Author Topic: Plant sims  (Read 120028 times)

Offline scoed

• Watcher
Plant sims
« on: March 10, 2013, 11:17:19 PM »
I can't find a topic about them. I love different super naturals and wanted to learn about plant sims. I don't have the EP yet so what can you all tell me about them. Thanks.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: Plant sims
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2013, 11:31:47 PM »
Welcome to the forum!  There is some information about them in the First Impressions thread.

My experience with them so far is that PlantSims when harvested/picked from the ground by the forbidden fruit turn into a plant version of the person who picked them.  To become a PlantSim you have to eat a forbidden fruit or be turned into one by being a science test subject while at university  To get a forbidden fruit seed you need the science skill and it comes from gene splicing.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Louise56

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2013, 06:25:10 AM »
Yesterday I've got my first plantsim and plant nooboo! I love it, the don't have to eat or go to the bathroom. They can talk in numerous ways to plants, even flirt with them lol. Everywhere they go, they leave a trail of flowers. It is really awesome! ;D

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2013, 07:33:35 AM »
Does anyone know if plantsims can have babies the traditional way? As in, not through growing them, but with a partner?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2013, 08:15:08 AM »
Does anyone know if plantsims can have babies the traditional way? As in, not through growing them, but with a partner?

PlantSims cannot become pregnant nor can they get someone pregnant.  Try for Baby will always produce a seed.  Genetics are not a part of the PlantSim coding.   

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2013, 06:51:10 PM »
Try for baby produces a seed? Does that seed then grow into a plantsim that has genetics from both parents, or is it just a normal clone of the sim who planted it?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2013, 06:52:56 PM »
Try for baby produces a seed? Does that seed then grow into a plantsim that has genetics from both parents, or is it just a normal clone of the sim who planted it?

As I've said it is just a clone of the sim who planted it.   I did a test and talked about it on the first impressions thread.  I had a normal Sim and a plantsim try for baby.  I planted the seed and then added the local papparazzi to the house.  The paparazzi harvested the seed and that plantSim baby was the pap's clone/child.  PlantSims don't have genetics just a life state.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Dextra2

• Ruler-of-All-She-Sees-And Has A Really Big Ego.
  • Immortal
  • You can call me Dex!
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2013, 10:15:46 PM »
As I've said it is just a clone of the sim who planted it.   I did a test and talked about it on the first impressions thread.  I had a normal Sim and a plantsim try for baby.  I planted the seed and then added the local papparazzi to the house.  The paparazzi harvested the seed and that plantSim baby was the pap's clone/child.  PlantSims don't have genetics just a life state.
Does this mean that PlantSIms are banned from Life State Dynasties?
If a cluttered desk is an indication of a clutter mind, what is indicated by an empty desk?
~~~
That one moment when you realize you've been stalking the same thread for ten minutes... And there no reason why because you're up to date on everything.
~~~
Crossing the Rubicon

The Dark Fae's Quest

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2013, 10:24:36 PM »
Thanks Ricalynn (I hadn't read your test on the other thread).
Pity - I'm not much into clones. Oh well. :)

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2013, 10:33:59 PM »
Does this mean that PlantSIms are banned from Life State Dynasties?

No, but with severe restrictions. Heirs can never be a PlantSim, spares can, and spouses can after they've provided a true heir.

These rules were recently posted on the Life States Dynasty thread itself. :)
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Chuckles_82

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2013, 11:07:52 PM »
Do plant sims have any special abilities, skills or needs? I remember reading that they need to stay hydrated, and soak up water in various ways, but that is all I know.

Offline Eldridge

• I am thou, thou art I
  • Watcher
  • Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2013, 04:20:29 AM »
Of course, they do! Although I haven't playing much about PlantSims, this is what I can tell you:

Special abilities:
1. You can access Photosynthesize interaction. This will recover Energy and Water needs for that PlantSims.
2. You gain two type of kiss as special interactions.
- Flower kiss: this will give the target an 'Obsessed' moodlet for 8 hour and this interaction is considered as flirty.
- Poison kiss: I notice that I can unlocked it when I have a sims as an enemy. For the plantsims itself will gain 'Hydrated' moodlet that can boost their mood +30. For the victim they will have 'Poisoned' moodlet that last for 3 hours and suffer their mood for -25.
3. They can 'Commune with Plant'. The option that you can get:
- Ask About Day
- Get To Know
- Compliment
- Imply Mother Was Acorn
- Flirt

And it's seems the plant is talking back too to them. It's kinda creeped me out (look at plant not plantsims).
I don't know about what effect that can give them. Maybe somebody could point this out?
4. When they are walking around there's seem to have a special effect, like a trail of flowers.
5. I don't know if this can be called a special abilities, but others say when PlantSims try a baby they produces seed.

Skills: Don't know yet, so I can't say much.

Needs: Their Hunger and Bladder don't decay. The new one is Water.
“Sometimes the little things in life mean the most.” ― Ellen Hopkins

My Stories:
1. The Demosthenes Immortal Dynasty: Kev's Corner #08 - Thankful (31/12/13)
2. The Goode-Rotter's Life Story: Case Eleven - Signs of Love (27/12/13)

Offline Cas

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2013, 07:52:47 AM »
PlantSims cannot become pregnant nor can they get someone pregnant.  Try for Baby will always produce a seed.  Genetics are not a part of the PlantSim coding.

[edit - proven to be caused by a mod - claim retracted! :-[ ]

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2013, 08:05:47 AM »
This is actually false.  Plant sims can get a regular sim pregnant, as has just happened in my game.  So I speculate that it is like with other exotics, where there is a chance for a regular sim child, or a plant sim seed to be created - but further experimenting needs to be done before we can be sure with any confidence.

I tried with 2 couples to get pregnant 8 times each and every time was with a seed.   Do you use mods?  Which was the plantSim the male or female as I used both.

edit: I just used a male PlantSim and a normal female Sim.   No supernaturalness involved at all.   I had them do nothing but try for baby over a 48 hour period and they both had fertility treatment.  She's not pregnant but she does have 97 forbidden fruit seeds.

Offline Cas

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2013, 08:21:19 AM »
The male was the plant sim, the female the regular sim.

I do use a few of Twallan's mods.  I guess it is possible they affect reproduction some how - I'll have to do some experiments.

Did you try with a female regular sim?

anything