Author Topic: Plant sims  (Read 120080 times)

Offline Cas

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Plant sims
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2013, 08:42:21 AM »
My apologies Ricalynn.  In a mod free game, you're right, it always seems to produce a seed - at least in the 10-15 tries I have just attempted.  So the culprit for my earlier pregnancy, must be one of Twallon's mods.

Please ignore/delete my earlier post.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2013, 08:50:04 AM »
You're fine.  I love twallan's mods for reasons just like that circumstance but I had to thoroughly test PlantSims for the viability in the dynasties.   I spent two days alone working on PlantSims trying to figure out their advantages, disadvantages and possibilities.   It saddens me that they only produce seeds but that's how EA wanted it. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline rarespawn

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2013, 02:47:53 PM »
I've been trying to figure out if plant sims age like normal sims, but I can't seem to find that info anywhere.  Does anybody know?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2013, 03:11:34 PM »
Yes their lifespan is whatever you have it for normal Sims.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline babynixie

• Nooboo
Plantsim?
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2013, 12:14:57 AM »
Okay so I just downloaded this game the other day and I have no clue what I did but i decided to let my sim be a "science test" and she ended up becoming a plantsim i think is what they call it. D: I want her back to human and have no clue how to do so please help!!!!!!

Offline Dltndav

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Plantsim?
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2013, 02:44:18 AM »
You can cure your plantsim at the Science Facility for 3000 simoleons,  by creating "Super Spice" with the Science Research station, or throw a Potent Cure Elixir at them.

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2013, 09:55:31 AM »

I found another interesting thing yesterday.

At college my Sim had her boyfriend living with her in a rented house. She planted and harvested four Plant Sims.

When it came time to go home a little message popped up saying that there were not enough Sims to carry the little ones and they would have to be left behind. So I thought two of them would be there when she went back to finish her credits.

Once they got back to their home town a little message popped up asking if I wanted to get a baby sitter to carry the other little ones. I said yes both times the message popped up. When my Sim got to her house in her home town there they were, all four of the little Plant Sims on the floor in her house.

I was very surprised that the game came up with this solution.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2013, 10:00:02 AM »
That's interesting.   University and in a WA world are the only worlds you're not supposed to get a PlantSim.   Do you use Mods?

Offline Dextra2

• Ruler-of-All-She-Sees-And Has A Really Big Ego.
  • Immortal
  • You can call me Dex!
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2013, 10:04:02 AM »
Does anyone have pictures of PlantSims at various ages? If so, could someone post them?
I've beem dying to know what they look like.
If a cluttered desk is an indication of a clutter mind, what is indicated by an empty desk?
~~~
That one moment when you realize you've been stalking the same thread for ten minutes... And there no reason why because you're up to date on everything.
~~~
Crossing the Rubicon

The Dark Fae's Quest

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2013, 11:09:03 AM »
That's interesting.   University and in a WA world are the only worlds you're not supposed to get a PlantSim.   Do you use Mods?

Was that about my post?

Right at the moment all I have installed are Overwatch and Error trap. They keep my game from crashing when I go into CAS.

As far as growing Plant Sims though, I was able to do that before I put any mods back in my game. So far I've grown five Plant Sim babies.

Four were boys, one was a girl. Four were grown in her garden (three boys and one girl) and one in a pot inside her house during the winter.

Another interesting thing. I bought a Bonehilda to be in the house with the babies while my Sims attended classes. She would do all the housework duties she was supposed to do but she refused to pick up the babies. She would stand beside the crib and look at them but not pick them up.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2013, 11:15:31 AM »
Yeah it was in response to your test.    You're not living in a dorm are you?  Just a normal house?

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2013, 11:22:42 AM »
Yeah it was in response to your test.    You're not living in a dorm are you?  Just a normal house?

She's renting that one bedroom house closest to the campus.

Offline cndneh

• Watcher
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2013, 11:28:12 AM »
Where do you get the special seeds to plant Plant Sims.  Is it only in the University town or can you find it in other EA towns?  I'm playing Moonlight Falls and my fairy sim (and mother to 10) wanted a special seed to get a Plant Sim but I don't know where to get it.   Unless I send her to university to get one?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2013, 11:29:20 AM »
That could be the difference between my tests and yours.  Thanks RunAmok!  I never even thought of that.    So yeah planting forbidden fruit has a 100% rate of being a baby unless you live in a full house or with a full house of roommates .

@Cndneh - I've gotten them from gene splicing on the science machine.  You can also get them from woohooing with a plantSim which will rarely show up in town. 

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2013, 11:46:39 AM »
Where do you get the special seeds to plant Plant Sims.  Is it only in the University town or can you find it in other EA towns?  I'm playing Moonlight Falls and my fairy sim (and mother to 10) wanted a special seed to get a Plant Sim but I don't know where to get it.   Unless I send her to university to get one?

My Sim has maxed out science and gardening. She also has the collection helper LTR. So far I haven't found any forbidden fruit seeds laying around the UL town, and I've really looked.  She's gotten all her seeds from gene splicing experiments.

She's gotten FF seeds from common seeds (like apples,tomatoes and lettuce), rare seeds and special seeds. There doesn't seem to be any particular seed that works better than others. Sometimes I'll have her use the same seed over and over until she gets a FF seed.

I've also noticed that not all seeds can be used. At times she's had 40 0r 50 seeds in her inventory and not all of them show up on the menu at the science machine. I can't remember which ones they are. I think pumpkin seeds and mandrake are a couple of them.