Author Topic: Information about DNA Samples & Clones  (Read 76775 times)

Offline Eldridge

• I am thou, thou art I
  • Watcher
  • Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
Information about DNA Samples & Clones
« on: March 12, 2013, 03:50:56 PM »
    Information about DNA Samples
    • DNA samples will be unlocked when you reach level 8 Science, you will receive two of your own Sims DNA Samples.
    • You have an ability to clone from a sample when you reach level 9.
    • You can get them from someone who have a good relationships, they will just give it to you for free.
    • In fact you can't get these from Sims with a Neurotic traits, they will just decline] the request although you are their best friend or their spouse, unfortunately that's will not work. Socialize with them until they think you're friendly not work either, they just leave you in an awkward situation. When you tell them to move in, the result still same when asking about DNA. There's no other way for now except themselves who do the experiment.
    • You can get DNA Samples from Teen up to Elder.
    • DNA Samples worth around 42 to 50 Simoleons. If you want to get rich, try something else ;D
    • I have been play around with how is Science Skill related with the worth of DNA Samples.  And yet there's a connection. If you do have higher Science Skill, the DNA will worth more. For example: At lv 8 you get your 2 DNA Samples and it's worth $45, when you keep that and reach lv.10, DNA Samples that you have will worth around $50. I only observe DNA Samples only, I don't take attention to another sample but I do believe the worth of the sample will start lower worth too. You still don't get rich if you depend on DNA Samples
    • It's seem that your Sims will have a chance to learn the target traits when taking their DNA.
    • Don't bother to collecting DNA Samples while you're in University, that just waste your time because after the hard work you do all of them will just disappear when you are travelling back home. (I think to keep the samples is impossible, but you can still invite them over and take their DNA and create a clone of them if you like)
    • When you choose to go into other neighborhood (via move Sims into bin and start over in new neighborhood) the DNA Samples that you have collected so far will be disappear without a trace, this is only work in the same neighborhood. So, originally it's from Sunset Valley, if you start over it will only work in Sunset Valley. That's will do with the rest of neighborhood.
    • When you deleted the Sims that you have acquired his/her DNA Samples, it's also vanish.
    • Just to make sure, you can't get DNA Samples from a Grim Reaper, first he has a neurotic trait! You can get his samples through the only way, add him into your household and get his sample yourself. And second you can't store this when you start in same new neighbourhood because it will disappear and your hard work surely will be in vain -talk from experience-

Information about Clones
    • They will not retain any relationship/connection to anyone [Rica]
    • There are 4 possibility of the result that you can get
    • Clones not always look the same as original, if you're not satisfied just keep try it untill you get the 'spiiting same image' notification.
      You can look the difference as nooboo when you're looking at their first and second trait, it should be resemble the original.
      For example it should be look like this:
    • Oddly, clone that result from Cloning success! will received attractiveness lifetime rewards available to them and usually come with Good or Flirty trait.
    • Clone that result from Cloning fail! usually come up with Evil or Childish trait.

Question
    How can I get my own (Sim's) DNA sample because I have utilized my two Samples in research?
    Answer
    • Have other Sims to take your Sims DNA samples. That is the only way if you have used all of your samples.
    • Or, save your current Sims to bin. Create your Sims doppelganger, place your doppelganger in town. You can take the DNA from your Sims doppelganger. But, do notice that the samples will disappear when you delete your doppelganger.
    • You also can make your doppelganger to take your Sims DNA samples.

If you need DNA Samples of Sunset Valley Neighborhood you can find and get  that here. The thread included the explanation and instruction if you interested with DNA Samples and Cloning things. But, don't forget if you have something new, please add here. You help me, you help others too.

Edit: I don't know why, I can't get rid of [/list] things even I delete them in this post. Every time I save they just coming back.[/list]
    “Sometimes the little things in life mean the most.” ― Ellen Hopkins

My Stories:
    1. The Demosthenes Immortal Dynasty: Kev's Corner #08 - Thankful (31/12/13)
    2. The Goode-Rotter's Life Story: Case Eleven - Signs of Love (27/12/13)

Chuckles_82

Re: Information about DNA Samples & Clones
    « Reply #1 on: March 14, 2013, 07:07:30 PM »
    Thanks Eldridge, it's good to know that DNA samples don't travel well.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Eldridge

• I am thou, thou art I
    • Watcher
    « Reply #2 on: March 15, 2013, 01:44:58 AM »
    Thanks Eldridge, it's good to know that DNA samples don't travel well.
    You're welcome, Chuckles :)

There was another things that I want to add:
    - I have been play around with how is Science Skill related with the worth of DNA Samples.  And yet there's a connection. If you do have higher Science Skill, the DNA will worth more. For example: At lv 8 you get your 2 DNA Samples and it's worth $45, when you keep that and reach lv.10, DNA Samples that you have will worth around $50. I only observe DNA Samples only, I don't take attention to another sample but I do believe the worth of the sample will start lower worth too. You still don't get rich if you depend on DNA Samples ;D
    - When you cloned a sample. It's seem 'spitting the same image' only affect the first traits that the nooboo have. In example: If you do cloned Nick Alto and have 'spitting the same image' notification. The nooboo will have 'family oriented' and 'ambitious'.
    - 'Spitting the same image' also may have a chance that they will not turn be a perfect replica of the original. In my case, I have cloned Nick Alto two times. The 'spitting same image' and just cloned. And it's turn that just cloned have his unique hair and the 'spitting the same image' don't have it.
    - It's weird, when you successfully cloned without spitting the same image, the nooboo actually gain favorites, zodiac the same way as original, but do notice that you have will always get random traits, and it also he/she will have 'attractive' lifetime reward available to them.
    - Just to make sure, you can't get DNA Samples from a Grim Reaper, first he has a neurotic trait! You can get his samples through the only way, add him into your household and get his sample yourself. And second you can't store this when you start in same new neighbourhood because it will disappear and your hard work surely will be in vain -talk from experience-

My Stories:

Offline iDeshnoor

• Nooboo
    « Reply #3 on: March 21, 2013, 11:03:38 AM »
    How can I get my own (Sim's) DNA sample because I have utilized my two Samples in research?

Offline Eldridge

• I am thou, thou art I
    • Watcher
    « Reply #4 on: March 21, 2013, 11:08:43 AM »
    The way that you can do:
    - Have other Sims to take your Sims DNA samples. That is the only way if you have used all of your samples.
    - Or, save your current Sims to bin. Create your Sims doppleganger, place your doppleganger in town. You can take the DNA from your Sims doppleganger. But, do notice that the samples will disappear when you delete your doppleganger.
    - You also can make your doppleganger to take your Sims DNA samples.

My Stories:

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
    « Reply #5 on: March 29, 2013, 06:24:35 PM »
    When you clone a Sim from their DNA sample, I understand that they start off as a baby. Does that baby then become the child of the Sim who did the cloning, or are they the offspring of the Sim from whose DNA sample they come from, or do they not have a parent at all?

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
    • Watcher
    • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
    « Reply #6 on: March 29, 2013, 08:21:34 PM »
    When you clone a Sim from their DNA sample, I understand that they start off as a baby. Does that baby then become the child of the Sim who did the cloning, or are they the offspring of the Sim from whose DNA sample they come from, or do they not have a parent at all?

They have no connection to anyone.
    Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
    Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
    « Reply #7 on: March 30, 2013, 04:09:00 AM »
    Oh...really.... ;D

I had an amazing idea for my next Immortal Dynasty, and that just gives me even more wondrous ideas.

I <3 you. :)

Offline lvrugger

• Occult
    « Reply #8 on: March 30, 2013, 04:11:36 AM »
    Oh...really.... ;D

I had an amazing idea for my next Immortal Dynasty, and that just gives me even more wondrous ideas.

I <3 you. :)

If I didn't have 3 current dynasites going, I'd be doing the same as you. Actually, I may still do it when I'm done with my Immortal. Cloning the next generation spouse every generation? Devious.

Offline Eldridge

• I am thou, thou art I
    • Watcher
    « Reply #9 on: March 30, 2013, 08:37:40 AM »
    I guess that I really need to modify it with better look. Rica, thank you for answering :)

My Stories:

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
    • Watcher
    « Reply #10 on: May 25, 2013, 05:11:25 PM »

Thinking of cloning for dynasties, does the clone share the same life state as the original? Ie: do I need to cure them of being a banned life state before getting a sample?

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
    • Watcher
    • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
    « Reply #11 on: May 25, 2013, 06:29:14 PM »
    Yes they will share the life state.
    Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
    Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
    « Reply #12 on: May 27, 2013, 06:20:22 PM »
    I wanted to add that in my (limited) experience, when I tried to gather up DNA samples last night, there were two refusals (out of like ten), and both appeared to be due to the Evil trait. I didn't get anything about Neurotic at all.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
    • Global Moderator
    • Watcher
    • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
    « Reply #13 on: January 04, 2014, 10:42:55 PM »
    Old thread, I know, but I don't want to create another thread for my question on cloning.

Can you clone a sim after they die? This is assuming that you got a DNA sample before they died, and that their tombstone still exists in the main world.
    No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Serenity S.

• Occult
    • Flea market shopper in 3rd generation.
    « Reply #14 on: January 09, 2014, 11:00:38 AM »
    Can you clone a sim after they die? This is assuming that you got a DNA sample before they died, and that their tombstone still exists in the main world.

If you do that, is the clone a ghost or a human?

Offline GREY

• Nooboo
    « Reply #15 on: April 20, 2014, 08:39:43 AM »
    Sorry for bumping old thread, but you can get DNA sample from butler at any relationship, even you're not a friends (didn't tried with maid, can be the same). I guess, it's pretty interesting fact to get DNA sample fast, for example, for achievement

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
    • Watcher
    • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
    « Reply #16 on: April 27, 2014, 12:26:07 AM »
    I have an odd question, when it comes to cloning Sims... when you clone a Sim who is a fairy, will their clone also be a fairy? I'm doing a ID and I want to grab all the original townie DNA I can to spread the love for my next 6 generations or so, but I'm finding a lot of the townspeople switched to becoming supernatural. I want to use their DNA, but if they are a supernatural they will automatically fail my file. Anyone know?

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
    • Watcher
    « Reply #17 on: April 27, 2014, 12:10:06 PM »
    Yes, the life state transfers. Cure the donor sim before grabbing their DNA/cloning from the sample (if they turn after you collect the sample; I don't know if it will transfer to the clone if the donor turns into a supernatural after collecting the sample but before cloning, but you can never be too safe).

Also, one odd little thing I noticed with cloning sims is that the clone occasionally comes out with different coloring. I cloned a few sims over the course of my dynasty; two came out looking exactly like their donors, but two others came out nearly alike, but with a different hair or eye color.

The interesting part was one who was cloned from a blue-eyed donor, but came out with black eyes. While her donor was blue-eyed, the donor's parents both had black eyes. I thought it was a pretty nice throwback to her ancestry. Then there was one cloned from a donor with black and blue hair; the clone came out with dirty blond hair, in spite of absolutely no one in the donor's family being dirty blond.

Clones always have the same exact facial features as their donors, though, so I was able to preserve the most important parts of my beloved townie genes without any fear. ;)

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
    • Watcher
    « Reply #18 on: April 27, 2014, 02:12:02 PM »
    Yes, the life state transfers. Cure the donor sim before grabbing their DNA/cloning from the sample (if they turn after you collect the sample; I don't know if it will transfer to the clone if the donor turns into a supernatural after collecting the sample but before cloning, but you can never be too safe).

Also, one odd little thing I noticed with cloning sims is that the clone occasionally comes out with different coloring. I cloned a few sims over the course of my dynasty; two came out looking exactly like their donors, but two others came out nearly alike, but with a different hair or eye color.

The interesting part was one who was cloned from a blue-eyed donor, but came out with black eyes. While her donor was blue-eyed, the donor's parents both had black eyes. I thought it was a pretty nice throwback to her ancestry. Then there was one cloned from a donor with black and blue hair; the clone came out with dirty blond hair, in spite of absolutely no one in the donor's family being dirty blond.

Clones always have the same exact facial features as their donors, though, so I was able to preserve the most important parts of my beloved townie genes without any fear. ;)
    Thank you for the information, Trip! I'm glad you told me. I guess I'll have him grind through alchemy quickly, I don't want to lose those Goths before then!

I guess I'll also just save-as and do a test of the gene before I go through and play the real thing to make sure they weren't affected by changing into a supernatural after receiving the DNA (if that is the case).

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
    • Watcher
    • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
    « Reply #19 on: April 28, 2014, 05:36:14 PM »
    I just tested whether you could carry DNA samples with you if you moved to another town by the in-game option (the one that came with Island Paradise, where you don't put the sims in a bin, but just call to move). Apparently, you can't.
    When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
    • Watcher
    « Reply #20 on: April 28, 2014, 10:57:31 PM »
    Not too surprised. You need the donor sims to exist in some form for the samples to survive, and the previous world and the sims in it are obliterated when you move.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
    • Watcher
    « Reply #21 on: April 29, 2014, 12:01:44 PM »
    Question: should I be super careful about sending the Sim to worlds in World Adventures then? Or will they be ok? I'll likely take them out and leave them behind if that's the case - or just leave the Sim behind in general. Any thoughts?

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
    • Watcher
    « Reply #22 on: April 29, 2014, 12:04:08 PM »
    Leave the samples behind. I heard that they don't travel well, and you can never be too careful.

And if you're intent on getting DNA from a sim in a vacation world/University, invite them to your homeworld and take the samples there.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
    • Watcher
    « Reply #23 on: April 29, 2014, 12:08:17 PM »
    Leave the samples behind. I heard that they don't travel well.

And if you're intent on getting DNA from a sim in a vacation world/University, invite them to your homeworld and take the samples there.
    I figured as much. I just want to travel once with at least one Sim to buy out like 20 chests. I prefer that method of storage as inventories tend to cause lag and the Alchemy cabinets don't really fit my style of things. I plan to just throw them in the chest as soon as I get one and call it a day and only bring it out if I need to make a clone for the next generation.
    Good news though, only Gunther was affected by Vampirism, but I was able to grab Cornelia (as she was just an elderly human Sim).
    This is going to sound strange, but even though Cornelia and Agnes are sisters in game, I can take their clones and marry them both in eventually, right? Like if I used Cornelia for one generation and a few generations down the road used Agnes? They won't stop me as being "related?"
    Sorry for asking so many questions! Your information is so helpful!

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
    • Watcher
    « Reply #24 on: April 29, 2014, 12:13:40 PM »

Clones are not related to anyone. So, yes--heck Cornelia and Agnes's clones could have a romance of their very own--if you know, you wanted that.  ::)

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
    • Watcher
    « Reply #25 on: April 29, 2014, 12:15:10 PM »
    Clones are not related to anyone. So, yes--heck Cornelia and Agnes's clones could have a romance of their very own--if you know, you wanted that.  ::)
    Haha!  ::) I'll stick to marrying them into my Dynasty. Thank goodness there's no suck thing as genetic disorders!
    Thank you all for your time! I think that's all for my questions for now! :)

Offline DisasterAhead

• Llama Wrangler
    « Reply #26 on: June 20, 2014, 03:48:34 PM »
    When you clone a sim with the cloning machine, is the resulting baby related to the sim that cloned themselves? Or is the baby parent-less?

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
    • Watcher
    « Reply #27 on: June 20, 2014, 04:23:01 PM »
    The resulting baby has no parents, and I'm merging this with our main thread on Cloning Sims.

Offline DisasterAhead

• Llama Wrangler
    « Reply #28 on: June 20, 2014, 04:32:00 PM »
    Okay, thanks.

Offline mysteriousways143

• Llama Wrangler
    « Reply #29 on: January 27, 2015, 05:16:15 PM »
    Old thread, I know, but I don't want to create another thread for my question on cloning.

Sorry to post on an old thread but I was wondering the same exact thing and the question was never answered. I am thinking of possibly cloning the two childless elder females in DV later on.

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
    « Reply #30 on: January 27, 2015, 07:14:12 PM »
    Yes you can.

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
    • Watcher
    « Reply #31 on: March 21, 2020, 08:22:31 PM »
    One fun cloning quirk: if you take a sample from a ghost (like a dead sim who's come out for the night, no data on playables yet), their clone isn't a ghost. Or there's a good chance of it. It didn't happen to me. This isn't true for other occult types because ghosts are special, but ain't that neat?

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
    « Reply #32 on: March 22, 2020, 11:27:39 AM »
    Ah! I was wondering whether the ghost overlay would transfer to the clone.  That's interesting  :)

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
    • Watcher
    « Reply #33 on: March 22, 2020, 05:36:16 PM »
    @hazelnut: I knew it wouldn't if you had a sample taken while a sim was alive because I had done it already (maybe I should have brought it up in your thread when you did, sorry about that). Though if you want a ghost baby I guess it's a lot trickier!

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
    « Reply #34 on: March 23, 2020, 08:48:40 AM »
    I don't mind - I've had more than my share of ghost babies already  ;).  I was just curious.

Offline fansidoodle

• Townie
    « Reply #35 on: October 23, 2020, 06:36:00 PM »
    If you take dna from a vampire will the clone come out as a vampire nooboo, or is it similar to ghosts mentioned above?

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
    • Watcher
    « Reply #36 on: October 23, 2020, 07:12:44 PM »
    @fansidoodle: vampire samples give way to vampire babies, cure them first. Ghosts have a life state underneath being a ghost, which for many is just being human.

anything