Author Topic: Plant sims  (Read 119030 times)

Offline Cas

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Plant sims
« Reply #45 on: March 18, 2013, 12:44:20 PM »
When you pick forbidden fruit, can you get twins?  Do fertility treatments and such like take effect when you pick them?

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #46 on: March 18, 2013, 12:53:36 PM »
No.  It's one baby per plant.  The reason for this is because that little sprout you see at the top of the fruit is their head.  No way it can turn into two.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Catarra Nightshade

• I got Cat class...
  • Townie
  • And I got Cat style!
« Reply #47 on: March 18, 2013, 01:05:16 PM »
Thank you Shirin! That must be what I'm doing wrong. I just have my sims "Tend Garden." As soon as winter is over, I'll try the "Pick Fruit" option. :)

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #48 on: March 18, 2013, 02:18:19 PM »
Most welcome!

Easiest way to do it, pick the fruit (you'll get the notification that you've just adopted a plantsim), and then afterwards, you can go about tending the garden if you want.

JessieJJJ

« Reply #49 on: March 18, 2013, 02:32:10 PM »
Just to let people know... There is a forbidden fruit seed at Llama beach in University Life world. I saw it on a video.

Jessie

Offline batsrcool

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #50 on: March 19, 2013, 08:56:17 PM »
Does anyone know if PlantSims that are grown from Forbidden Fruit count towards the Monster Maker LTW total?

Offline cndneh

• Watcher
« Reply #51 on: March 19, 2013, 09:31:14 PM »
Just to let people know... There is a forbidden fruit seed at Llama beach in University Life world. I saw it on a video.

Jessie

I can confirm this, though I couldn't pick it up, it just said "plant here" (and I wasn't level 7), I also have 8 people in the household so I can't add to it. :( 

Does anyone know if PlantSims that are grown from Forbidden Fruit count towards the Monster Maker LTW total?

Great Question!  I'm interested in an answer as well. 

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #52 on: March 20, 2013, 02:21:39 PM »
I did not know if you do not potty train a plantsim (but they do learn to walk/talk), you get only "moderate" success and a trait is autochosen.

Kind of seems weird to me. "Well, babydoll, I know you don't go potty, but let's learn how anyway!"

Also walking toddlers with flower trails are just adorable!

Edit: How is this not adorable? This is Flora, the daughter of Hél Hendrix in my Life States Dynasty (she is Evil and Grumpy, which makes this even more darling, as she leaves a trail of flowers in her evil wake)

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #53 on: March 21, 2013, 03:24:01 AM »
I must say, Flora looks evil in that photo. She looks like she is revenge-seeking.
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #54 on: March 21, 2013, 10:54:29 AM »
Ha! Teenage Flora is worse. ;D

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #55 on: March 24, 2013, 12:08:02 AM »
Ok so I was curious as to what would happen if I took my favorite pair of Sims at the moment and had them eat Forbidden Fruit.   They ate the fruit and got a 4 hour moodlet which if taken to the science lab could have been treated.  I didn't treat them.

I give you Artie Grim & Hebe Smith.    Artie and Hebe have both completed their own dynasties.   Artie became blue from red and Hebe red from Blue.   They also got hair that wasn't just green like all my previous experience which is cool.   

Here are some more pictures of PlantSims.   Sorry about the light on some of them.   Daylight left really quick and I didn't realize how dark they were until I looked just now.

Artie pre fruit pulling up his son Artoo.

Artoo as a toddler.  All PlantSims look the same for me with a leaf diaper and no hair.

Artoo & his cousin Poppy Smith aging up.  Poppy looked exactly the same as a YA.

PlantSims can wear normal clothes but not all the leaves you see are from their clothes. This is Artoo YA with a bathing suit on and you can see a lot of his leafyness is actually his skin.

The garden as it were.   Poppy Smith, Hebe Smith, Arthree (front), Thorn Grim (back), Artie Grim, Artoo Grim, Daisy Grim
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Miss Estella

• Llama Wrangler
  • ❤ Sims
« Reply #56 on: March 24, 2013, 04:12:59 PM »
Thanks Ricalynn for those pictures! I've been involved with my own plantsim quest and I should be able to get my first plantsim baby the next time I load my game. I was really wondering what they'd look like. :)

Louise56

« Reply #57 on: March 28, 2013, 02:38:46 PM »
I did have a bit of a bug with my plantsim. When she returned from college she had normal motives and was like a normal sim.
I sent her back to University and she is a plantsim again. I hope she stay that way.

Offline Ilovedoves_1989

• Nooboo
« Reply #58 on: April 04, 2013, 10:06:46 PM »
I discovered a way to determine the gender of a plantsim baby. when you fertilize the plant, fertilize with an apple for a girl, and a watermelon for a boy. these fruits do the same for pregnancy, except you eat as many as you can, if you get the stuffed moodlet, just use control- click on the moodlet in the moodlet box,  after typing TestingCheatsenabled true into the cheats console that is.

Offline Niana

• Occult
« Reply #59 on: April 04, 2013, 10:08:41 PM »
I discovered a way to determine the gender of a plantsim baby. when you fertilize the plant, fertilize with an apple for a girl, and a watermelon for a boy. these fruits do the same for pregnancy, except you eat as many as you can, if you get the stuffed moodlet, just use control- click on the moodlet in the moodlet box,  after typing TestingCheatsenabled true into the cheats console that is.

Whoa, really?? *runs off to test the gender of plantsims*

anything