Author Topic: Relationship between Skill Challenge and Lifetime Reward  (Read 3733 times)

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Relationship between Skill Challenge and Lifetime Reward
« on: July 14, 2010, 04:14:30 PM »
Does someone know what - if any - difference there is between the Long Distance Friend LTR and the Super Friendly Charisma Challenge?  The Long Distance Friend LTR gives your sim the benefit that "friends will never become distant friends, even if you ignore them for a while."  The Super Friendly Charisma Challenge says "friendships never decay."  This sounds like the same thing - is it?  Is there any reason to buy the Long Distance Friend LtR if your sim has completed the Super Friendly Charisma Challenge?

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Relationship between Skill Challenge and Lifetime Reward
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2010, 04:28:56 PM »
I'll give you my hunch, so take that for what it's worth — If you complete the Super Friendly Charisma Challenge and it says friendships never decay, then that means when you'd get a certain relationship to a particular level — it will always remain there — at the highest point you achieved. That's really powerful. The reward doesn't sound quite as powerful. Because there it sounds like a friendship might still decay a little, but just never to the point of someone becoming a distant friend. Again, this is all a guess.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2010, 05:17:22 PM »
Thanks, Metro.  It seems that some of the Charisma challenges and the LTRs essentially give you the same benefits - there's these two, and there's the Observant LTR and the Charisma challenge where you've learned over 50 traits - can't remember what it's called - both allow you to learn traits faster, but they aren't additive (you don't get more traits if you have both). 

So it appears that if your sim has the Super Friendly Charisma Challenge, buying the Long Distance Friend LTR would be a waste of points.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2010, 11:39:39 PM »
So it appears that if your sim has the Super Friendly Charisma Challenge, buying the Long Distance Friend LTR would be a waste of points.

I agree.  But the Long Distance Friend LTR is good for those who don't have a lot, if any, of Charisma skill.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."