Author Topic: New Set/Premium Content: Country Livin' (with Chicken Coop)  (Read 38692 times)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
New Set/Premium Content: Country Livin' (with Chicken Coop)
« on: April 03, 2013, 03:43:49 PM »
Blog link = http://www.thesims3.com/community/blog.html?blogid=494785

A Designer's Take On Sims 3 Country Living

Check out what Designer Alan Copeland has to say about how (and why) he designed the all-new premium content set:  Country Livin’. Don’t forget to pick up the Country Livin’ Set from The Sims 3 Store on April 4, 2013.

While I enjoy designing all of the different premium content for The Sims 3 Store, I have a special place in my heart for any object that we can add some of that classic Sims humor into. This is just one of the reasons I’m particularly excited about our latest set, Country Livin’, which includes the Fowl and Feathers Chicken Coop! 

Finally eggs don’t just grow on plants anymore.  Not only can you get basic eggs every morning, but you can also collect rare exotic eggs that give your Sim a boost to fun and the new Egg-static moodlet! Want more opportunities to collect eggs? Just remember to feed your chickens and you’ll also get an additional egg harvest in the evening. 

Something you might not know about Sims chickens is that they are great conversationalists. If it’s getting a little lonely down on the farm, go talk to your chicken about important things like why they cross the road. If you’re lucky, your Sim might get some Universal Enlightenment (new moodlet!). 

But if you’re not so lucky, you may run into Charles the Evil Chicken. Charles is kinda a jerk. He’ll sometimes come out to argue with your Sim or fling an insult or two about your Sim’s lineage. Keep arguing and your Sim might have to teach him a thing or two about who rules the roost in a chicken fight. 

If matching wits with the Evil Chicken scares your Sim away from collecting eggs for a couple of days, the eggs might just hatch into baby chicks! Your Sim can get plenty of fun and social from playing with these cute and cuddly little guys, not to mention the new Chick Magnet moodlet. 

However, there is so much more to this set than just the Fowl and Feathers Chicken Coop. There are some great new décor objects that can make any home have that extra touch of country. 

And let’s not forget about the new outfits! This set has some awesome new clothing for toddlers, children, young adults, adults and ELDERS! How charming are these folks?

Hope you like what you see in the new Country Livin’ Set. Make sure to pick up on The Sims 3 Store when it comes out on April 4, 2013.

05:20 PM 04/03/13
Posted by: SimGuruTaterTot
Categories: Screenshots  PC/Mac Game  Expansion Pack  Stuff Pack  Sims Stories

When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: New Set/Premium Content: Country Livin' (with Chicken Coop)
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2013, 05:08:17 PM »
I was about to post this when I saw you already had.  I edited the post to include the blog link and pictures. 

I'm not sure how I feel about getting chickens.  Although, I can imagine Charles the Evil Chicken & Artie having an interesting conversation.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2013, 05:25:46 PM »
Thanks -- I didn't know how to copy in the pictures. I can just imagine Artie with the Evil chicken; probably better to keep them apart.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Tigerskin

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2013, 06:13:21 PM »
I'll be interested to see what's included with the full set and hope it's not too many sim points.

I don't know why but it sort of appeals to me. I usually have a gardener and the bee hive, anything produce related. I think it could've been better with a new produce in the game though - say a goat and from it you could have goats milk, different cheeses, milkshakes... Etc. going off on a tangent slightly!

I mean we already have eggs in the game *pouts slightly*

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2013, 06:26:52 PM »
I hope this means we get chook raffles and frozen chooks

Offline Dextra2

• Ruler-of-All-She-Sees-And Has A Really Big Ego.
  • Immortal
  • You can call me Dex!
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2013, 06:31:34 PM »
Oh! Oh! Oh! If I had any Sim Points... :-[
I want the chicken coop. If I had it, I could finsh recreating my grandfather's farm...
If a cluttered desk is an indication of a clutter mind, what is indicated by an empty desk?
~~~
That one moment when you realize you've been stalking the same thread for ten minutes... And there no reason why because you're up to date on everything.
~~~
Crossing the Rubicon

The Dark Fae's Quest

Offline jennovazombie

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2013, 10:09:58 AM »
I kind of really like this set! Looks like another one to add to my wishlist.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline DanBrunetu

• The Law Man
  • Townie
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2013, 10:30:36 AM »
This countryside themed store set is a 'must have'. 8)

Offline jen2912

• Townie
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2013, 01:10:51 PM »
The set is on sale for 1,250 simpoints until April 19 after it is 1500.

Offline Gwendy

• Occult
  • And this is why we can't have nice things.
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2013, 02:46:14 PM »
I'm not big on the set, but I want the coop. I'm gonna hold off until I can buy it separately.
The Hideous Immortal Dynasty

I think those pictures gave me heartburn.
-Shirin's roommate's Seal of Approval
------------

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2013, 02:47:59 PM »
I like most of the clothes, too - especially since some of them are in that amazingly small category, "Things that look good on elders".  Wishlisted!
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Offline sims96fan

• Occult
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2013, 03:14:46 PM »
Can you eat the chickens?

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
  • Every puzzle has an answer
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2013, 03:40:24 PM »
I must have this! Chickens!

Edit: I'm going to get this tomorrow! I'm so excited because then I'll have a horses, cats, dogs and chickens for my perfect farmyard. Now I just need cow and my life will be complete  :)
** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2013, 04:51:52 PM »
I must have this! Chickens!

Edit: I'm going to get this tomorrow! I'm so excited because then I'll have a horses, cats, dogs and chickens for my perfect farmyard. Now I just need cow and my life will be complete  :)

Well there is the cowplant...

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2013, 04:59:55 PM »
I'm not big on the set, but I want the coop. I'm gonna hold off until I can buy it separately.

I agree. I'm disappointed by the selection in a set that will normally cost 1500 SimPoints. I only really want one of the outfits (the little boys' one with suspenders) and some of the decor. My husband will make faces if I spend any more money on the Sims right now, so no chicken coop for me yet.

I too really want a nice sustainable farm with a full garden and orchard, bees, and a chicken coop would complete it perfectly! Then I could really have my dream home!
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04