Author Topic: Time Required to Perform Songs on Guitar  (Read 4057 times)

Offline Jonna

• Occult
Time Required to Perform Songs on Guitar
« on: July 14, 2010, 07:47:45 PM »
How long should it take to perform a song on the guitar?  I was testing something (something else, that is) so I had my sims' needs set on Static and told my sim, after getting off of work, to perform a song on his guitar.  So it's the next day and time for the sim to go to work and he was still performing his song!  I hadn't checked on him at all (wasn't too worried about what he was up to, as I was concentrating on a different sim).  I'll admit, I haven't had a whole lot of experience letting my sims perform an entire song, but 18 hours is a little long for one performance, isn't it?

(Not that I would think that it would matter but this was after the Ambitions patch.)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Time Required to Perform Songs on Guitar
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2010, 08:57:22 PM »
That's really bizarre, Jonna. As much experience as I have with guitarists, I have 0 experience post-Ambitions. Haven't made one. Haven't played an existing one. I plan on having at least one of my Wishmasters max the skill just for more happiness points so I'll try and keep tabs on song length. If I had to pull a number out of the air I'd say most songs typically take 2-3 hours to perform in their entirety.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Jonna

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2010, 10:47:58 PM »
Thanks, Metro.  Guess it's a bug, then.  Oh well!

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2010, 11:41:36 PM »
I've had guitarist play post-Ambitions and it fluctuates from 30 minutes to a couple of hours.  But never 18 hours.  That's definitely a glitch or something.  Try it again and see if the same thing happens.  Maybe your Sim just got stuck.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2010, 11:46:03 PM »
A 30 minute song played in its entirety, Pam? Wow. I'd keep that specific song title under your hat. At least until I start up the Rock Star Challenge next year and I beg you to tell me what it is.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2010, 11:48:08 PM »
I don't even remember which one it could have been.  I queued up a bunch of songs and just remember that one of them seemed to finish pretty quickly compared to the others.  Probably a glitch.  :P

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2010, 11:51:26 PM »
Whew! For a second there I thought you had some guitar info that I didn't know about!  ;D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Archer0

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2010, 10:45:20 AM »
I've had this bug with guitar playing as well.  Not 18 hours, but I would say over 4 (could have well been 18 if I let her go).  I que up 3 to 4 performances, go do something on another sim and when I come back, she's still playing the 1st.  There is no music though.  And it doesn't happen all the time.  Had one sim nearly die from hunger because of it.

Also, sometimes when I've cancelled those long playing sessions, I have not gotten credit for the performance.  I figured EA tried to fix the guitar exploit, but introduced a bug instead.  :)

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2010, 12:50:49 PM »
A 30 minute song played in its entirety, Pam? Wow. I'd keep that specific song title under your hat. At least until I start up the Rock Star Challenge next year and I beg you to tell me what it is.

The guitar exploit still works in my game.  Also, I thought I knew which song Pam was talking about, so one of my Wishmasters has just tested it - 35 minutes, start to finish.  *smirk*

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2010, 01:09:10 PM »
The guitar exploit still works in my game.  Also, I thought I knew which song Pam was talking about, so one of my Wishmasters has just tested it - 35 minutes, start to finish.  *smirk*

Ha ha. Smart woman. You'll need that knowledge soon enough — I'm considering kicking off the 2011 Tournament with a Rock Star Challenge.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2010, 02:02:07 AM »

Oh good!  At least I wasn't imagining things!

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2010, 02:28:54 PM »
I've had this guitar bug too: queuing up a bunch of performances, only to find them on the first one many hours later.
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die,
your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. -- George Carlin