Author Topic: Unknown Books  (Read 3396 times)

MaryMary

Unknown Books
« on: June 30, 2010, 11:17:30 PM »
I have a personal goal of having my bookworm sim eventually read every book available, and I just picked up a couple of books at the consignment shop that aren't on my list.  My list is compiled from what is available at the town stores and all the WA destinations.  I didn't see them on the list of career books either.  Is there a source I'm overlooking?  Or does the game generate random books?  The two books are "The Great Search" and "A Punch and a Poke."

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: Unknown Books
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2010, 12:21:02 AM »
I don't recall seeing those titles before.  I know each expansion pack brings new books with it, so those are probably new with Ambitions (if you have it).  I also had my Sim bring back a new title from the future.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

MaryMary

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2010, 08:17:51 AM »
The WA new books were in stores, so I suppose I was thinking that Ambitions would do the same thing.  But I suppose the unsourced books could represent books from the future, or books written by self-employed writer sims.  I'm sure glad there's extra space on my checklist.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2010, 09:33:50 AM »
The WA new books were in stores, so I suppose I was thinking that Ambitions would do the same thing.  But I suppose the unsourced books could represent books from the future, or books written by self-employed writer sims...

Yeah, my guess is they're books written by townies. Welcome to the forums, MaryMary.

Offline Jonna

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2010, 08:39:52 PM »
You can come back to the present with new books when you travel in your time machine, books that I hadn't seen before Ambitions.  I haven't any idea how many books like that there are.  And I hadn't realized that townies can write books... interesting.

MaryMary

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2010, 10:43:20 PM »
I've been back to the consignment store twice since posting, and both times there was a new book I had never heard of.  I have decided that I will have to change my bookworm's goal from 'read every book' to 'read every book I come across' since the game will probably keep generating them.  But I'm not discouraged, because the fun finds I'm getting from the consignment store make up for it.  The last trip, I found a miner for sale.  Twinbrook will be full of holes tonight!

Offline Branr

• Occult
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2010, 11:56:19 AM »
I just picked up a new book in the future: "SimCity 7940 Tips and Tricks".

It was worth $1,552 too.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

bshag

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2010, 05:33:27 PM »
Great find Branr!  I feel lucky if I bring back some simeleons. :D

I love the consignment store...never know what you're going to find there.  I have many new books from there, or sims do. :D

The pictures painted by the townies that my sim has bought seem to have a wide line through them...don't know if this is by accident or on purpose. :P

pepperpizzapal

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2010, 08:16:05 PM »
Don't forget that there are books in vanilla and WA that are only obtainable via opprotunities, most of which are specific to a certain career (medical books for doctors, law sets for policemen, even future planning books for students.)

I have no idea how many of those there are, either. Not sure it's possible to collect all the books, but good luck with your ultimate private library! Awesome goal!

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2010, 08:47:48 PM »
I just picked up a new book in the future: "SimCity 7940 Tips and Tricks".

It was worth $1,552 too.
I got a book from the past called "To Hunt of to Gather".
Formerly Simstar3

MaryMary

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2010, 12:31:07 AM »
Don't forget that there are books in vanilla and WA that are only obtainable via opprotunities, most of which are specific to a certain career (medical books for doctors, law sets for policemen, even future planning books for students.)

I have no idea how many of those there are, either. Not sure it's possible to collect all the books, but good luck with your ultimate private library! Awesome goal!

I have a list of those, but I've never seen one turn up in the consignment store.  I'm not counting them as part of the collection, because she would have to go through almost all the career tracks multiple times to even stand a chance of getting all those books.

After a while, I realized that the game has a big list of book names to draw from, because some of the ones I have bought have titles that appeared as default names when my sim started to write a book.  I use my own titles for my sim-written books - and they show up in the library, how cool is that? - but I've been tickled at how quickly the game-suggested title shows up on a store book.

anything