, where it looks like Rica's looking) says yes, yes it does. The variables Rica mentioned are used in both XP Based (firefighter, etc) and Rabbit Hole careers.

Thanks Seabody - Unfortunately I'm afraid to go into too many of the files.   I'm always worried I'll accidentally do something that will make my game invalid for challenges since you can't change any of the coding tuning or script and be eligible for HOF in dynasties.

What are the Forbidden Fruit and how does one find them?

Forbidden fruit are the plant that can give you PlantSims.  You have to create the seed using the science skill and it's station.   Or woohoo with a PlantSim and they create a seed instead of anyone getting pregnant.   More information on PlantSims available in the First Impressions thread.

The Simmunity reward seems to prevent herb sickness, but I can't get more than one herb moodlet to stick. Every time my Sim eats a different herb, the moodlet from the newest herb replaces the older one. Am I doing it wrong?
You're not supposed to have more than one herb moodlet at a time.  It doesn't work that way. 

Offline mappam

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2013, 11:04:51 AM »
Can you use any of the new herbs in cooking recipes?

Someone on a different forum said that the Supernatural Coffee Pot allows you to choose the kind or blend = can anyone confirm this? Or now of a "mod" or CC that allows this? I REALLY want to use the new coffees/teas as a drink!

Thanks.
Huggs Pam

I live in my own little world - I like it there - everyone knows me.

Offline Autumn Morning

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2013, 11:07:42 AM »

Someone on a different forum said that the Supernatural Coffee Pot allows you to choose the kind or blend = can anyone confirm this? Or now of a "mod" or CC that allows this? I REALLY want to use the new coffees/teas as a drink!

Thanks.

The new barista bar from University Life will let you pick which type of coffee to buy or make. I can't speak to Supernatural, as I don't have it.

Offline Serena Darrin

• Immortal
  • Back to School
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2013, 11:28:16 AM »
Speaking of the Barista Bar, I've noticed it give an option for 'Energy Drinks' too.  Are those just mixes of the herbs, or do they have their own recipies?  Does anyone know yet?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2013, 11:36:51 AM »

Thanks.

You can add herbs to any plate of food to get the same moodlet.

The Coffee/Barista Bar does coffees and teas that you drink.   Why would you need a Coffee pot to do it? Or am I misunderstanding you?  The way it's coming off to me is you think that you can't get them as drinks right now.   The Coffee/Barista Bar is a bar you can place in your home like a juice bar.  It's not just a community lot object.  So you don't need CC or a mod to make those drinks at home.   They already come as drinks!

As for the other thing,   Coffee Pots have always allowed you to choose a blend of coffee that you wanted but none of them are the ones that are offered by the Coffee bar. 

Edit: I just put Ol' Steamy into the dorm and yeah it didn't offer anything different from the other coffee pot that already came in the dorm.

Also we don't discuss CC so if someone does know of CC that can help Mappam please PM her.

Speaking of the Barista Bar, I've noticed it give an option for 'Energy Drinks' too.  Are those just mixes of the herbs, or do they have their own recipies?  Does anyone know yet?

You can't learn the recipes so I'm guessing that they are all just one herb each.  I'm thinking it's at a reduced cost though to not buy ingredients unless you grow your own.   Chamomile is worth §44 at the grocery store but the energy drink "Chamomile Kick" only costs §29 in your own private home.

I did notice that the Coffee Bar still offers the drinks that you get on the already in game coffee pots.   The "Hot Beverages" category seems to be exact same.

Edit 2: Serena - Yeah it's just one herb or fruit that you can get from the garden per Energy drink.   The prices are reduced from the grocery store price but it's free if you have the available item in the inventory.    I'm buying one of each fruit now to make at home to see what the different drinks do to see if they have new moodlets I should add to the first post.

anything